Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Annoyed, amazed & amused!

What TV commercials are annoying you, today?

I'm resurrecting this thread because I haven't seen the topic discussed in a while...

In the previous thread, I outlined my annoyance with those Charles Schawb commercials where they use some kind of computer program to make cartoon-like images out of living people. It just creeps me out.

But the newest thorn in my side is these Gerber (Baby) Life Insurance company commercials, where the mom says, "Like any good mother, I want to make sure my child is safe..." Hello, it's about life insuarance, it does not make your baby safe. It pays off, if and only when (G-d forbid), your baby dies or is disfigured and only to the tune of $10K. Lucy, 'splain to me, just how does that make your baby any safer?
    "Many times, I have thoughts and feelings which can only be expressed through dance!" - Bender, Futurama

"Ranking right up there with 'No good deed goes unpunished' are:

'Sooner or later, we just might outlive our usefulness to others' and...

'Sometimes it's very possible to push the most loving and loyal person, beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t'"
    - Yours truly

big holes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieth M. View Post
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I haven't seen the topic discussed in a while...

In the previous thread, I outlined my annoyance with those Charles Schawb commercials where they use some kind of computer program to make cartoon-like images out of living people. It just creeps me out.

But the newest thorn in my side is these Gerber (Baby) Life Insurance company commercials, where the mom says, "Like any good mother, I want to make sure my child is safe..." Hello, it's about life insuarance, it does not make your baby safe. It pays off, if and only when (G-d forbid), your baby dies or is disfigured and only to the tune of $10K. Lucy, 'splain to me, just how does that make your baby any safer?

LOL, that one ****es me off too..

the ones i hate are local, so unless yoru from my state, you probably wont knwo what your talking about..

i do hate military commercials where they tell you something like "over 200 jobs in the US Army" then show Rangers jumping into a lake from a blackhawk..lol

"sure kid sign here and youll get to jump out of blackhawks as a finance geek...print here...and thank you.."
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Presence
    I have to agree with you about the Gerber life insurance, AND the ones where they turn people into cartoons. Those are just weird.

my solution to annoying commercials? I don't have cable! I don't even have local tv! I never see commercials, ever! lol...

10-8
    I got two and they are both Toyota commercials.

- The one for the Corolla when the guy pretends to run out of gas and the woman knows that the corolla gets good mileage and wouldn't possibly run out. So she proceeds to laugh in the poor dudes face.

- The next one is where the guy pulls up to his blind dates house and tells her he is outside in his Camry. But because the new Camry is so different she doesn't recognize it and therefore thinks he is lying.

and for those of you with XM radio I have one thing to say "Tell them about the discount Harry"

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
    ARMY USMC USAF NAVY
    USCG

"Watch the hands" - J.D. Buck Savage

Bitter Clinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Presence View Post
    my solution to annoying commercials? I don't have cable!
    LOL! And I thought I was the only one in the U.S. without cable or satellite.

My son couldn't take having nothing but DVDs to watch, so he bought a $9.99 set of rabbit ears at Wal-Mart. He can watch the local ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX stations now, but I don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz1028
    and for those of you with XM radio I have one thing to say "Tell them about the discount Harry"
    Not just XM radio! I get that on the local stations!

Let-Go Phyvoh
    Every single Geico commercial that includes a celebrity to "help" with the customer's account of their experience. It makes me want to punch puppies.

Forum Member

^^^^^ Soooo agree with that!

What about the latest commercial ads regarding American Idol - OMG!!!! If I have to listen to one more of those screeching idiots I will throw the radio out the window!!
    Last edited by INDiver; 01-22-2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Presence
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjamom6 View Post
    LOL! And I thought I was the only one in the U.S. without cable or satellite.

My son couldn't take having nothing but DVDs to watch, so he bought a $9.99 set of rabbit ears at Wal-Mart. He can watch the local ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX stations now, but I don't bother.
    You know, i went to RadioShack and bought a $30 pair of rabbit ears so I could get local channels, but my house is in such a black hole, that didn't work either!! I had to change cell phone providers too...it's strange, because I live in the middle of town, not out in the boonies...It just isn't a good place for reception, apparently!

I am so much more productive than I would be if I had cable. if i had it, the boob tube would just be on all the time, and i'd probably be zombied out in front of it. Every once in a while i'll watch some tv at my parents' house, but for the most part, I really don't miss it. Everything I want to watch comes out on DVD eventually anyway- it's more fun to buy the box set (or rent it) and watch the entire series in a weekend instead of that agonizing wait from week to week...

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jebtcop View Post
    Every single Geico commercial that includes a celebrity to "help" with the customer's account of their experience.

I actually like those commercials. Now the Geico gecko, that would be the one to annoy me.
    In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Let-Go Phyvoh
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro174 View Post
    I actually like those commercials. Now the Geico gecko, that would be the one to annoy me.
    A pox on your first born....

Forum Member
    Anything to do with "Male E.D" or "Female Hygiene" issues. Good grief!

And why have commercials again gotten LOUDER than the shows?

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KapsFB View Post
    Anything to do with "Male E.D" or "Female Hygiene" issues. Good grief!

