Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Border Patrol Agent

Forum Member

I received my BPA NOR via email yesterday. I reused my test score.
    BPA Status
    TSU: 04/24/09
    EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
    Resigned: 10/28/09
    Reapplied: 07/29/11
    NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
    TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
    PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
    Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
    Applied: 06/24/11
    Written: 07/21/11
    NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyFedz View Post
    Yes you would. I EOD today in Laredo. One of the better quotes from today was "you guys know that show Cops? Well we do that everyday, 24hrs a day"
    Ya it will be a lot more fun, much more active on the big stuff.
    I appreciate you think BPA would be better then CBPO for me but I don't know about the whole COPS line they are spitting at you.. I've worked that gig for 3 years and there is a lot of paperwork that comes along with every "cool" thing you do. BPA prob doesn't respond to burglary alarms, domestics, thefts, accidents, robberies, shootings, homicides etc every day. Not trying to be a dick but don't judge your job off of "COPS" or "Border Patrol". Anyone that made a switch from street to BPA PM me got some questions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    And zkostrze, I have seen the Border Wars show on TV. But, my question is according to the show only 10% of illegal immigrants and drugs are seized crossing the border. Is this true? It almost seems like we are fighting a losing battle then.
    Honestly, I could care less about the numbers. Some might consider it a losing battle but just think what it would be like if there were NO BPA's and CBPO's out there doing what they do every day...

I think MadChiken might agree, you're paid to do the job, not complain about whether you're making a difference or not.
    Last edited by zkostrze; 08-25-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    Border Patrol Agent
    Applied - 11/11/2010
    Written Exam - 1/11/2011
    NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
    TSL1 - 5/25/2011
    TSL2 - 6/1/2011
    PFT1 - 6/24/2011
    BI Interview - 7/7/2011
    Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
    Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
    Background Completed - 11/1/2011
    Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Forum Member

post deleted
    Last edited by o2force; 01-01-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Relocation Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by o2force View Post
    As Border Patrol Agent candidate it is important to know that you will be enforcing a socially dividing law and be okay with it.

Morally, it's more simple when you are a normal LEO. Everyone knows murder, rape, robbery, etc. are inherently wrong (malum in se). Illegal immigration, on the other hand, is only wrong by our legal definition (malum prohibitum).
    Yeah, not so much. I have absolutely zero problem hooking up anyone in the US illegally. From the parolee with gang tats to the overstay that's been here for 20 years to the 20 year old college student to the 8 year old child who was left behind when the parents ran away from us.

The problem is no one knows just how bad it really is because the DC doesn't want to release what's really going on and the media refuses to report the few stories that do get out.

Something to think about... How do illegals get IDs, DLs, loans to buy cars or houses, rent apartments, get student loans or financial aid... You can't do most of those without a social security number.

Forum Member

Hello everyone. Just wondering how kids and a wife handle the smaller towns were some agents are stationed. How far away can you live from the border? Is there allot of crime in the cities near the border? The reason I ask is I want to apply, but I am already a cop and I want to find out as much as I can about the job. Any advise would be appreciated!

Forum Member

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum , I have been in the process for quite some time.. In the cass i have checks on everything exept: pre-employment forms, and backround investigation. Yesterday I got an email stating all my pre-employment forms have checked out just needed a copy of my current drivers license. I sent a copy then got an email saying "Thank you, You should hear from the Training and Scheduling unit in the next couple of weeks. Congratulations and good luck!"

Forum Member

Anybody EOD 9/15?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pepe View Post
    I haven't heard of both positions being offered at the same time before. Congrats bro! If you really wanna go back to NYC eventually, I would suggest you to take the CBPO position. Btw, can you put your CBPO timeline.
    I accepted BPA over CBPO, it was a tough last minute decision. Federal Law Enforcement Retirement Coverage (12(d)) was the deal breaker. Anybody have any thoughts on that?

Forum Member
    As Border Patrol Agent candidate it is important to know that you will be enforcing a socially dividing law and be okay with it.

Morally, it's more simple when you are a normal LEO. Everyone knows murder, rape, robbery, etc. are inherently wrong (malum in se). Illegal immigration, on the other hand, is only wrong by our legal definition (malum prohibitum).
    Damn, you're smart! I wonder why Congress didn't consult you before they passed these horrible laws!
    If you're a sympathizer, why don't you go see if ACLU or La Raza is hiring?

Forum Member

Anyone else that took the exam last August/September still in the process?? My BI has been "pending" since April.....
    BPA
    BPA test date: 8/21/10
    TSU: 2/6/12
    EOD: ???

