Forum Member

K9 Vehicle Graphics

Anyone got ideas on designing a k9 vehicle. I was provided a Crown Victoria and told to design some new graphics for a K-9 vehicle. Please feel free to provide pictures, websites, info , or comments. Please help any way you can.

Forum Member

Most agencies I see simply maintain the graphics of their general fleet, and then add the disclaimer on the rear door "caution police k-9".

Bulzi
    I have seen a few agencies have the rear window tint with an image of a dog and it says K9 over it. Looks pretty good, other than that most I have seen also use the same graphics as their fleet.
    I don't remember the name of the company they got the graphics for the window from!!!

Forum Member
    I have K9 on the rear pillar same color as the car, and Caution K9 right below the rear window on the door.....however people dont seem to get the message so I think im going to add "STAY BACK".

Also have the dogs name of the small rear window of the CVPI which I think is pretty kool.

Forum Member
    My vehicle is slick top but with the same graphics as the patrols. I have K-9 on the pillars, thats it. My drug dog handler is slick top also however, he has no markings or graphics just a solid white Crown Vic.

NOTE: The drug dog is a Lab, does not bite.

Forum Member
    France (cover whole of Europe) Dogs and Training Worldwide
    Phil.....what's a 'slick top', I know the Crown Vic's......
    "That's funny, he's never done that before!"

Forum Member

A slick top is a car without an external, roof mounted light bar. Lights are mounted inside and within the grill/existing light structures.

The only markings on our vehicles are the dogs name on the rear door, this is for both the NDD and PSD. Two reasons, when you get all the dog stickers on there, your unit starts to look like a DARE car. Second, if you are working interdiction you can kill your consent in court as they are intimidated by the presence of a K9.

Besides, you could plaster all the stickers you want and morons will still want to see and pet the nice doggy. If you are truly concerned about people opening your door and getting bit, disable the door latch on the passenger side rear, install a door popper with a remote on your belt, then you are the only one that can open the door.

Also, in reference to tint, that also sets our cars apart. We tint the side and rear windows to the maximum allowed by state law. It cuts the temperature in the car down by 10 degrees, works pretty good.

Forum Member
    France (cover whole of Europe) Dogs and Training Worldwide
    OK, thanks I understand now.......

for low profile searches I use a Citroen Berlingo (Estate/Brake) and I have the rear window, and rear side windows tinted, make a big difference I agree. Under French Traffic law it is not permissable to tint the windscreen and drivers/front passenger windows. We also use a Ford Mondeo Ghia estate (bit like a Ford Taurus), for training we have a Vauxhall Combo dogvan (GM), small side loading door, takes up to three dohs and all the equipment.......
    Last edited by Eurodog; 06-30-2008 at 01:10 PM.
    "That's funny, he's never done that before!"

Bulzi
    Quote Originally Posted by sross112 View Post
    Besides, you could plaster all the stickers you want and morons will still want to see and pet the nice doggy. If you are truly concerned about people opening your door and getting bit, disable the door latch on the passenger side rear, install a door popper with a remote on your belt, then you are the only one that can open the door.
    I agree there are alot of morons, but unfortunately I think the courts would disagree!!!!!

Forum Member

Man if i was to tint his eyes, add a collar with his badge and maybe a police harness....man would I be pimpin a K9 car..

Bulzi
    Quote Originally Posted by lee4160 View Post
    Man if i was to tint his eyes, add a collar with his badge and maybe a police harness....man would I be pimpin a K9 car..
    I guess this would be an appropriate Motor Unit too then!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Member

We have the same graphics as the rest of the fleet. The CVs in the fleet have K9 on the rear column. The impalas have K-9 near the rear doors.