Forum Member

Unhappy expired pa inspection

Hi
    In May, I graduated from college and moved into the philadelphia area. Also at that time my inspection expired. I had just started a job where I take the train to work everyday. I have not driven my car in months (the insurance and registration are up to date). Today I had to drive my girlfriend to pick up her car from the mechanic. The trip is less than 2 miles roundtrip and on the way back I was pulled over and given a ticket for expired inspection. Is there any chance I could fight this ticket and win.

thank you

Former Deputy Sheriff

There's probably a chance that you could "fight it and win" -- but then there's also a chance that a 6-foot tall female Swedish supermodel will hit on me at a bar tonight and offer to take me back to her place to properly ring in the New Year!

Seriously, though, a 'state inspection' sticker ticket is probably the easiest one for an officer to write. It either is or is not expired -- not much wiggle room/chance for error -- as with moving violations, radar, etc.

Pay the fine and move on. No points, no insurance hike and no mandatory court appearance for you.

**** {Some friendly advice from a former LEO in another state} ****

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Forum Member

I would say no, You were clearly in violation of the law thhe only way you could win is if you were driving you car to a mechanic to have the car inspected. Do you live in a county that requires emissions? My advice would be for you to just pay the 107.50 and leave it at that. You are not going to hurt your driving record with that conviction. But to answer you question you don't have a good chance of winning. Good luck though
    In God we trust all others we run through NCIC

Bored

Quote Originally Posted by sharpey31 View Post
    I would say no, You were clearly in violation of the law thhe only way you could win is if you were driving you car to a mechanic to have the car inspected. Do you live in a county that requires emissions? My advice would be for you to just pay the 107.50 and leave it at that. You are not going to hurt your driving record with that conviction. But to answer you question you don't have a good chance of winning. Good luck though

Yabbut, he is lucky he got cited last week cause costs just went up $.50

Get the inspection up to date, plead not guilty {do that within 10 days or KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK} and take it to court.
    Ask the judge for leniency and show him the updated inspection.
    I got nothing for now

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by e-man View Post
    Yabbut, he is lucky he got cited last week cause costs just went up $.50

Get the inspection up to date, plead not guilty {do that within 10 days or KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK} and take it to court.
    Ask the judge for leniency and show him the updated inspection.
    Yea I saw that its 33 now. But I agree with you,ask for leniency
    In God we trust all others we run through NCIC

Some Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by flyersfan1 View Post
    Is there any chance I could fight this ticket and win.
    Why would you do that?
    LVMPD:THE BEST

Forum Member
    Get the car inspected YESTERDAY and ask the judge for mercy