Like Tree5636Likes

Thread: NYCDOC academy class

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nycHopeful View Post
    I know it says not to take the train. I was planning on taking the bus or a cab.
    Yeah the M train acts up sometimes Lol
    NYPD Exam
    Exam: 8051

NYC Corrections
    Exam:3300

Baltimore City PD
    In the process..

And a few other exams...

NYPD Aux.

Forum Member
    M train to metropolitan avenue
    NYPD Exam

NYC Corrections

Baltimore City PD
    In the process..

And a few other exams...

NYPD Aux.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maza849 View Post
    They said that I was rude to customer and co workers at my previous job which it was a lie never had a write up or a supervisor bring it to my attention.I was terminated for a arguement with a co worker outside of work in the parking lot .
    Are you sure there isnt anything else to this? Being rude put you on DQ list?

I know someone who graduated in the last class and he told me that someone in his class got hired with a DUI in his past.

Weird.
    NYPD Exam

NYC Corrections

Baltimore City PD
    In the process..

And a few other exams...

NYPD Aux.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nine.valverde83 View Post
    Same here no job to go back to plus 2 kids to support! I'm thug going it out! My kids need to eat and a teenage daughter is NOT cheap!!!
    Thats my mentality I just turned 22 yesterday and no way in hell im going back to delivering pizza. It gets better everyday and being that you're a female at least u probably won't end up in grvc. Think positive always as much as I hate grvc its making me a good officer everyday. Enjoy the academy it is a blast be on time and dont call out. The job does get better. Are we clear on that?
    Rookie Correction Officer

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake12 View Post
    Thats my mentality I just turned 22 yesterday and no way in hell im going back to delivering pizza. It gets better everyday and being that you're a female at least u probably won't end up in grvc. Think positive always as much as I hate grvc its making me a good officer everyday. Enjoy the academy it is a blast be on time and dont call out. The job does get better. Are we clear on that?
    Happy Birthday Solid Snake 12! Lol
    Solid Snake12 and MsNYPD83 like this.
    NYPD Exam

NYC Corrections

Baltimore City PD
    In the process..

And a few other exams...

NYPD Aux.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Manning View Post
    Are you sure there isnt anything else to this? Being rude put you on DQ list?

I know someone who graduated in the last class and he told me that someone in his class got hired with a DUI in his past.

Weird.
    I know I read about the person with a DUI, but yea the letter stated that .

Forum Member
    That's crazy, just doesnt make sense.

Where did you read about that person? On this forum or elsewhere? PM me if you'd like. I couldn't believe it when my buddy told me about that person. You get a DUI and could have possibly killed someone because you couldnt control yourself but then you get hired as a LEO BUT they won't hire you because of an accident?

Perhaps there are things i dont know of. But on paper this doesn't make sense.
    NYPD Exam

NYC Corrections

Baltimore City PD
    In the process..

And a few other exams...

NYPD Aux.

Forum Member

You can call out?

Forum Member

For those of you going in to the academy, be at least a half an hour early, don't call out sick, and do what your there for and that's to learn about the job. Take it seriously because when the bell rings on your very first day jailing, your going to wish you were still in the academy, believe me what I'm saying. This is a serious type job and I advise you to take it seriously. I'm coming off probation this December and I can't wait. It's been a hell of a two years. Remember this, just because your in the academy does not mean your in. It's just the beginning. There are exams you have to pass like deadly physical force, peace officer, mid terms, finals, CPR, etc...... Take the academy serious because if you fail any of those exams twice, they will fire you and walk you out themselves so just because your in the academy does not mean you have the job and if you pass the exams, still does not mean you have the job because don't forget your on probation for two whole years. Just keep that in mind and always do what your suppose to do and that's study and stay out of trouble. Always stay out of trouble because you will get fired if you get caught drinking and driving or any other laws that are broken. Remember we are Law Enforcement and we suppose to uphold the Law.

Forum Member

To this going in the academy and always remember this, your not civilians anymore. Your a different breed now. Your Blue and society will look at you differently. Always conduct yourself professional because they are watching, believe me they are. Don't be corrupt because as you know, CO do get arrested so don't be that guy or woman because it is truly embarrassing to you, your family, and the Dept. I said this all along, if you think your going to be corrupt, then this job is not for you. The Dept. does not need you and you will get busted and the Dept. will arrest you and embarrass you in front of all the CO. I've seen it done so don't think your going to come in here and do your dirt and think your going to get away with it because your not. We don't need you if your going to be corrupt. WE NEED GOOD OFFICERS IN THIS DEPT.

