Page 5 of 30 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Alexandria PD Test

  1. #101
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    300
    Good luck to everyone else
    Last edited by jigsaw457; 05-30-2010 at 01:29 AM.

  2. #102
    Night Watchman
    Street_Cop50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DC metropolitan area
    Posts
    672
    Took my medical exam today and I feel positive about it, although I'm not getting my hope up until I get the "you're hired" call.

    Anyways, I was worried about my bodyfat levels, but I got it down to 17.8% from about 22% on 11/7/08. And I was suprised that the stress test (Which only lasted about 7 minutes) was pretty easy.


    Anyone else currently in the process?

  3. #103
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    341
    marcusindc, I got my written on the 6th. Letter says casual business only, so I wasn't going to push it with a suit, probably wear shirt and tie, think that's what they want?
    Waiting for openings with:
    Amtrak PD
    City of Fairfax PD

  4. #104
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    73
    I took my poly/psych about 2 weeks ago and still waiting to hear the results. I am out of state so I took them on back to back days. Do you think I should email the recruiter and see if she has the results, or should I just wait for the email or letter and not bug her?

    Eternal - You could probably get by with wearing a shirt and tie (a lot of the people did that when I took the written), but I would go with a suit.

  5. #105
    Night Watchman
    Street_Cop50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DC metropolitan area
    Posts
    672
    smellslikeupdog,

    i would give it 1 or 2 more weeks. it took about 4 weeks for me to get my results back about my poly, and about 2-3 weeks for my psych.

    if you dont hear anything by mid december, give recruitment a call.

  6. #106
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    73
    Thank you street cop, congrats on getting through all the tests.

  7. #107
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikeupdog View Post
    Eternal - You could probably get by with wearing a shirt and tie (a lot of the people did that when I took the written), but I would go with a suit.
    Okay, suit it is... everyone else do the same?
    Waiting for openings with:
    Amtrak PD
    City of Fairfax PD

  8. #108
    Night Watchman
    Street_Cop50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DC metropolitan area
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal911 View Post
    Okay, suit it is... everyone else do the same?
    I've always worn a suit to every aspect of the hiring process, at every dept I've applied to. I feel it looks professional, compaired to the asshats who wear jeans and a t-shirt.

    And police recruiters DO notice the people who don't dress well. They singled some people out at the APD written test in July.

  9. #109
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
    I've always worn a suit to every aspect of the hiring process, at every dept I've applied to. I feel it looks professional, compaired to the asshats who wear jeans and a t-shirt.

    And police recruiters DO notice the people who don't dress well. They singled some people out at the APD written test in July.
    Yeah, I've always worn shirt and tie at least. I've heard APD is one of the more stand up professional departments and want to see you look professional.

    Time to pull out my midnight blue suit

    Anyone else going to the 8am testing on the 6th?
    Last edited by eternal911; 12-03-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: cause...
    Waiting for openings with:
    Amtrak PD
    City of Fairfax PD

  10. #110
    Forum Member
    marcusindc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal911 View Post
    marcusindc, I got my written on the 6th. Letter says casual business only, so I wasn't going to push it with a suit, probably wear shirt and tie, think that's what they want?

    Yeah, that'd be fine. If it specifically says ONLY, then you don't want to not follow the rules on the first step, but I imagine a nice pair of dockers, white shirt and tie is a good bet. Just don't wear shorts and a t-shirt. Some deucebags did that when I took the test... retards.

  11. #111
    Forum Member
    marcusindc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
    Took my medical exam today and I feel positive about it, although I'm not getting my hope up until I get the "you're hired" call.

    Anyways, I was worried about my bodyfat levels, but I got it down to 17.8% from about 22% on 11/7/08. And I was suprised that the stress test (Which only lasted about 7 minutes) was pretty easy.


    Anyone else currently in the process?

    Congrats on the weight loss. Keep us updated on the call.

    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikeupdog View Post
    I took my poly/psych about 2 weeks ago and still waiting to hear the results. I am out of state so I took them on back to back days. Do you think I should email the recruiter and see if she has the results, or should I just wait for the email or letter and not bug her?

    I'd wait for three weeks or so, then email Judy. She understands, I promise. Everyone is excited and anxious.

    Quote Originally Posted by eternal911 View Post
    Yeah, I've always worn shirt and tie at least. I've heard APD is one of the more stand up professional departments and want to see you look professional.

    Time to pull out my midnight blue suit

    Anyone else going to the 8am testing on the 6th?
    Nice to hear the department has a good reputation. Our COP is pretty big on appearances (he recently changed out vehicle paint striping and our uniforms) so look sharp and be confident.