CBPO
    Got the call!
    PFT2: 3/23
    EOD: 4/9
    FLETC: May 11th - Sept 17th, 2012

BB
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kikster59 View Post
    Hello everyone I'm new to the forum , I have been in the process for quite some time.. In the cass i have checks on everything exept: pre-employment forms, and backround investigation. Yesterday I got an email stating all my pre-employment forms have checked out just needed a copy of my current drivers license. I sent a copy then got an email saying "Thank you, You should hear from the Training and Scheduling unit in the next couple of weeks. Congratulations and good luck!"
    Im in a similar situation as you they needed a copy of my drivers license then after i gave it to them i had checks for everthing and then my pre employment forms went back to pending I never got an email but i got a phone call from a lady from the hiring center that told me i should get a letter from tsu in the next few weeks.

BB
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raymart View Post
    Anyone else that took the exam last August/September still in the process?? My BI has been "pending" since April.....
    I took the test back in August and im still in the process just waiting for a letter from tsu right now.

Forum Member
    Just got the call guys. Feels awesome. I was offered Ajo, AZ --- EOD 09/19/2011!!!!!
    Good luck to you guys, see you all out there!!

U.S. Border Patrol
    EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Forum Member

I called IA today and they told me that I am going to be scheduled for poly. Still waiting......
    BPA -
    Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
    TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Forum Member

Congrats Allistar, good luck at the academy...
    BPA

CBPO
    Got the call!

Forum Member
    Congrats Allistar, good luck at the academy...
    Thanks Raymart, I'm going to tell you this, there's no better feeling then to know you have been finally offered a job after such a long and grueling process/wait. You're almost there, you'll see what I mean when you get that Call. From the looks of things, the process has been moving rather fast lately. BTW, have you called IA to check your status??

U.S. Border Patrol
    EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Forum Member

I can't wait to feel the same feeling as well Allistar...

I spoke with IA on Wednesday, and they told me that they are waiting for one more piece of paper before they assign it to someone... Oh well, I take it as more time to prepare!
    BPA

CBPO
    Got the call!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FordMustang View Post
    I appreciate you think BPA would be better then CBPO for me but I don't know about the whole COPS line they are spitting at you.. I've worked that gig for 3 years and there is a lot of paperwork that comes along with every "cool" thing you do. BPA prob doesn't respond to burglary alarms, domestics, thefts, accidents, robberies, shootings, homicides etc every day. Not trying to be a dick but don't judge your job off of "COPS" or "Border Patrol". Anyone that made a switch from street to BPA PM me got some questions.

Ya I hear you. That goes with any LE job, the paperwork. It just happens & ya deal with it. And no the BPA does not respond to "robberies, alarms domestics etc". Thats not their job, its the local PD's.. Every agency has a different LE task.
    I realize it will not always be "crazy & fun" but thats life. Guess its not for everybody, but we'll all eventually find something we love to do, hope you do too.

Forum Member

post deleted
    Last edited by o2force; 01-01-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Forum Member
    Yes Sir. I tested in August of last year and am awaiting the call as well.

Forum Member
    You completely missed my point. I was trying to portray to interested candidates that, unlike a typical local patrol job, you need to believe that what you are doing is just and right. If you don't believe in your cause then you will hate your job. It is this same fractured opinion among citizens that will make some locals love you, while others hate you.

And no, I don't need a job. I am already a PA. I've arrested the sex offender, the drug smuggler, and the gang member. I have also arrested the 14 year old traveling alone, trying to meet up with their parents in the United States. Morally, there is a difference. However, I am a PA and I know how to put it behind me. I believe in the cause, which is why I continue to perform the duties of a PA.

Next time you think you are being clever and witty try using your reading comprehension skills because you might just be making an unsubstantiated accusation once again.
    Well, I agree with you that sympathizers need not apply. And if I had to choose between app'ing the gang banger - meaning I HAD to choose, and couldn't get them both - I'd take the banger. But I can promise you the world's smallest violin will be playing for the 14yo when Wackenhut picks him up.

Last edited by 8USC1229; 08-26-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Forum Member

I'm on the same boat with you took it last August and my BI has been pending in the same time frame as yours, but I did speak with IA and what they told me is that it's apparently going through a 2nd BI which reading from the posts here no one else has gotten and afterwards they will forward to an adjudicator for the final decision.

R6
    Forum Member

took it september...my BI has been pending since late july

Forum Member

I tested last September and everything is checked in CASS except BI. "Pending" and "Your case is in the security office" is what I look at everyday. I called IA about two weeks ago and was told that my case had been forwarded to an adjudicator. Unfortunately, I have no idea how long the adjudication process is going to be. My time line:

Geo Pref: CA
    Written: 09/2010
    NOR: 09/2010
    TSL: 10/2010
    Eqip: 11/2010
    PPA: 03/2011
    Medical: 03/2011
    Drug: 03/2011
    PFT1: 04/2011
    Eqip 2: 04/2011
    BI mtg: 06/05/2011