Page 4 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... Last
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: FBI Police are hiring....

  1. #76
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    60
    Ujocka check your PM

  2. #77
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    south east
    Posts
    339
    Anyone yet recieve the 2nd confirmation of acceptence? I recieved the first one which if I recall will be followed by a 2nd confirmed email I havn't recieved the 2nd one.

  3. #78
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    va
    Posts
    43
    Are you supposed to get one? The email we all received says that you are tentatively scheduled. I just sent a reply email giving him the info he needed and that was it.

  4. #79
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    south east
    Posts
    339
    The e-mail I recieved says a confirmation email will be sent (assuming a 2nd one) unless the original is the confirmation.

    I am also pondering the pt test (push-ups, sit-ups, ect.) says its optional on the web site. Does that mean you don't have to take it and still get hired or if you choose not to take it you are taken out of the process.? I can pass one easily but if I don't have to risk injury I wouldn't do it. My 8 years in I watched 5 people get hurt in such test and one was career ending. Fortunatly for him it was a promotion fit test so he was semi-taken care of.

  5. #80
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    va
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim View Post
    The e-mail I recieved says a confirmation email will be sent (assuming a 2nd one) unless the original is the confirmation.
    oh yah...I see it now haha. Maybe it will be sent out after the deadline to send a reply email.

  6. #81
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Las vegas
    Posts
    202
    I recived an email after I called and set up an apt for the test, i was not sure if I was suppose to send him an email back with all the info, since he asked me all the questions in the email

  7. #82
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    south east
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by oflove13 View Post
    I recived an email after I called and set up an apt for the test, i was not sure if I was suppose to send him an email back with all the info, since he asked me all the questions in the email
    I still followed -up by sending the info requested. Just havn't heard back yet. I awnsered the same questions by phone too.

  8. #83
    6205 days and a wake-up!
    ujocka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA.
    Posts
    407
    The PT test has no bearing on your hiring status. It is not a requirement at all. There will not be any adverse action against those who choose not to take it. At one point it was going to be made mandatory, but that is not in the works any more.

  9. #84
    codese7en
    Guest
    ^^ any particular reason why that is? just curious.

  10. #85
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    south east
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by codese7en View Post
    ^^ any particular reason why that is? just curious.

    They must not be worried about getten 6c or simularity coverage. An established physical fitness standered is usually a requirment for such coverage @ the very least the initial hiring part usually caries that portion others have a once a year program.

  11. #86
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    6
    When is this process going to stat (Dates). I already went to FLETC (GRAD IN AUG 07) and going thru a FED police acdeamy in maryland right know. Will I have to go back to FLETC and if not how will the process work for me.

  12. #87
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    south east
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggkj4 View Post
    When is this process going to stat (Dates). I already went to FLETC (GRAD IN AUG 07) and going thru a FED police acdeamy in maryland right know. Will I have to go back to FLETC and if not how will the process work for me.

    I think only the agency can awnser wether u go back or not. I am currently an 083 graduate from FLETC, and theres noway i'm goin back. I'll stay put first. Even those who had the old school shouldn't have to go back cause i'm sure they have 083 under the old school also so to tell someone there fine and your not wouldn't make any sense. But that would be the U.S. Gov't for ya. However, agencies right now are scrapen for loot so likely those who can get waivers will.

  13. #88
    6205 days and a wake-up!
    ujocka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA.
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim View Post
    They must not be worried about getten 6c or simularity coverage. An established physical fitness standered is usually a requirment for such coverage @ the very least the initial hiring part usually caries that portion others have a once a year program.
    While this is usually the case, there are other statutes in place other than 6c/12d for 20 yr LE retirement. USCP and USSC Police have their own statutes providing them 20 yr retirement. There is a lawsuit pending that is attempting to gain this type of benefit for the FBI Police. The law was already passed offering us equivalent benefits (pay,retirement) to the USSS Uniformed Division, but the FBI Director has not signed off to enact it.

    Little known fact- The FERS LE retirement is acutally 12(d), not 6(c) as most believe it is. 6(c) refers to the few employees left who are still under the old CSRS retirement. Even though it is incorrect, the common nickname for federal LE retirement is 6(c).

