Page 288 of 740 First ... 188 238 278 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 298 338 388 ... Last
Like Tree5524Likes

Thread: NYCDOC academy class

Forum Member

how often are assaults against officers?

Forum Member

when do you have to carry a hand gun a CO?

C.O
    Forum Member

Did anyone see the graduation ceremony on youtube?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Concetto08 View Post
    *** anyone here waiting for a call get a call for pre employment?
    Yup I I'm

Forum Member

hey guys just an update....

Exam Number: 8325
    Walk-In: 04/2009
    Letter: 03/10/2012
    Orientation:04/11/2012
    Medical: 05/03/2012

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by raja45 View Post
    hey guys just an update....

Exam Number: 8325
    Walk-In: 04/2009
    Letter: 03/10/2012
    Orientation:04/11/2012
    Medical: 05/03/2012
    Wow you left orientation today and they told you when your medical will be already? They are really gettingmore efficient. At our orientation they said "We will contact you and let you know when your medical is" This makes more sense.

Forum Member

Is next week for april 18 and 19 that last day to be notified if your going in this academy or not? pre employment?

Forum Member

Is next week for april 18 and 19 that last day to be notified if your going in this academy or not? pre employment?
    No it's not they will be doing PE up until about the 24th.

Concetto, do you contact your investigator at all with these questions? They are in the best position to let you know what's going on as far as you are concerned as well as what PE dates remain.

TLD
    Forum Member
    3 p-e dates down and 3 more to go.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonrock View Post
    when do you have to carry a hand gun a CO?
    Certain security post and hospital runs
    The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by C.O View Post
    This is my life-a Correction Officer's day!!! We wish you knew how we feel when we walk though those gates and hear them lock behind us. How we feel when walking up a corridor, not knowing how many fights there will be that day. Maybe a stabbing, someone getting sliced by a razor, someone drunk from homemade alcohol, or high from drugs smuggled in. Will there be a staff assault today? Watching the inmate's movements, plus watching out for other co-workers, like a nurse walking throught the block, a counselor or unit manager, a coach or minister, a secretary, a librarian, or someone from the front office...they walk throught not realizing how many inmates are watching them, wondering how they could do them harm. WE try to have their backs at all times. We work hoildays, weekend and through most of our family functions. We come to work sick, so we can save our days to spend with our kids. Stress levels can run high, but we're pros at hiding it. We don't bring our problems at home into work,,,,no time for that crap. We don't make friends as Correction Officers. When at work... we add to our family. We are like brothers.. and sisters.. arguments here and there, but in the end, just like a family we have each other's backs. As a Correction Officer, one tries to keep the community safe from any escapes. As a Correction Officer, we try to keep each other safe. Even protecting inmates from inmates; it happens all the time. You never hear anything about our jobs, but it's time... if you are a Correction Officer, a family member of one, a friend of one or just know of one... re-post this in hopes of them coming home safe every day for their families.

Forum Member

@C.O very well said, nobody knows anything about us as CO. It can be a stressful job and a demanding job too. You said it right on. Stay safe and God Bless.

Forum Member

Yes even though I graduated already but I still post up in here. My very first day at work was very nervous and scared but it went very well. It was a beautiful first day so far as a matter of fact my first week has been ok so far. Yesterday was very busy because I had a TC of 58 inmates with a lot of movement going at the same time so my count was a little screwed up but I got it right which was good. Yesterday I was upset because the inmates disrespected me by smoking pot in the housing area. I was so upset because I didn't catch them and I couldn't do anything about it. It happen sooooo fast that no words can't describe it. I told them they had had two minutes to clear this smell out because if they didn't clear the smell, I will shut the house down completely which means there will be no T.V and no phones and no one in the dayroom either. They cleared it alright. To all new recruits going in, this is what you will have to go through and it could be worse. BE READY AND BE ON POINT AND TAKE THIS JOB SERIOUSLY. IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT IT, DON'T GET SWORN IN. THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU. I SEE A LOT OF PAST POSTS IN HERE LIKE IFBTHE VIOLENCE IN JAILS ARE UP. GUYS THIS IS JAIL, VIOLENCE IS NOT UP BUT IT CAN HAPPEN ANY TIME. YOU HAVE TO PREPARE YOURSELF FOR ANYTHING. YOU HAVE TO HAVE TOUGH SKIN FOR THIS JOB. IS IT A TIGHT GROUP OF OFFICERS ON THE JOB? YES WE ARE A TIGHT FAMILY IN DOC BELIEVE ME WE ARE LIKE BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND WE WORK TOGETHER IN DOC AND IF SOMETHING WAS TO POP OFF IN YOUR HOUSING AREA, THEY WILL BE THERE FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT. DONT BE SCARED BECAUSE IF YOU ARE, THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU.

Forum Member

@apalacea Pot? How the hell did they get pot in there? cigarettes is one thing but pot? Don't you have to report that? Isn't there a breakdown in the security somewhere if pot is getting in? How do y ou know they don't have more stashed and will smoke it again? No search of everybody? Or is Pot no big deal and I am over reacting?

