X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CSaw124
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2005

E.R.T. Pins

Our agency has recently started a tactical team, but for "political correctness" we have to refer to it as an Emergency Response Team instead of using the traditional SWAT name. The name is no big deal, but as team leader, I think the guys who pass the training deserve a little recognition.

I am looking for an enamel pin to wear over our name plates. We have the traditional commendation bars, but I can't find any suppliers that have an E.R.T. pin. I found SWAT, FTO, years of service, etc, but nor E.R.T.

Are there any other ERT teams that wear the pin that simply says ERT that can guide me to a supplier?

Thanks and stay safe.

Oh, and I have searched Blackinton, Smith/Warren, google, and everything else I can think of...
  • 11b101abn
    • Oct 2006

Center Mass inc. have a pin that has been adaopted by quite a few agencies. They also have some other badges and pins as well.

Comment

• DAL
      "Official Non-Person"
      • Dec 2005

I think corrections outfits usually call their special teams "Emergency Response Teams," so you might ask in that section. I think NYPD also uses that terminology.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• Narco
        Waingro...where is he?
        • Jun 2007

NYPD uses ESU- Emer. Services Unit
        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

• astralisdustin
          yep
          • May 2007

Some units in our department have special badges issued to them. Maybe add ERT to your existing badge design and allow the team members to wear them instead of their patrol badges if they wish.
          While I was in phase 5 of FTO, I was driving to a burglary in progress and the first three units were nearing the house:

SGT (on the radio): "Ok, lets have two in the front, and one in the rear."

Me (not on the radio): "Sounds like the Sgt wants the shocker!"

My FTO almost rolled out of the car laughing.

Comment

• RwHJR3
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2004

We wear S.R.T (Special Response Team)

Comment

• shooter
              shooter
              • Apr 2008

i dont know how your logistics work over there, but cant you go to a sign shop and have it made?
              ~ When I close my eyes, I`ll see you on the other side ~

Comment

• triathlon-cop
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2008

At least it's an ERT team, as opposed to the Fast Action Response Team. That acronym is embarrassing!

Can't wait for football season!

Comment

• DAL
                  "Official Non-Person"
                  • Dec 2005

I found a department that issues an ERT pin to wear over the name tag. I have no idea what it looks like.

Also: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/co...0_199872_7.pdf
                  Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• RwHJR3
                    Forum Member
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by triathlon-cop
                    At least it's an ERT team, as opposed to the Fast Action Response Team. That acronym is embarrassing!

Can't wait for football season!
                    Oh, that is HILARIOUS!

Comment

• SgtCHP
                      Retired Sergeant - CHP
                      • Nov 2006

I know you are probably looking for a site that has been used by another agency, but sometimes it is best to search around for the best price and designs. Here are a number of pin manufacturers that will give you free quotes and will assist in designing what you want if they don't have a pin already made.

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

• wirefire2
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2006

I would think your best bet is to get the pins custom made. There are a lot of companies out there that do that just do a google search on custom lapel pins and you get a lot of good hits.

Comment

• KAA951
                          Forum Member
                          • Dec 2007

Members of the local police department here wear different shoulder patches that say the name of the department but have "Tactical Team" incorporated in the center of their design.
                          ---Cut the red wire---

Comment

• Rush817
                            Forum Member
                            • Apr 2008

Our enamel pin doesn't say SWAT it just has a lightning bolt in the middle of it. You guys will perform the same functions of a SWAT Team so you could use the same pin.
                            Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

• jessicatodd
                              Forum Member
                              • Dec 2018

If you are looking high-quality custom enamel pin maker for your lapel pin design. Visit here for Best Custom Enamel Pin Manufacturer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12120 users online. 76 members and 12044 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...