Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Forum Member

Have you ever been propositioned or offered sex to get out of a ticket/arrest?

I saw this happen to officers on two different shows: COPS and Speeders. Of course, I don't know if the women were just playing because of the camera. I am just curious how often it occurs, if even.

I imagine being "accused of soliciting" happens more often.

Forum Member
    I've been flirted with on many occasions, but never straight-out propositioned. It's usually by drunk females who I've arrested for DUI. They get all kinds of nasty when the flirting doesn't get them out of being arrested.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Forum Member
    Unfortunelty I never get to encounter good looking women who I would want to have flirting with me. Instead it's the 80 lb tweaker, who hasn't showered in 2 weeks, standing there and either gnawing on the inside of her cheek or picking at the scabs all over her body. Lovely job aint it?!

Forum Member
    i was asked if i wanted a b/j for cash once i was leaning on a marked patrol unit with two other officers talking we she asked,,,said she needed money for dope real bad.
    we laughed for days after
    she got 6 months
    All gave some,,, Some gave all...

Bitter Gun Owner
    I'm apparently not good-lookin' enough to be propositioned
    "Well I'd lock him up for what we know he did, and then throw in a few extra years for what he probably did." ~Hank Hill

"Why do you need to carry a gun? There aren't any bad people in this town..."

Forum Member
    Yes, and sometimes after the arrest or ticket.

Rex
    Forum Member
    I have never been straight out propositioned but as mentioned, flirted with. No it does not go to my ego or self image because I know it's because they want out of that ticket or arrest. I avoid bar checks now because I'm sick of the drunkest chick in the bar staggering up and slurring that you got her, or she didn't do it, or asking how big my nightstick is or trying to grab my butt or worse.

Forum Member
    Just out of curiosity, if you have a girl flirt with you about a ticket or proposition you, do you write it down on the ticket that she did so? This would definately not help her if she tried to fight the ticket and the judge saw that on there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze View Post
    Just out of curiosity, if you have a girl flirt with you about a ticket or proposition you, do you write it down on the ticket that she did so? This would definately not help her if she tried to fight the ticket and the judge saw that on there.
    In my narrative I put down everything the driver said... whether it helps or hurts them. (The truth, the whole truth and nothing but blah blah blah).

We have a very large college population in my area... and when anyone pokes out their boobs, or asks if "there's anything they could do?" while batting their eye lashes... it's an automatic ticket.

-Zack

Hell on Wheels
    Oh yes .... quite a few times, and it never once worked out for them.

One really cute freckled faced red headed young college student even removed her skirt and panties and was sitting there in just a sweater when I came back for her signature. She was pretty blatant, I let her repeat her proposition, and then I let her sign the summons as she started crying while trying to cover herself, then I suggested she dress before driving home.

If they think so little of "it" that they are willing to give "it" up over a simple ticket ...
    ... then "it" ain't hardly worth my job.
    Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 03-20-2008 at 06:11 PM.
    "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

I Pleedz the Fizifth
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaque View Post
    In my narrative I put down everything the driver said... whether it helps or hurts them. (The truth, the whole truth and nothing but blah blah blah).

We have a very large college population in my area... and when anyone pokes out their boobs, or asks if "there's anything they could do?" while batting their eye lashes... it's an automatic ticket.

-Zack
    Yeah, hot chicks get enough breaks in life. I write em!

I did have one moderately attractive female offer a bj on the way to jail for DUI. I politely told her that if she shut her mouth right now I would overlook the attempted bribery of an LEO. She was ****ED but then later apologized.

I can only imagine the "Oh my GOD what did I do!" moment she had the next morning when she sobered up.
    Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
    I politely told her that if she shut her mouth right now I would overlook the attempted bribery of an LEO.
    Working a seasonal LE job, I had people attempt to bribe me in various ways to "look the other way" on pretty minor stuff. I reminded them that attempting to bribe an officer was a felony. Their reaction was always priceless - normally along the lines of, "Oh...uh...I didn't say anything!"

Have any of you charged someone with bribery in such a situation?

Banned

I get it frequently when arresting people and I always think back to a story I read out of FL when I get propositioned.

