Forum Member

NYS DOCS PSYCH TEST AUGUST 2nd!!!!

So here I stand, i passed the agility and interview and i am going to the 2nd psych test where you take more booklet tests and sit down with a psychologist. Who here can tell me what is to be expected??? Polygraphs anyone??? Any help out there?? Cant wait to get this over with!!!!

Forum Member

no polygraph
    the written phyc is long and tedious but the questions are st8 fwd

good luck
    and be prepared to spend the whole day there

and be prepared to wait a year for the call

Forum Member

written?? What is that like? I hate writing!!

Forum Member

The written test consist upon over 1,800 questions repeating itself in different formats lol. Its crazy be prepared

Forum Member

What are some of the questions that were asked?

Give us some examples

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    What are some of the questions that were asked?

Give us some examples
    One of the questions asked if you ever had sex with an animal.

Some weird ones on there!

Forum Member
    The method to the States madness here is that they ask you the same question 17 different ways to see if you answer them differently. Read each question carefully and if you have to.....go back and check your previous answers. Each one you answer differently is a red flag for the Psych's to pick apart when you go back for your oral exam. Nothing to be nervous about...you're gonna be there for most of the day anyways. Just take your time and if a questions sounds familiar chances are good that it is.............

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wnabnycdoc View Post
    One of the questions asked if you ever had sex with an animal.

Some weird ones on there!
    lol or caged animal? lol wow

Forum Member

oh jeesus......im sooo pumped!! How long after you pass it till they call you for the boot camp??

I know it's been a little while since I started, but I dont remember any boot camp

Works in Waste Management
    LOL....come on Jas151. Did he mean academy? LOL, maybe he meant to say basic training. LOL, JK. I was called 2 months after passing the psych, and was a CO academy grad 2 months afterwards.
    Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CO4NYSsoon2bDI View Post
    LOL....come on Jas151. Did he mean academy? LOL, maybe he meant to say basic training. LOL, JK. I was called 2 months after passing the psych, and was a CO academy grad 2 months afterwards.
    I'm only foolin around good luck with trainning brother!!!

Works in Waste Management
    lol....a little of that NYS jail foolin' never hurt anyone....unless you pull a bonehead move! Then it's game on!!
    Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Forum Member

haha yeah the acadamy...from what i hear is more like a boot camp. I still have over a month for this, but im sure it will come sooner than I know it. Can't wait!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nystreetguru View Post
    haha yeah the acadamy...from what i hear is more like a boot camp. I still have over a month for this, but im sure it will come sooner than I know it. Can't wait!
    brothers and sisters,, trust me nys academy is nothing like a military boot camp or basic training not even close lol..... its not bad at all first couple weeks kinda suck then its cake... and even if you are in bad to no shape pt is a joke and the pt test is the biggest joke of all.. so if you are in even a little bit of shape you will breeze through....
    It is supposed to be para-military but some of the DI's did not know the moves or commands or even proper cadence.. just get through it and do pt on your own for your own piece of mind.... good luck too you all...

Forum Member

Well im getting kind of antsy here.... i know this is stupid for me to be thinking about but after this 2nd psych test then i start getting paid right?? Do you get normal salary during the acadamy....what does NYS start off as pay wise?? And does anyone have any idea(s) what prison(s) i might be stationed at.

And you say be prepared to b there all day....well im scheduled at 7:30am....what am i looking at like 4 or 5 hours approx??

I read another thread that said after 6 mo or a year im not sure ur looking at a good 41k yearly?

.......got my eyes on a gsxr-600.....gas is too pricey these days.

And hell....if i can afford it why not a used 350z?? Who wants to roll??

i know its kinda dumb to count your chickens before they hatch but hey...im happy.