And why have commercials again gotten LOUDER than the shows?
    OH you are soooooo right!!!! I said the same thing the other night while watching tv!!!! The program it self was normal volumn and the commercials unbelievably loud!

That guy you don't like.
    It's a radio ad for Diet Mountain Dew I think....

I was born in a place called Tamatawattafujhdfjghfjkghdfjghdfjghsiohouighghffdk uwowowowcjcbnjc it's the place that I call home.... and I'll always go back to Tamatawdhfskdfhdkjf- yeah, if you've heard it, you know what I'm talking about.
    LA DEP: Obvious case of suicide.....shot twice in the back of the head with a bolt action rifle....
    CruiserClass: I took a nap today. It was such a great nap I felt the urge to share my nap with the officer.com world. It was that good of a nap.

That's it. Go check other threads were exciting topics are being discussed, this was seriously just about a really comforting and invigorating 35 minute nap. Move along, nothing else to see here, move along.

Cable Guy
    Mine would have to be the Comcast commercial, where the couple is staring out into a blizzard (note: the commercial is usually played during the holidays) and they see a light at the end of their driveway and its getting closer, and then the comcast guy shows up at their door and he says, "Did you folks order comcast cable?" And they reply, "We thought you were not going to show up!!"

You know I hate this commercial and people like this, they are surprised when you show up on a day that THEY scheduled to have someone out to their house! I hear that all the time, "I can't believe you guys work on Sunday..." or "I can't believe that you are working in this snow storm!!" I just want to lok at them and say...."You are right I am going home....."

Presence
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus View Post
    It's a radio ad for Diet Mountain Dew I think....

I was born in a place called Tamatawattafujhdfjghfjkghdfjghdfjghsiohouighghffdk uwowowowcjcbnjc it's the place that I call home.... and I'll always go back to Tamatawdhfskdfhdkjf- yeah, if you've heard it, you know what I'm talking about.
    ROFLOL yes!! I've heard this one, and I didn't even know what it was an ad for, i just know every time I hear it, the stupid jingle gets stuck in my head...i don't even know the words and yet I find myself humming it in my head! Dangit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jebtcop View Post
    Every single Geico commercial that includes a celebrity to "help" with the customer's account of their experience. It makes me want to punch puppies.
    I HATE those!!!

I hate the one where the people keep pulling up to the gas pump in their cars, and the gas tank is on the wrong side. Its trying to show that the car gets SUCH great gas mileage that they SO rarely get gas they forget where the tank is

There are tons more i hate...i turn the channel when many of them come on. I'll have to post later when i think of them. I'm an infomercial junkie...so i can share all about those horrible ones with you, too!!
    Last edited by Jellybean400; 01-22-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Annoyed, amazed & amused!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstangfk View Post
    "sure kid, sign here and you'll get to jump out of blackhawks as a finance geek...print here...and thank you.."
    Hey, that unit exists and it has a motto: "To find the enemy, kill him, and then to audit his books!"
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 01-22-2008 at 05:01 PM.
    "Many times, I have thoughts and feelings which can only be expressed through dance!" - Bender, Futurama

"Ranking right up there with 'No good deed goes unpunished' are:

'Sooner or later, we just might outlive our usefulness to others' and...

'Sometimes it's very possible to push the most loving and loyal person, beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t'"
    - Yours truly

Hoosier and proud :D
    I hate most of em. Some are actually funny, like the Arbys one that shows a young couple sitting on a dock in the moonlight. The girl looks at the guy and says "lets go for a dip!" and takes off running down the dock, stripping, and jumps in. The guy repeats "a dip?", jumps up, and runs to his truck to drive to arbys. The girl surfaces, looks around, puzzled, and asks "Eric?"
    I do love THIS ONE, simply because Im amazed at how body language can influence other people.

I hate all commercials about hygiene products, ED, Victorias secret, car insurance, cable companies, and a lot of food commercials (they make me hungry).

big holes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieth M. View Post
    Hey, that unit exists and it has a motto: "To find the enemy, kill him, and then to audit his books!"

LOL

close..more like..

"To close with then enemy using fire and maneuver and then send him a check with the improper amount"
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Forum Member

I hate the commercials that promote and play Rap/ghetto music. Sadly many of them are from major companies. I have made a vow that I will not buy any product from a company that has a commercial showing rap/ghetto music..

DinoTX
    What TV commercials are annoying you, today?
    Damn near all of them!!!

This Can't Be!
    A red house in a red county in a red state in a red country
    Can we STOP the FRIGGIN impotence commercials? PLEASE?

On the other hand, I can't get enough of the babies laughing hysterically - but I couldn't tell you what the product is - I'm always too busy laughing with the kids!
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

forum member
    McDonalds or whatever with that hip hop rap crap!
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Forum Member
    How about the one where wolf drops into the SUV, eats the bird and spits it out? If you watched football over the last few weeks you probably saw this 13,403 times. If my calculations are correct. I think that song they are all singing. Is the worst song in the history of...........well ever.

Hurley International
    I hate the one that has family members standing on top of a chair thanking the cook for something stupid.
    WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last