1. #1
    10-96

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,159

    MTA Police New Contract

    EXISTING BENEFITS:
    All existing health and welfare benefits remain unchanged, and members will not be required to make contributions.

    TERM:
    Agreement is 5 years, 2 months in length commencing 8/15/2006, expiring 10/14/2011.

    WAGES:
    8/15/06 - 3.15%
    8/15/07 - 4%
    8/15/08 - 4%
    8/16/08 - $936.00 adjustment to Salary for all ranks/steps
    10/15/09 - 4%
    10/15/10 - 4%

    All members will receive full retroactive payments.

    New Longevity amounts:

    YEARS 8/15/05(present) 8/15/08 10/15/10

    5 $3,250 $3,710 $4,310

    10 $4,250 $4,710 $5,310

    15 $5,250 $5,710 $7,310

    20 $6,250 $6,710 $8,310

    25 $7,250 $7,710 $9,310


    ANNUITY FUND:
    Increased from $1000 to $1,261 per year 10/15/2010

    In addition, the annuity fund will be researched to see if the contribution can be directly sent to each members Deferred Compensation Account (457 or 401k) on a monthly basis. This will be accomplished by further agreement if necessary. Newly hired employees will not be eligible for Annuity.

    SICK LEAVE/OVERTIME:
    Members who are absent from work on sick leave, except line of duty, will not be permitted to work voluntary overtime during their next scheduled relief days.

    TRAINING TOUR CHANGES:
    The MTA will get 5 additional tour changes, where they can shorten your relief day swing by up to 12 hours for training purposes.

    EMERGENCY SERVICE UNIT:
    ESU shall now receive $3500.00 per year more than the base rate of pay for the applicable rank.

    DETECTIVES:
    Detectives' rate of pay shall be increased from $5200 to $7000.00 per year more than the base rate of pay for the applicable rank. Detectives may be subject to a two week chart.

    FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT:
    The MTA shall offer members the opportunity to participate in the MTA's pre-tax flexible spending account.

    BASE SALARY NOW WILL BE 72,947
    08/15/08 75,864
    10/15/09 78,898
    10/15/10 81,953

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    201
    Where did you get that info? Please post the link.

    Quote Originally Posted by gbotj View Post
    EXISTING BENEFITS:
    All existing health and welfare benefits remain unchanged, and members will not be required to make contributions.

    TERM:
    Agreement is 5 years, 2 months in length commencing 8/15/2006, expiring 10/14/2011.

    WAGES:
    8/15/06 - 3.15%
    8/15/07 - 4%
    8/15/08 - 4%
    8/16/08 - $936.00 adjustment to Salary for all ranks/steps
    10/15/09 - 4%
    10/15/10 - 4%

    All members will receive full retroactive payments.

    New Longevity amounts:

    YEARS 8/15/05(present) 8/15/08 10/15/10

    5 $3,250 $3,710 $4,310

    10 $4,250 $4,710 $5,310

    15 $5,250 $5,710 $7,310

    20 $6,250 $6,710 $8,310

    25 $7,250 $7,710 $9,310


    ANNUITY FUND:
    Increased from $1000 to $1,261 per year 10/15/2010

    In addition, the annuity fund will be researched to see if the contribution can be directly sent to each members Deferred Compensation Account (457 or 401k) on a monthly basis. This will be accomplished by further agreement if necessary. Newly hired employees will not be eligible for Annuity.

    SICK LEAVE/OVERTIME:
    Members who are absent from work on sick leave, except line of duty, will not be permitted to work voluntary overtime during their next scheduled relief days.

    TRAINING TOUR CHANGES:
    The MTA will get 5 additional tour changes, where they can shorten your relief day swing by up to 12 hours for training purposes.

    EMERGENCY SERVICE UNIT:
    ESU shall now receive $3500.00 per year more than the base rate of pay for the applicable rank.

    DETECTIVES:
    Detectives' rate of pay shall be increased from $5200 to $7000.00 per year more than the base rate of pay for the applicable rank. Detectives may be subject to a two week chart.

    FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT:
    The MTA shall offer members the opportunity to participate in the MTA's pre-tax flexible spending account.

    BASE SALARY NOW WILL BE 72,947
    08/15/08 75,864
    10/15/09 78,898
    10/15/10 81,953

  3. #3
    10-96

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,159
    it was sent to me from an MTA PO

  4. #4
    Pekkier
    Guest
    I work for the office of MTA and i didn't even see that memo floating around highly doubt this. because we just sent in 11 recuirts to the NYPD Aca and this summer we'll be sending in another 80.