Forum Member

Apalicea thanks for the encouragement. Been waiting for this day for a long time!!! Cant wait for tomorrow, im probably not going to sleep much tonight haha. See everyone in the morning!!!!
    nycHopeful and Roadmaster718 like this.
    NYC'S BOLDEST

Forum Member

That's crazy, just doesnt make sense.

Where did you read about that person? On this forum or elsewhere? PM me if you'd like. I couldn't believe it when my buddy told me about that person. You get a DUI and could have possibly killed someone because you couldnt control yourself but then you get hired as a LEO BUT they won't hire you because of an accident?

Perhaps there are things i dont know of. But on paper this doesn't make sense.
    Yea that alone isn't a dq. Must be some other things we don't know about. People who have been arrested get on I doubt being rude alone would keep someone out.
    The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fabolous084 View Post
    Yea that alone isn't a dq. Must be some other things we don't know about. People who have been arrested get on I doubt being rude alone would keep someone out.
    I have 2 arrest (all for minor things) and I'll be in there tomorrow. Being rude couldn't keep you out unless you didn't tell them before hand and they had to find out on their own.
    fabolous084 and BKAnthem like this.
    Exam: 1301
    Orientation: Done
    Med: Passed
    Oral: Passed
    Written: Passed
    Agility: Passed
    Meet with Investigator
    PE: Done!
    Academy Sept 26!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nine.valverde83 View Post
    I have 2 arrest (all for minor things) and I'll be in there tomorrow. Being rude couldn't keep you out unless you didn't tell them before hand and they had to find out on their own.
    It has to be something more then being rude and even then if u were. Rude and didn't tell them I would think they would ask you to explain it....I was dq by nypd back in 2004 I told doc about it and I still got hired ...granted I did nypd process again in 2011 and passed 2 oral psych's but they could've still not hired me but they did
    Guys..."does that make sense?"

Forum Member

Thanks for the info apalicea.

See you guys in the morning!!
    Exam: 1301 - 2010
    Academy start date: 9/26/13 yay!!

jc3
    Forum Member

Everyone starting the new class......wishing the best for each and everyone one of you. Stay strong and remain focus.
    nycHopeful and BKAnthem like this.

Forum Member
    Dry run academy tonight good thing I did suit laid out last day worked my job...lets go
    NYPD Exam 1302
    Medical done
    Written psych done
    Oral psych done
    Jst 1st done
    Meet investigator various times done
    background in process
    Mini-med done
    Awaiting second round

NYDOC Exam 1301
    Process finish

Forum Member

Good luck to all those starting the academy tomorrow and welcome to the LE family..
    nycHopeful and BKAnthem like this.
    The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Forum Member

Good luck to all hopefully we be next
    nycHopeful likes this.

Forum Member
    Good luck to all who are starting the academy!
    nycHopeful likes this.
    NYPD Exam

NYC Corrections

Baltimore City PD
    In the process..

And a few other exams...

NYPD Aux.

Forum Member
    Guys does that make sense? Mannn I miss the academy. Please savor every minute that place is so much fun and easy. Different from jail. You will have good laughs. Are we clear on that? Pt front and center!!
    FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicity4 View Post
    Guys does that make sense? Mannn I miss the academy. Please savor every minute that place is so much fun and easy. Different from jail. You will have good laughs. Are we clear on that? Pt front and center!!
    the pt in correction is easy and if anyone is thinking about going to PD, if you cant stand the PT in corrections you wont survive in PD. so work out be strong minded and don't let the inmates get to you when you graduate. its a big department, lots of vacancies and chances to move around. theres no set way to perform your duties when you graduate, build up your own style and if it doesn't work adapt and change to make it work. The job is how you make it.

Forum Member
    Twisted, did you gotake the PD exam yet? Did you end up signing up for the NYSP exam?
    NYPD Exam

NYC Corrections

Baltimore City PD
    In the process..

And a few other exams...

NYPD Aux.

Forum Member

Twisted, did you gotake the PD exam yet? Did you end up signing up for the NYSP exam?
    yep took it and im waiting took papd and nypd so the time counts for NYPD not sure about PAPD but hey its PAPD who wouldn't mind doing 20 years there

Forum Member

Anybody for the expedited processing on 10/19 and 10/20? And congratulations for everyone starting the academy