Thread: Pembina tribe

Forum Member

Pembina tribe

I recently was at stop with a subject who claimed to be a member of the Pembina nation. He had a phony looking id card, registration and also a cardboard plate. When we ran the information nothing came back about the plate or d.l. has anybody ever ran into these individuals? They seem to me almost like Posse Comitatus. he did not want to cooperate and said that we kidnapped him when we took him into custody.

Forum Member
    Southern Kalifornia (Peoples' Republic of)
    I believe the Pembina Band of Indians is one of those "We accept anyone who wants to be a member into our tribe" tribes that is favored by the anti-government, we-won't-pay-no-taxes, Patriot movement types.

EDJ
    "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Forum Member
    Google says that the Pembina nation issues plates, but that they aren't recognized: http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/usa/AI_NDLS.html

The Pembina were never recognized by the Bureau of Indian Affairs. In current times they are extremists who are trying to make their tax-evasion sound legit and noble.
    http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/Litt...m=little_shell

and
    http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/SCM....ked=4&item=sov

I recently saw a "Soverign Citizen" license plate and would have loved to make the stop but was on the way to an in-progress run and couldn't divert.

Forum Member

Pembina Tribe

Note of caution concerning these folks. When dealing with them, stay on your toes, and don't take your eyes off them. There is a more than an average possibility they can represent a danger to an Officer.

Forum Member
    I've never specifically delt with the Pembina Tribe, but there are quite a few Sovereign Citizens in my area of Ohio and across the boader in Indiana.

We'll cross paths with these folks every once in awhile, and PhilipCal is absolutely right...watch them closely. If they hold to the average Sovereign Citizen beliefs, they're very anti-government and will not comply with orders by officers. The more extreme of them will not hesitate to use violence against LEO's.

They can also become a royal pain in the rear if they think that an officer or agency is "targeting" them, filing bogus liens against individual officers' properties, serving them with "subpeonas" for their kangaroo courts, and even going so far as to file false tax returns in officers' names that would result in tax audits and even freezing of assets by the IRS while they investigate what appears to be an attempt to filch on taxes.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Forum Member

Thanks for the info, it will help in the future when dealing with these guys. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up when i dealt with this guy so definitely use 10-0 when dealing with them.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andy3940 View Post
    Thanks for the info, it will help in the future when dealing with these guys. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up when i dealt with this guy so definitely use 10-0 when dealing with them.
    May want to steer clear of 10 codes as they mean different things in different agencies. As an example, you just recommended I use a corpse when dealing with them.
    Last edited by CruiserClass; 08-07-2007 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo

An Obvious problem
    Quote Originally Posted by CruiserClass View Post
    May want to steer clear of 10 codes as they mean different things in different agencies. As an example, you just recommended I use a corpse when dealing with them.

Hey that might not be a bad idea, as long as they provide the corpse....
    Today's Quote:

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."

Ronald Reagan