Stay Aware 24-7

Riot @ Chino State Prison (CA)

CALIFORNIA PRISONS RED HOT......

Inmates Injured In Riot At Chino State Prison
    CHINO, Calif. (CBS) ― Several inmates were injured when a riot broke out on Friday morning at Chino State Prison.

According to officials, fighting broke out at 9:15 a.m. at the West Facility Institute For Men on Central Avenue in Chino.

Numerous inmates began fighting in housing units until prison guards took control of the situation. Officials were unclear whether the incidents were racially based, but both Hispanic and white inmates were involved in the fights.

Two inmates were transported to outside hospitals and one had sustained a puncture to the abdomen, according to reports. Ten inmates sustained minor injuries. None of the injuries are reportedly life-threatening.

Officers have full control of the prison, which has since been put on lockdown.
    (© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
    Train Hard!!! Fight Smart

Stay Aware 24-7
    Watch your brothers and sisters backs out there guys.

Forum Member
    Shouldn't the facility already have been on lockdown as a result of yesterday's incident at Tehachapi?
    LAPD

Stay Aware 24-7
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlioz View Post
    Shouldn't the facility already have been on lockdown as a result of yesterday's incident at Tehachapi?
    It is BUT we have bunks on the dayrooms of most housing units due to over crowding (40 inmates free at all time-all races). We also have gyms converted in to living dorms with triple stacked bunks (200+ inmates free at all times). So a legit lock down is not possible at this time.

What they mean by lock down these days is no yard -emergency ducats only-no visiting-critical workers only (culinary)-no canteen-no walking to show cell feeding only.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's Complicated
    Quote Originally Posted by JRODF4 View Post
    It is BUT we have bunks on the dayrooms of most housing units due to over crowding (40 inmates free at all time-all races). We also have gyms converted in to living dorms with triple stacked bunks (200+ inmates free at all times). So a legit lock down is not possible at this time.

What they mean by lock down these days is no yard -emergency ducats only-no visiting-critical workers only (culinary)-no canteen-no walking to show cell feeding only.
    That makes a lot of sense

A legit lock down IS possible......maybe not practical or inexpensive....but it is possible should the administration want it to happen. Its called transportation to a higher level of supervision.
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 04-04-2008 at 06:39 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

It's Complicated
    I just received an email from a friend who works at Calipatra

in a news release the following was stated

"Our foremost concern is for the safety and well-being of our dedicated
    staff," said CDCR Secretary James Tilton. "Our thoughts and prayers are
    with those officers injured today at CCI."
    As a precaution, CDCR has placed every adult prison, community
    correctional facility and conservation camp in California on lockdown
    until it is determined whether or not the attack was an isolated
    incident.

Yea RIGHT
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the pigeon will still crap all over the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I don't know it all, I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little---slamdunc

I have discussed religion and politics over morning coffee with men who have killed people, you don't scare me.

Paco has your back!
    The whole state is already off of lockdown except for CCI. The admin does NOT care about our safety.