Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Vegas CO
    I'm a VEGAS METRO CO (LVMPD), and I just hit my 3rd Year Anniversary this week with the Department, and now my hourly wage is $28.47

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...566625760.html
    Last edited by cyborg009; 11-06-2007 at 11:32 AM.

Works in Waste Management
    NYSDOCS WEBSITE INFORMATION

$ 34,329 - hiring rate

$ 200 - Lump sum paid after eight weeks of training

$ 41,348 - After completion of 26 full bi-weekly payroll periods

Annual salary advancements are based on performance evaluations.

Employees are also eligible for pay raises as negotiated by their certified bargaining agent.

Additional compensation is provided through a pre-shift briefing premium payable each payroll period in addition to base salary. This currently amounts to $66.43 per payroll period.

An inconvenience pay program is in place for evening and night shift employees.

Appointees who work in the five boroughs of New York City or in Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland or Westchester Counties will receive an additional $3,025 annual downstate adjustment. Appointees who work in Dutchess, Orange or Putnam Counties will receive an additional $1,126 annual Mid-Hudson adjustment.

(((We also receive steps for 1st 7 years of career, then you have a 10, 15, 20, and 25 year step. I believe Job Rate is around $57k after 7 years.)))

Fellow NYS bros, help me out if I am missing anything here!!!
    Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by robeans View Post
    Might want to check that out. According to our finance people the most you can make as a CO is 3885, and that includes the extra 5% locality pay.
    Never heard of such a thing. Putting caps on an occupation, thats lame. Whatever thats about I don't think it applies. That's gross total btw.
    Last edited by Flowbee; 11-06-2007 at 04:00 PM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowbee View Post
    Never heard of such a thing. Putting caps on an occupation, thats lame. Whatever thats about I don't think it applies. That's gross total btw.
    Look in the CBA. Take home for me, with no overtime is 2300ish.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khadafi310 View Post
    any NYSDOC officer here? Do you guys get alot of overtime? however, what is the max pay?

CO4NY, was right on the base salary, overtime depends on the jail your at/shift you want to work.. My last jail OT was easy to get on 7-3 shift, but hard to come by on other shifts... My newest jail you can get overtime any shift just about any day you want it..

I now a lot of older officers [20+ yrs] who are gonna be up over 90,000, but thats with lots of ot..

Forum Member

Correctional Service Canada-Fed system in Canada
    start at 50K top out at either 66 or 70 in 5 years,I get 205 days off a year, 15 annual, 15 sick and 40 hours of family related leave. Ot is pretty much whtaever you want.

Big Evil
    Base pay is $15.80 an hour, plus .35 an hour shift diff. And we get roll-call pay, which is really 30 minutes of your base pay for being there 10 minutes early. Which equals to like $17.13 an hour if you add it all up, and thats rookie pay. We get 2 raises a year.
    "Losers give excuses...Winners make it happen"
    1/*

Forum Member

Last edited by jfoote85; 08-25-2011 at 02:59 AM.

LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
    Why bring up this "Let's see how depressed we can make Bowles" thread again?

You guys make me sick!

Now that's outta the way, NC Officers start out around $26,000 per year and top out around $42,000.

My take home is $1,800 per month. My insurance cost me nothing, but to add my wife it would cost me $415.00 per month dropping my take home to a little less than $1,400.

Guess that explains the festering cesspool that is many of the staff of the NC DOC.
    Be sure you're right, then go ahead
    Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
    If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Forum Member

The local jail authority starts at $29k/year and the state DOC starts at $25.9K/year for the prison farm.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bowles View Post
    Why bring up this "Let's see how depressed we can make Bowles" thread again?

You guys make me sick!

Now that's outta the way, NC Officers start out around $26,000 per year and top out around $42,000.

My take home is $1,800 per month. My insurance cost me nothing, but to add my wife it would cost me $415.00 per month dropping my take home to a little less than $1,400.

Guess that explains the festering cesspool that is many of the staff of the NC DOC.
    I'm guessing the cost of living makes up for it. It better, man I would not work in a jail for 26K starting in Western Washington.

JMTX
    Dude, I don't know people survive on salaries like that.

If it ain't 35k or better, I'm not going to bother! And I don't even have many bills...I don't know how people with mortgages survive.

Forum Member

Here in Sonoma County, our top pay is about $35/hr. With all the OT, we had about 25 deputies pull in over $100k. I'm in my 2nd year and I should bring in almost $80k this year. I don't know how we stand compared to other agencies, but I feel like we need a pay raise.

Forum Member

I believe you will find that the best paid Correctional/Detention Officers will be found on either coast. I base this on pay versus their counter-parts working the streets. I say this because coastal states seem to have advanced labor laws including collective bargaining rights (i.e. "Unions").

I have worked in county corrections in both California and now Texas. A deputy's base pay averaged 9% more than his correctional counterpart in the jail back in California (at least where I worked). Where I work now, in Texas, the difference in pay between deputies and detention officers is 50% and climbing every year.

Texas is a "right to work" state. That's another way of saying "Unions: stay out!" Our county commissioners give sizeable pay increases to the peace officer positions and say "you'll take nothing and like it" to the jail officers.

It could be worse: I could be a Texas Department of Criminal Justice (aka: Corrections) officer making $22,000.00 a year to start.

Forum Member
    In Hawaii, I make about 3600 a month without OT. But family medical is 400 a month...and cost of living is high here. OT is around 300 dollars a shift, so working 3 or 4 a month kind of helps.Our Deputy Sheriffs make less than us, with not much OT, and no holiday pay. Oh and there is a one dollar an hour NS diff. for 2nd and 3rd watch.

Forum Member

I'm just starting out, but in NJ pay is as following.

Correction Officer Recruit Salary is $45,548.97

Senior Correction Officer(after 1 year) Salary range is $50,105.29 to $72,136.39

This does not take any OT into consideration.

From what I have heard they are working on a new contract, any current guys should be able to chime in.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by njmb View Post
    I'm just starting out, but in NJ pay is as following.

Correction Officer Recruit Salary is $45,548.97

Senior Correction Officer(after 1 year) Salary range is $50,105.29 to $72,136.39

This does not take any OT into consideration.

From what I have heard they are working on a new contract, any current guys should be able to chime in.
    Yes we are working on a new contract. and if all goes right max officer will be around 84k without the automatic 15min day overtime (2.5 hr week)

on the old contract of 72k max and with a little overtime i have made over 85k also we dont pay for medical.
    Last edited by njco; 01-07-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SOLID BLUE View Post
    Correctional Service Canada-Fed system in Canada
    start at 50K top out at either 66 or 70 in 5 years,I get 205 days off a year, 15 annual, 15 sick and 40 hours of family related leave. Ot is pretty much whtaever you want.

You get 205 days OFF a year?

After 12yrs with NYSDOCS I make 53,380 a year

Forum Member

Jas,

Are you serious? That is all you make after 12 years on the job at NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS?

I did make a mistake I said 53,380 what I meant is 53,320, that is it until I get my fifteen year step or we get a new contract, with this state I don't know which one will come first.

Forum Member

Jas,

When do you think the new contract will come about?

We are due for one right now, but who knows when we will actually sign one. When you get away from NYC 53,320 isn't that bad!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Don951 View Post
    Any paticular pen your interested in? I made sure my choices were a few of the critical needs. The $2400 yearly bonuses for some facilities sound nice!
    The extra money might sound nice but be prepared to stay at that institution for couple of years. Transfers are hard to get in CDCR.

Forum Member
    Jas, I thought job rate was 57K after 7 years. Your in it 12 and make 53K?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last