Thread: Police Discount

Forum Member

Police Discount

I heard Police get discounts on firearms. How much is the discount usually and what stores would you recommend?

Thanks

Sheepdog
    Quote Originally Posted by southbay369 View Post
    I heard Police get discounts on firearms. How much is the discount usually and what stores would you recommend?

Thanks
    Not a LEO, but I've received Military discounts. As far as stores, most major online stores offer discounts. As far as firearms, contact the company directly (ie. Sig, Glock, HK, etc), they'll hook you up.
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Forum Member
    You just have to check at local gun stores in the area. I'd start calling them and just asking if they give any LEO discounts and how much they are for the particular gun you want. For example, there's a few places in the KC area that give LEO discounts. I got my new Glock 23 for $495 w/ Trigicon night sites. I believe they're a hair more expensive usually.... Just call around I'm sure you'll find a few.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BPD_126 View Post
    You just have to check at local gun stores in the area. I'd start calling them and just asking if they give any LEO discounts and how much they are for the particular gun you want.
    That's what I had to do. And the ones that had discounted weapons for LEO don't give discounts on all of their guns. I think it depends on the gun manufacturer. I got my Glock 26 with night sites for $460. But I would have to pay full price for a S&W at the same place.

Oh no, it's da Po-Po
    To get the best price you usually have to go through a LE Distributor/Dealer.

This is usually just for "Duty" type weapons.

I.E. Glock has their "Blue Lable" guns which are intended for sales to Law Enforcment officers and Agencies.

You may find the odd gunshop here and there that give their own Mil/LEO discounts as well.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Forum Member

Thanks
    In general, most Police Supply stores in your state. Best approach, look up which ever firearm you are interested in then check the "dealers" that are close to you and I mean the one's who go direct with that specific company because they pay the least and can pass the savings on to you at the cheapest price.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Forum Member

I have found that http://gunarama.com/ has a really good deal for Law Enforcement. For the Glock 22/27 LEO prices are 399 and they have outstanding customer service! In addition, they have a LEO specific website that allows you to view the most up-to-date prices (http://gw-le.com).

Good luck!
    "If it's predictable, it's preventable"

Forum Member

LASD area gun stores that give love to LE

Thanks
    Try gunnrunners in Duarte, Proforce in Brea (advertised in the STAR news) LAPRACC at the LAPD academy in Elysian Park, Ammo bros in Norwalk off the 605 fwy. feel free to e-mail if you have any other questions. Turners offers us 10% discount across the board but you can usually find better deals elsewhere. BTW welcome aboard, where are you currently assigned?
    Last edited by buffalo; 02-07-2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Renaissance Man

Some manufacturers also give direct, special pricing for law enforcement officers. (Springfield Armory comes to mind.) I wouldn't consider them "discounts" as much as I would call them "special rates" for members of a specific profession. It's a play on words, but it means something. Most companies employ a "Law Enforcement Sales Representative" and he/she would be your best contact.

Sheepdog
    Quote Originally Posted by LawDog99 View Post
    Some manufacturers also give direct, special pricing for law enforcement officers. (Springfield Armory comes to mind.) I wouldn't consider them "discounts" as much as I would call them "special rates" for members of a specific profession. It's a play on words, but it means something. Most companies employ a "Law Enforcement Sales Representative" and he/she would be your best contact.
    To give an example, I bought a Sig P226 using the military/LE "discount". It cost me $499 plus tax for a P226, trijicon night sights, and three "high capacity" mags.

Definitely check with the individual companies...
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by BPD_126 View Post
    I got my new Glock 23 for $495 w/ Trigicon night sites.
    OMB....?