  14. #89
    6205 days and a wake-up!
    ujocka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA.
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim View Post
    I think only the agency can awnser wether u go back or not. I am currently an 083 graduate from FLETC, and theres noway i'm goin back. I'll stay put first. Even those who had the old school shouldn't have to go back cause i'm sure they have 083 under the old school also so to tell someone there fine and your not wouldn't make any sense. But that would be the U.S. Gov't for ya. However, agencies right now are scrapen for loot so likely those who can get waivers will.
    I can't speak on individual cases, but the general practice here has been if you graduated from the MBPTP, and/or it has been more than two years since you graduated from FLETC, you will go back for UPTP. Unfortunately there isnt an abbreviated UPTP, so the whole program has to be attended. There have been a few folks who came from other fed LE agencies and had to go back. We had one person who was an FBI Police Officer, switched to a support personnell position for a few years, and then came back to the FBI Police. He had to reattend FLETC all over again. He was in my class.

    If you already graduated from FLETC (UPTP or MBPTP) check with the recruiter I referred you to for a case specific answer.

  15. #90
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    south east
    Posts
    339
    I havn't heard anything new, so I'm assuming i'm good to go so good luck to everyone this weekend.

  16. #91
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    va
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim View Post
    I havn't heard anything new, so I'm assuming i'm good to go so good luck to everyone this weekend.
    same to you. Who else is looking forward to a very long day? 7am until at least 6pm

  17. #92
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    va
    Posts
    43
    so who got a COE? I did! Testing was easier than I thought, but I was still nervous. I'm looking forward to completing the hiring process and going to FLETC.

  18. #93
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Las vegas
    Posts
    202
    I wanted to go but my sup canceled all vacation and off days this week due to a bunch of high profile cases and also shortage of man power. They called me a few days before also to go over my resume with me and got the confermation email. Hopefully they understand and I can get another chance if they do it again

  19. #94
    Forum Member
    jdtoole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    13
    Congrats Mega! My girl did too. She was the short white girl. She'll be moving down from NY once she gets actually hired. She's not looking foreward to the long wait though. Hope that the background check goes quicker than mine did for the Pentagon Police. My buddy says there's a class for FLETC in february but I doubt everything will be done by then.

  20. #95
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    va
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by jdtoole View Post
    Congrats Mega! My girl did too. She was the short white girl. She'll be moving down from NY once she gets actually hired. She's not looking foreward to the long wait though. Hope that the background check goes quicker than mine did for the Pentagon Police. My buddy says there's a class for FLETC in february but I doubt everything will be done by then.
    the BI will most likely not be done by Feb, but we can always hope it will. Oh and I think I remember seeing her, congrats for her making it too!

  21. #96
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    va
    Posts
    43
    I turned in my online paperwork sometime last week and I still haven't got the OK to mail in the signed paperwork. Anybody get the OK to mail in their signed documents yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by ujocka View Post
    Hiring process can be as quick as 3.5 to 4 months (assuming you dont have BI or med issues). I was hired in 4 months.
    I was told that the average BI takes 9 months and at the quickest, it would be 6 months. But I guess I'll find out for myself soon.

  22. #97
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    44
    Does anyone know if there will be another orientation session in the near future?

  23. #98
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    32
    I'd like to know the same thing. I pmed ujocka asking for any info.

  24. #99
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    131
    Do FBI Police give any credit towards retirement for military service? Civilian federal jobs allow you to buy credit. Does LE retirement work the same? Also I other federal LE jobs have a 37 year old age limit. Does FBI not have that?

  25. #100
    6205 days and a wake-up!
    ujocka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA.
    Posts
    407
    You can buy back your active duty military time towards federal retirement. It will also qualify you to earn more annual leave (vacation time) per pay period. There is no age cutoff for the FBI Police (yet). It may change in the future, as there is a lawsuit pending to give us 20 yr retirement, which would come with a 37 yr age limit for hiring.

Page 4 of 15 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Click here to log in or register