Forum Member

do warnings for speeding go on my record?

If you are issued a warning for speeding, does it go into the computer? If asked if I have a good driving record, but I have only been given warnings, am I allowed to say that I do have a good record? If different officers in the same dept give me a warning, and they happen to never talk about it, is there any central database they might use that will tell them that some specific person has received many warnings and will def receive a ticket next time??

Depends on the agency and state. In VT if a written warning is issued, it goes into the statewide computer database for all to have access to, same thing for tickets issued, whether convicted or not I can see them.
    "My give a damn's busted"

Depends on the state/agency.....

With my agency, a warning is just that.....nothing written....your name; age; race ect would be entered into our MDT for tracking (we are required to, to show that we are not doing that evil racial profiling stuff), but that would not show up on a DMV printout.

If I am going to take the time to actually write something, then it will NOT be a warning, it will be a cite

Forum Member
    Not with Alabama Dept of Public Safety.

Forum Member
    How about in NY, NJ, CT or Massachusetts?

Forum Member
    In Connecticut, DMV only records Written Warning tickets for

1) Equipment Violations,
    2) Passing a stopped school bus 14-279,
    3) Possession of alcohol in a MV by Operator under 21. 14-111a-this is the mechanism which starts a license hearing suspension hearing.

If any moving violations are sent to DMV on an Warning Ticket they are thrown away.

Forum Member
    To clarify...

The warning I received was written on a very small piece of paper, about the size of a post-it note. It was clear that it was one of multiple carbon copies of the same written warning, which makes me think one of the other copies will be read and entered into a computer. This was given to me by a NJ State Trooper. If I get pulled over again in NJ, will that warning pop right up on the officer's MDT or will he be informed of it if he calls it in?

the warning had my name, DL number, date and time.

Forum Member
    In New York you either get a witten ticket or a verbal warning. I dont understand the point of a written warning might as well just write a ticket.

how bout Texas?
    Long live the Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee_1 View Post
    In New York you either get a witten ticket or a verbal warning. I dont understand the point of a written warning might as well just write a ticket.
    It's a stat and no (in Texas) it doesn't go on your record.

Documented by the state DMV... No. If the county or city issued the warning, it will be recorded within that department's system only.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtfuzz View Post
    Depends on the agency and state. In VT if a written warning is issued, it goes into the statewide computer database for all to have access to, same thing for tickets issued, whether convicted or not I can see them.
    I'm curious though because when i was pulled over in NY they said i had a clean record (which i don't).

so what else do you know about us? what's my middle name?
    Quote Originally Posted by DEPO View Post
    I'm just wondering hypothetically how much heroin could someone fit in a normal pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by mose1616 View Post
    I'm curious though because when i was pulled over in NY they said i had a clean record (which i don't).

so what else do you know about us? what's my middle name?
    Other states don't always have access to the same information that your own state would, ie. driver's histories. If you have a VT license, anything that is part of your driver's record is known to an officer pulling you over in VT plus any information from the statewide CAD system that is available (ie. crimes, complaints, warnings, etc. you have been involved in).
    "My give a damn's busted"

In my city, all outcomes of traffic stops are recorded on the database, so basically, once you are stopped in HdG, you're in our system.
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.