Where are you on the wheel now?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYCDOC4ME View Post
    No it's not they will be doing PE up until about the 24th.

Concetto, do you contact your investigator at all with these questions? They are in the best position to let you know what's going on as far as you are concerned as well as what PE dates remain.
    i did contact my invest. and she said out of her hands.. its being reviewed for final appoveral? i would have to wait and see? so that why wondering for all these p/e dates? its coming fast for the academy?

Forum Member

i did contact my invest. and she said out of her hands.. its being reviewed for final appoveral? i would have to wait and see? so that why wondering for all these p/e dates? its coming fast for the academy?
    Concetto u still have time ....im pretty sure u will b called u just gotta b patient like we all have. Good thing is ur case has been submitted to b signed off . Once we hit the academy things r gonna take off so quick time will fly.Lol . I hope ur nxt post states " I got the call" so u can finally breathe.

Forum Member

exam 8325
    letter 3/18/12
    orientation 04/11/12
    medical 05/03/12

moving smooth so far wish me well

Forum Member
    can anyone say what the deal is with the investigation process... is it long or a pain? and do they nit pick on every single detail?

TLD
    Forum Member
    .................................................. .............................
    Last edited by TLD; 05-06-2012 at 07:44 PM.

C.O
    Forum Member

[QUOTE=apalicea2918;3032258]@C.O very well said, nobody knows anything about us as CO. It can be a stressful job and a demanding job too. You said it right on. Stay safe and God Bless.[/
    Along with being Correction Officers we have to be Police Officers, Firefighters and Ems and you can add a few more things to that list. Be safe and God bless

TLD
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad Zimmerman's been arrested.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apalicea2918 View Post
    Yes even though I graduated already but I still post up in here. My very first day at work was very nervous and scared but it went very well. It was a beautiful first day so far as a matter of fact my first week has been ok so far. Yesterday was very busy because I had a TC of 58 inmates with a lot of movement going at the same time so my count was a little screwed up but I got it right which was good. Yesterday I was upset because the inmates disrespected me by smoking pot in the housing area. I was so upset because I didn't catch them and I couldn't do anything about it. It happen sooooo fast that no words can't describe it. I told them they had had two minutes to clear this smell out because if they didn't clear the smell, I will shut the house down completely which means there will be no T.V and no phones and no one in the dayroom either. They cleared it alright. To all new recruits going in, this is what you will have to go through and it could be worse. BE READY AND BE ON POINT AND TAKE THIS JOB SERIOUSLY. IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT IT, DON'T GET SWORN IN. THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU. I SEE A LOT OF PAST POSTS IN HERE LIKE IFBTHE VIOLENCE IN JAILS ARE UP. GUYS THIS IS JAIL, VIOLENCE IS NOT UP BUT IT CAN HAPPEN ANY TIME. YOU HAVE TO PREPARE YOURSELF FOR ANYTHING. YOU HAVE TO HAVE TOUGH SKIN FOR THIS JOB. IS IT A TIGHT GROUP OF OFFICERS ON THE JOB? YES WE ARE A TIGHT FAMILY IN DOC BELIEVE ME WE ARE LIKE BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND WE WORK TOGETHER IN DOC AND IF SOMETHING WAS TO POP OFF IN YOUR HOUSING AREA, THEY WILL BE THERE FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT. DONT BE SCARED BECAUSE IF YOU ARE, THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU.

If you're getting all worked up over pot now you're gonna have a long 20 years or whatever it is now. It's jail they are there because they broke the rules, try not to take it so personal and handle your business. Lastly don't tell people DOC is a tight family because that's one thing its not. Most people on the job will say inmates don't make the job hard your co workers do... It's like high school all over again so get ready...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYCDOC4ME View Post
    @apalacea Pot? How the hell did they get pot in there? cigarettes is one thing but pot? Don't you have to report that? Isn't there a breakdown in the security somewhere if pot is getting in? How do y ou know they don't have more stashed and will smoke it again? No search of everybody? Or is Pot no big deal and I am over reacting?

Where are you on the wheel now?
    lol pot is light... Any drug you can think of gets in jail.. How you say? Inmate visits and corrupt staff..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fabolous084 View Post
    If you're getting all worked up over pot now you're gonna have a long 20 years or whatever it is now. It's jail they are there because they broke the rules, try not to take it so personal and handle your business. Lastly don't tell people DOC is a tight family because that's one thing its not. Most people on the job will say inmates don't make the job hard your co workers do... It's like high school all over again so get ready...
    Thank God someone with something meaningful to say. Couldnt help but to reply to this post when i said i wouldnt on my first. High school it is this upcoming academy. Not looking forward to it! huge age difference and maturity levels on this forum. Not the crowd I'd feel safe having my back.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fabolous084 View Post
    lol pot is light... Any drug you can think of gets in jail.. How you say? Inmate visits and corrupt staff..
    Wow ok thanks for the heads up. How would you have responded the same way?

Page 288 of 740 First ... 188 238 278 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 298 338 388 ... Last