Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Forum Member

New York Police Uniform Cap

In thelast two week I have been to NEW YORK, NEW YORK POLICE UNIFORM has given me a very deep impression, especially its uniform cap, it's very cool, I like it, hope my department could issue the uniform cap for us.

Forum Member
    are you talking about NYPD??? meaning New York City Police Department or are you talking about another agency in NY?????

NYPD uniforms can be really nice depending on the person, some officer dress like slobs while on duty.

MY favorite Uniform in NY is NYSP and that's is also my Fav Agency.
    Last edited by John2008; 10-31-2007 at 11:06 AM.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Forum Member

I' m sorry,I talk about new york city police.

Conservator of the Forum
    The NYSP uniform is sharp except for those purple ties. I think navy or a dark grey would have been better.

Forum Member

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Forum Member
    At least the NYSP didn't go the Washington State Police route...they'd be wearing purple BOW ties.

I'm not sure what's to special about the NYPD's uniform caps. They're standard 8-points...they're caps used across the country (even my little PD in Ohio wears em). Besides the NYPD's gigantic elaborate hat badge, I don't see anything different about them.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Forum Member

Thank god our department doesn't make us wear hats. My old department did, nothing ****ed me off more than u bust your hump make an arrest and your boss shows up and first thing he says is "wheres your hat". I dont get the whole "hat" thing.

Forum Member

I agree w/Yankee 1, hats are a pain in the *****. We only have to wear them in Class A's.

*also available in sober
    Quote Originally Posted by heikki View Post
    In thelast two week I have been to NEW YORK, NEW YORK POLICE UNIFORM has given me a very deep impression, especially its uniform cap, it's very cool, I like it, hope my department could issue the uniform cap for us.
    if i could give you mine i would, f that stupid hat.
    -Sean

Forum Member
    Heikki, do a google search for NYPD Highway. They wear the crushed hats from the days of motorcycles (without helmets). Their winter uniforms are sharp- leather coat, motorcycle boots, and britches.
    St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle...

Tmg
    Forum Member

My PD has those hats but we only have to wear them in dress uniform.

I wish we would go back to stetson (cowboy) hats.
    Making the streets safer, one donut at a time

Forum Member
    It looks like those are the "8 point" hats, can't tell. Ours, when I wore a police uniform, were round, like a military cap.

I got so used to wearing a hat in the military that wearing one in uniform didn't bother me much. Lots of people didn't like it, though.

Now, we mostly wear baseball caps. Our dress covers are like NYSP, except dark brown, and not made of felt. It gets HOT down here.
    "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    It looks like those are the "8 point" hats, can't tell. Ours, when I wore a police uniform, were round, like a military cap.

I got so used to wearing a hat in the military that wearing one in uniform didn't bother me much. Lots of people didn't like it, though.

Now, we mostly wear baseball caps. Our dress covers are like NYSP, except dark brown, and not made of felt. It gets HOT down here.
    I like 8 point hat, hope our department could issue that hat and we wear it on the duty.

Forum Member
    just putting a plug for my people in NH...

http://www.nhtroopers.org/photos.html
    "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
    "Treat everyone like a million bucks..But always have a plan to kill them"

forum member
    We have the same type of hat.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE WEARING IT! Becareful what you wish for.

Looking cool and having to wear them all the time is like comparing apples to oranges.

IMHO- they should only be required during class A inspections and funerals.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heikki View Post
    I like 8 point hat, hope our department could issue that hat and we wear it on the duty.

We also called them "Bus Driver caps."
    "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Street Cop
    We wear the round "air force" style here and they dont really bother me were not required to wear them except during formal occassions but I wear mine pretty much everyday. The last 2 agencies I worked for were crazy about the hat thing and they wore campaign hats yeah they look sharp but are a pain to take car of and they are always in the way. Our Chief retired from an agency that was and still is Cap Crazy so hes relaxed about it and as a supervisor I have much bigger things to worry about than did my guy have his hat on especially after I almost lost one last week and might've if he had been putting a hat on instead of drawing his gun.
    "There is no such thing as too much force to soon" Officer Bumper Morgan

Street Cop
    Sorry double posted
    Last edited by ALAnarc308; 12-16-2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Sorry double post
    "There is no such thing as too much force to soon" Officer Bumper Morgan

DENIED!
    I HATE THE HATS!

It serves NO purpose unless you are detailed at a parade/large crowd.

For a foot post/patrol, its a rediculous thing to be required to wear!

Whats your addy? Ill send you mine!

The PO(PPO) on the right still has his academy greys on!
    Last edited by NYCTNT; 12-15-2007 at 03:29 PM.

PL165.15-3
    whats up with that NYPD coppers collar brass, its round...

I showed up for work my first day with my hat, the captain told me to put it away and never take it out unless I am at a funeral or the presidents in town.

personally I kinda like them, it makes me look less identifiable cuz it covers my face more, and you look for authoritative.

I wear it when it's raining...
    "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

DENIED!
    Thats a police academy "collar brass"

PL165.15-3
    ahh. why are they out on the street? is it like an FTO thing?
    "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

BehindBars
    We have that style hat for our class A uniform. On duty we can wear ball caps if we want to, which I do.

Forum Member

That may have been taken during or just before the Times Square New Year's event. They send out the guys in the Academy for the detail.

Too bad those Troopers in the bottom picture have the skell's waist chain WAY too loose.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by deputy x 2 View Post
    We have the same type of hat.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE WEARING IT! Be careful what you wish for.

Looking cool and having to wear them all the time is like comparing apples to oranges.

IMHO- they should only be required during class A inspections and funerals.
    Couldn't have said it better. It's a pain to bounce in and out of the car all night dragging around a hat. Just another piece of gear to reach for and slow you down getting out of the car. If I stand around for an hour or so, it wouldn't be so bad. Our official dress is a Smokey Bear, but they don't enforce it. They finally adopted a specific baseball type hat that's OK to wear, if you are hat inclined. I go commando though.
    I feel sorry for the city guys, they must wear the "bus driver hat" as they call them.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last