  12. #112
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusindc View Post
    Yeah, that'd be fine. If it specifically says ONLY, then you don't want to not follow the rules on the first step, but I imagine a nice pair of dockers, white shirt and tie is a good bet. Just don't wear shorts and a t-shirt. Some deucebags did that when I took the test... retards.
    Yes it says ONLY. And to some people, this is no big deal and they'll show up in casual clothes. This means a lot to me and I'd never do that.
    Waiting for openings with:
    Amtrak PD
    City of Fairfax PD

  13. #113
    Forum Member
    marcusindc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,770
    Anybody take it today? How'd it go?

  14. #114
    On the road to perfection
    BobDole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusindc View Post
    Anybody take it today? How'd it go?
    I would have taken it but I didn't want to fail so I slept in

  15. #115
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusindc View Post
    Anybody take it today? How'd it go?
    Piece of cake! They didn't even have a math section...yet quite a few still failed.

    They are looking to hire somewhere between 5-15 for a July 09 academy. Will there be additional written exams before then, or are we it?

  16. #116
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusindc View Post
    Anybody take it today? How'd it go?
    Yup, I took it today too and passed... pretty simple test, is was all common sense pretty much. I completed my background and already sent it in.
    Waiting for openings with:
    Amtrak PD
    City of Fairfax PD

  17. #117
    Forum Member
    marcusindc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDole View Post
    I would have taken it but I didn't want to fail so I slept in
    Good thinking... I did the same.

    Plus, its cold. Who wakes up early when it's cold to take a test. Skrew that.

  18. #118
    Forum Member
    marcusindc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by flash40 View Post
    Piece of cake! They didn't even have a math section...yet quite a few still failed.

    They are looking to hire somewhere between 5-15 for a July 09 academy. Will there be additional written exams before then, or are we it?
    I'm sure they'll have other tests though I don't know when. I believe the hiring process takes no less then 3 months (at least that I've seen) so maybe another come February.

    Congrats on passing and good luck in the future.

  19. #119
    Forum Member
    marcusindc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal911 View Post
    Yup, I took it today too and passed... pretty simple test, is was all common sense pretty much. I completed my background and already sent it in.
    Congrats on passing. It's amazing to see how many people don't pass huh? Unfortunately many people think that ANYBODY can be a police officer, no matter how bright or dumb they are. Thankfully the process weeds many of them out.

    Anybody show up in jeans and a sweatshirt?

  20. #120
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusindc View Post
    Congrats on passing. It's amazing to see how many people don't pass huh? Unfortunately many people think that ANYBODY can be a police officer, no matter how bright or dumb they are. Thankfully the process weeds many of them out.

    Anybody show up in jeans and a sweatshirt?
    I don't remember any jeans, but lots of like... khaki's and sweaters or open collar shirts... One guy infront of me, the back of his collar was all messed up and like half popped... I would have told him about it... but its every man for himself during the process, cause were all fighting to get hired... if I get hired on and become a part of the brotherhood, then I'll do anything for my fellow brothers... but until then, if you look bad, its your fault... just my opinion though...
    Waiting for openings with:
    Amtrak PD
    City of Fairfax PD

  21. #121
    Night Watchman
    Street_Cop50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DC metropolitan area
    Posts
    672
    looks like i'll be starting with APD on Dec. 29th

  22. #122
    Forum Member
    marcusindc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,770
    Congrats and welcome aboard.

  23. #123
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
    looks like i'll be starting with APD on Dec. 29th
    Congrats man! I just had my interview today and set up the rest of my dates for PWC. As long as I be myself, pass everything, and ask questions in the ride along, I just have an interview with the Chief left. When I had an interview with him a few years ago he told me he would be waiting to approve me for police officer and remembered me a few months ago and told me he was still waiting.

    Hopefully I'll be hired on just before school starts back up. Think I waited too long to apply to Alexandria if everything works out with PWC. PWC is where I've lived my whole life and where I really want to be anyway, but I would be happy with APD as well.

    Best of luck to you.
    Last edited by eternal911; 12-17-2008 at 04:31 AM.
    Waiting for openings with:
    Amtrak PD
    City of Fairfax PD

  24. #124
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
    looks like i'll be starting with APD on Dec. 29th

    Congrats!

  25. #125
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    20
    I had the poly on Dec. 4 and I haven't had any news since. Does anyone know when the academy is starting?

Page 5 of 30 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Click here to log in or register