Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: mnpd

Forum Member

mnpd

i read on the nashville police website that the hiring process only took a couple of months. i was wandering if this is true. also when are the academy dates. i turned in my app on june 6th and read on government jobs dot com that i was scheduled for the exam but it did not have a date. also i am taking the test for THP next week, if you work for THP is there alot of overtime? thank you for any help

c-7
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jworth72 View Post
    i read on the nashville police website that the hiring process only took a couple of months. i was wandering if this is true. also when are the academy dates. i turned in my app on june 6th and read on government jobs dot com that i was scheduled for the exam but it did not have a date. also i am taking the test for THP next week, if you work for THP is there alot of overtime? thank you for any help
    No, it takes a lot longer than a couple of months. Try around 6-9 months.

Forum Member

I took the PAT and written exam for MNPD on May 31, got a combined score of 10, but havent heard anything from them about the BI yet. I read on here somewhere that it seems to take about 2-3 months for you to hear anything about it.... Then, as c-7 said, several more months after that to do all the other stuff (psych test, physical exam, polygraph, etc etc etc)

Forum Member

They did my BI in about 2 weeks. Gotta love being the police lol
    quantezwilliams likes this.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Jolly Green Giant
    Quote Originally Posted by tturner View Post
    I took the PAT and written exam for MNPD on May 31, got a combined score of 10, but havent heard anything from them about the BI yet. I read on here somewhere that it seems to take about 2-3 months for you to hear anything about it.... Then, as c-7 said, several more months after that to do all the other stuff (psych test, physical exam, polygraph, etc etc etc)
    I took my PAT and Written at the same time as you. I got a combined score of 9, I missed a score of 10 by one question on the written. If you don't mind Pm me when you hear something from BI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
    You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
    "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
    Unnamed inmate VCJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigj8550 View Post
    I took my PAT and Written at the same time as you. I got a combined score of 9, I missed a score of 10 by one question on the written. If you don't mind Pm me when you hear something from BI.
    Sure, will do.

If I dont hear anything by probably sometime in Sept I'll start getting worried.

Forum Member

From turning my app in til I started the academy was 11 months....

Forum Member

I took my test May 31st as well. I was contacted by recruiting dept today and told that letters will be going out to references this week. I was told that the October Academy is set and that the next academy is in March, but once processing is complete, I could be offered a pre-academy position as early as this fall.
    Last edited by NextCareer; 07-07-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Jolly Green Giant
    So by my count there are three on this board that are trying for the March 09 class. And one that might be trying for that class. Keep the information flowing, the more you know the better off you are.
    You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
    "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
    Unnamed inmate VCJ

Forum Member

They just sent me an email this morning saying that the surveys are being sent out to my references. Looks like finally there is some movement in my BI.

Forum Member

I thought you had to be hired within 6 months of applying or you would have to reapply.

Jolly Green Giant
    I believe what you are thinking of is. If you are not hired you must wait six months before resubmitting your application.
    Unnamed inmate VCJ

Forum Member

Just wondering if anyone has any new news.

Give me all you got!
    bigj8550, are you trying for the March class?
    That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Forum Member

Noticed that this thread has slipped to the second page and just wanted to refresh. I am still waiting for my conditional offer. I was told by my BI that I would receive it by E-mail in a day or two, two weeks ago. Go figure. Have not heard anything since. How is everyone else progressing?

Forum Member

I just had my interview today and my B.I. said he wanted to say it would be 10 days before I got a conditional offer, but also said it would probably be longer; they are running behind.

Forum Member

Received conditional offer. Returned e-mail/letter and am now just waiting for my appointments.

Forum Member

Does anyone know how long the MNPD's constant hiring is going to be going on?

Forum Member

Quick question: I finished all my tests four weeks ago and my BI called a few days ago to make sure she had everything in my file. Assuming my file is before the review board, I guess it's still anybody's guess as to whether I'll make it in? And how long does the review board process usually take before they'll notify you?

Forum Member

[QUOTE=gr8gatsby;1400850]Quick question: I finished all my tests four weeks ago

What tests have you taken?????

Forum Member

psyQ, CVSA, written, physical agility, etc. Now in my sixth week of waiting for a response, no word other than the BI's phone call last week to ensure everything was in the file. She said I'll hear something very soon, but how soon is very soon? I heard they're running behind...

Forum Member

I'm going to do the worst thing possible and assume you are going into the Oct. class??? I don't know when that is starting but they have always said they would allow you to give 2 weeks....I sure someone has gone through that and would be able to give better insight.

Forum Member

gatsby,

I was wondering if you could tell me about the psych. I don't need to know any detail only how many visits it took? I took my psych with Rochester NY and it took two visits. Is it the same for MNPD?

Forum Member

Two visits. First is the written then have an interview with the psychologist. The worst part of the process is the CVSA that thing isn't worth jack.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Forum Member

JDCOP,

Two questions, are the two visits on two separate days and what is so bad about the CVSA?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last