Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: CJBAT Study Guide

Forum Member

CJBAT Study Guide

Hello All
    I have been looking for the CJBAT study guide, because I want to study before I take the test. I have been out of school for a very very long time now, and have not taken a test in quite some time. If anyone can PLEASE send me a link or will be willing to e-mail me I would really appreciate it.

Forum Member
    Go to NYPD website, the study guide is very similar.
    Also try a search you will see tons of threads on this.

The actual study guide cost 15.95, worth the investment; if you are looking for 100% confidence in taking the test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcioccke View Post
    Go to NYPD website, the study guide is very similar.
    Also try a search you will see tons of threads on this.

The actual study guide cost 15.95, worth the investment; if you are looking for 100% confidence in taking the test.

I see all the threads on it, but I was just wondering if someone had one that they were willing to share.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierrat View Post
    If anyone can PLEASE send me a link or will be willing to e-mail me I would really appreciate it.

http://www.publicsafetyrecruitment.com/

Good Luck

Forum Member

The test is very simple..you really don't need a study guide. If indeed you do want one, the one from publicsafetyrucruitment is the most comparable to the test. -Best of luck

Forum Member
    As said earlier, the cjbat is very simple. Much of it is basic spelling and sentence structure questions. Then you have situations where you look at a map and have to find your quickest route. Also, you read senarios and it asks questions regarding facts on what you just read. For example: how many subjects were involved? Which person was listed at 6'0? Stuff like that. I didn't use a study guide and I scored a 96 and I've been out of highschool since 92. Good luck!

Forum Member

I know the CJBAT test changed recently. Make sure the study guide is current, otherwise it may only prepare you for test taking and not the actual test.

Forum Member

I have it. My wife paid for it about 2 weeks ago. Shoot me your email and I will send it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DefendDade View Post
    I have it. My wife paid for it about 2 weeks ago. Shoot me your email and I will send it.
    Message sent. Thanks for the help.

Forum Member

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. I know everyone said to not worry about taking the test, I just want to see what it is all about. I have not taken any tests in a really long time. Thanks again for everyones help.

Deputy

the CJBAT. I might offend some people but I"m a blunt person. The CJBAT is a joke. It is a very minimal standard of education. Personally you shouldn't have to study for it and if you can't pass it you need to consider another field for your career.

Forum Member
    BUCA- No really, How do you feel? lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bucu View Post
    the CJBAT. I might offend some people but I"m a blunt person. The CJBAT is a joke. It is a very minimal standard of education. Personally you shouldn't have to study for it and if you can't pass it you need to consider another field for your career.
    Wow I am so LUCKY that you decided to help. I guess that I am not as smart as you, so tell me what career do you think I should choose, being you are so very smart and wise. Maybe you can point me in the right direction. Please don't keep me waiting as I look forward to my new career. I was also wondering what field you are in.

Forum Member
    Wow I am so LUCKY that you decided to help. I guess that I am not as smart as you, so tell me what career do you think I should choose, being you are so very smart and wise. Maybe you can point me in the right direction. Please don't keep me waiting as I look forward to my new career. I was also wondering what field you are in.
    He's right. If you can't pass the CJBAT, seriously look into another career. You shouldn't have to study for the cjbat. Only reason I got the book was because my cousin (that is now in the academy) had it from when he took the cjbat so he gave it to me for free.

Did it help? No. The book just shows you what's on the test. My friend never got the book, had no idea what the test was about... Took it and passed it. I have another friend that went and bought the book, studied a lot for it, yet he has failed it twice.

You can either pass it or you can't. Simple as that. Nothing to study.

Forum Member
    BTW Tierrat.. I took a look at your profile...:

Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry:
    Yes
    Are You a Sworn Police Officer:
    Yes
    Retired Correction Officer

OK... As a correction officer, you still have to take the CJBAT for corrections in FL. As a sworn officer in the state of FL you have to take the CJBAT... I'm confused

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ERMDPD View Post
    BTW Tierrat.. I took a look at your profile...:

Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry:
    Yes
    Are You a Sworn Police Officer:
    Yes
    Retired Correction Officer

OK... As a correction officer, you still have to take the CJBAT for corrections in FL. As a sworn officer in the state of FL you have to take the CJBAT... I'm confused
    I am retired from NYC Corrections and I now live in Florida, I am NOT certified in florida.

Forum Member
    I am retired from NYC Corrections and I now live in Florida, I am NOT certified in florida.
    Oh alright... How old are you? How long did you work for corrections in NY?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ERMDPD View Post
    Oh alright... How old are you? How long did you work for corrections in NY?
    I worked at RIKERS for 20 years, I am now retired. So I moved to florida and I am now looking for another job.

Forum Member
    WOW, I got a copy of the CJBAT. Thanks again for sending it to me.

Is it really that easy? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I swear to you.

I'm not a scholar, but wow, it seemed pretty simple.

Are the questions similar on the test?

I have read post where people rolled out of bed and passed it, I never believed them, before.

If thats the case, I will put all my effort into PT
    Cork likes this.

Forum Member
    Yes it's simple. Honestly you just have to be an ok reader since it's a timed test and do good on the picture memorization. Try to memorize EVERYTHING in the pictures.

The test is very similar to the study guide. You don't need to study for it.

soon \|/
    the 2 min memorization is the hardest part i got a 94 and the questions i missed i know for a fact were on there because i thought i saw the cops gun in the pic and the answer was his flash light (i think) well dont worry i just pay attention and you'll do fine ! good luck

Forum Member
    Can anybody email me CJBAT study guide in PDF or MSWORD ?
    I will greately appreciate

Forum Member

Study Guide

Quote Originally Posted by DefendDade View Post
    Can you e-mail me the study guide for the test please? I am taking it next week and my email address is rsanon91@yahoo.com.

Best Regards,

Rose Sanon

Forum Member

So i took the CJBAT Monday and got an 86%. I feel like thats not good enough. The lady was saying Fort Lauderdale doesn't even look at if you dont have a 90 or above. Any truth to that?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mx736 View Post
    Any truth to that?
    Yes.
    Officer1013 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last