  5. #5
    10-96

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,159
    I just found out its the tentative contract agreement.

  6. #6
    Pekkier
    Guest
    if this is true, DAM!!! MTA police will get more $$$ then Suffolk? I don't know.. I think it's all hyped up so that people can file for the test so that the MTA can make $$$ on the applicants.

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    131
    Are you saying the base salary is 72,947, meaning entry level from day one? Or is that the top salary?

  8. #8
    10-96

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,159
    top salary is 72,947 as of today.

    A Squad (day tour) will make about 94k with long gev. etc.
    B Squad (late tour) will make about 104k with long gev. etc.

  9. #9
    Pekkier
    Guest
    That might be the starting salary, but that number includes the fringe benefit. so the base is much less. FYI

  10. #10
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    201
    When is the new contract suppose to be finalized?

  11. #11
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekkier View Post
    I work for the office of MTA and i didn't even see that memo floating around highly doubt this. because we just sent in 11 recuirts to the NYPD Aca and this summer we'll be sending in another 80.
    How tough is it to get in? Is it drawn up by lottery?

  12. #12
    Pekkier
    Guest
    They take candidates from there most recent test from the highest to the lowest. And it a lottery process as well. I believe the MTA PD is authorized to hire 700+ this year but they only have about 600+ in the force.
    MTA Officer work alot of OT because they are underman in the force.

  13. #13
    I ♥ my GLOCK
    reils49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NYS
    Posts
    3,287
    What is entry level pay for an MTA cop?
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

  14. #14
    Pekkier
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by reils49 View Post
    What is entry level pay for an MTA cop?
    The starting salary at the current contract is 33k if i'm not mistaken.

  15. #15
    PL165.15-3
    aikido kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tuffalo, NY
    Posts
    529
    WTF!!!

    I know it's down state and the cost of living is way more than where I am but I mean DANG!!

    We can't even get a 3% raise. . .
    "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

  16. #16
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekkier View Post
    if this is true, DAM!!! MTA police will get more $$$ then Suffolk? I don't know.. I think it's all hyped up so that people can file for the test so that the MTA can make $$$ on the applicants.
    Not even close....

    FYI,

    Suffolk county PD Base Salary right now (new contract under neg.) is 98k vs 72k for MTA. That with Holiday, Night Diff, Uniform, Education, Longevity etc. etc. will put the average cop working night shift @ 130k+. If I'm not mistaken, they are the highest paid major department(1000+ officers) in the country. Of course you have the few ritzy locales on LI(Sands Point, Kings Point, E/S Hampton etc.), Weschester(Scarsdale, Larchmont etc.) and Northern NJ(Alpine etc.) which make them look like paupers, but they have the tax base and only a few officers <100 to justify it. It's almost impossible to get those jobs though :-(

  17. #17
    recycled

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New york
    Posts
    412
    Westchester Cty jobs are toping in the 80,000's. Suffolk Cty PD has them all beat. Even Nassau cty PD is in the low 90,000's for top pay.
    retired, NOT retarded

  18. #18
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20

    New Contract

    Anyone have any information if the tentative contract has been approved and if so, what are the details?

  19. #19
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1
    Pekkier or anyone else,
    Any info on the new contract?
    Last edited by Vince23; 04-23-2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling

  20. #20
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    VERMONT
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by winq View Post
    Westchester Cty jobs are toping in the 80,000's. Suffolk Cty PD has them all beat. Even Nassau cty PD is in the low 90,000's for top pay.

    low 90's for top pay but that's after 8 years. And the starting is lower then MTA i'm not sure if this is true or not but does MTA have the most overtime available then most police departments, NYC, NCPD, SCPD

  21. #21
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    VERMONT
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by CLOCKWORK ORANG View Post
    How tough is it to get in? Is it drawn up by lottery?
    To my knowledge is that they basically call everyone who pass the MTA police test. The test that was administer in 02...they did not issue out scores all they said was "Congs...you passed the MTA POLICE exam" Then in 07 i got called for the physical which i failed because of the flexiblity. They offer a 2nd try which i passed and now i am where i am now. But they loose most of the people in the physical Out of the 100 in my class that took the phsycail only about 15 ppl made it to the run. You don't make it to the run unless u pass the pushups...situps....flexiblity. And i know about 7-8 ppl that failed the run. The physical isn't easy nor hard for the people in shape...but it's not something you can pass without training and waking up out of bed and goin to do. It's the Cooper Standard..basically just like the army standard instead of 2 miles it's a mile and a half minus the difference in time plus flexibile portion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Click here to log in or register