Girl gets caught shoplifitng and blows her way out of it. After she gets home, she tells dad who reports the incident to 911. One mouth swab later, the guys charged and sent to state prison for a whole bunch of years...Nah...not worth it.

Deputy Sheriff
    Happens all the time. It goes right in the report. They feel like idiots when it's testimony time.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Forum Member

Not once. I think it works differently for boys than girls.

Oh no, it's da Po-Po
    Yes, and I very quickly advised the (not very attractive) woman that it would be considered "Bribery" and would add another charge if she repeated it. I think the level of intoxication may have had something to do with it.

I have also been offered money once and also gave that motorist the benefit of the doubt and sent him on his way with a citation instead of the arrest.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Forum Member

I pulled over a (very attractive) woman and why she was speeding, she stated she was hurrying home to masturbate. However, she described a more detailed graphic image and didnt use the word masturbate. I said thats honesty at its best. She then asked me if I wanted to come over when I got off of work. I told her my girlfriend wouldnt appreciate that, she then said well she could come too. Ok ma'am thats enough ill be right back with your citation sit tight.

Bitter Gun Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineSqueeze View Post
    I pulled over a (very attractive) woman and why she was speeding, she stated she was hurrying home to masturbate. However, she described a more detailed graphic image and didnt use the word masturbate. I said thats honesty at its best. She then asked me if I wanted to come over when I got off of work. I told her my girlfriend wouldnt appreciate that, she then said well she could come too. Ok ma'am thats enough ill be right back with your citation sit tight.
    So much for customer service...

"Well I'd lock him up for what we know he did, and then throw in a few extra years for what he probably did." ~Hank Hill

"Why do you need to carry a gun? There aren't any bad people in this town..."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
    Yeah, hot chicks get enough breaks in life. I write em!

I did have one moderately attractive female offer a bj on the way to jail for DUI. I politely told her that if she shut her mouth right now I would overlook the attempted bribery of an LEO. She was ****ED but then later apologized.

I can only imagine the "Oh my GOD what did I do!" moment she had the next morning when she sobered up.
    I love your screen name! Vote Quimby!

"Retired"
    In my younger (and at the time single) days, I was working for a college police department. I wrote a parking citation on a vehicle and the "violator" came into our office to ask that it be voided out (they do stuff like that on college campuses). The violator was extremely attractive, but I told her the cite was good and she'd have to pay it or contest it in court. When she said she'd go out with me if I voided out the ticket, I replied that if she paid for the cite and still wanted to go out she'd have a good enough time that it'd be worth it. She paid the cite and we ended up living together for two and a half years. She was a great girl, it was the only time I made that offer and never regretted it.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSqueeze View Post
    I hope you didn't leave any toys for her to play with whilst you wrote her...I don't think anyone carries enough skel gel for that.

Forum Member

If you ask my wife, the answer is no.

Not to brag, but I get hit on quite a bit. So do alot of guys I work with. We work in a town with TON of bars, which equals lots of drunk females hitting on LEO's.

While I have never been "offered" anything, my phone number has been asked for many times. This is mostly by a girl trying to get out of a ticket and/or arrest.

I don't take this flirting to heart as many of them probably would'nt look at me sober and while I was in street clothes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ten-32 View Post
    I'm apparently not good-lookin' enough to be propositioned
    I feel your pain bro...

Positive Thinker

I normally dont notice when I am being flirted with by some girl. However one day not to long ago this girl actually flirted with me to the point that I was like "holy crap, she is flirting with me". I actually felt uncomfortable and after writing her citation, I turned on my digital recorder because I did not know where this was going to go. I assumed if the flirting didnt work and she got the cite, that she might call the PD and report me for flirting with her.

And as stated, hot chicks always get tickets.

Forum Member

Stop a dancer coming home from work, and very often they flirt, or outright come on to you. I pay it no mind because it's been my observation that these types usually have some type of drug in the vehicle (if I can take the stop that way), and/or are DWI. They flirt with people (and more) as a profession. I ignore it, and yes the rejection generally ****es them off even if they don't get a ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last