Forum Member

Went to my Psych Interview for NYSDOC...

Well I am here to update. I went to the big interview everyone told me about ...jeezz lol I waited that was true but I was questioned for almost an hr lol. I was very calm didnt look nervous at all. since I know the deal about docs and when you look nervous means you are hiding something. well He asked me who I owe money too companies etc.. I said what I could remember like student loans etc.. but he asked me how much I dont know exact amount since I didnt have my credit history with me.
    Also asked me what have I done illegally and I said nothing at all he sai du sure nothing at all?? im like yes nothing i mean jay walking maybe crossing the street thats all.
    Then well asked me about my son father since he was an inmate in feds. He asked me if I get child support I said no..and he said really why not? I responded by saying I am tryin to give him an aopportunity to get his life together since the man has 4 months ut only after 7 yrs. Well one thing I said was I am a strong minded person. WOW didnt think it will take so long but he asked me so much lol was a long day...soo yeahh thanks everyone for the advice. I stayed focused in all his questions and answered them promptly after he asked them. Looked at him directly in the eyes and no movements of my hands lol.

QUESTION
    So do I get notified if I didnt pass before I even head up to the med and agility exam in alabny?? or what happens if I passed do they notify you before also??
    Last edited by drJade; 08-03-2007 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Needed to ask a question on the post

Forum Member

you had your oral psych interview before the agility?

NYS CO

yeah we all had the physh before the agility....ur one was an hour long? thats hard to beleive i was in an out in 10 min...and so were the people head of me...anyways good luck too u...keep us updated...u dont not get a letter if u passed how ever u do get a letter if u fail....u wont know if u passed or failed most likely after ur interview with the BI...my friend who failed the physh got his letter after his meeting with his BI...

Forum Member

yeah it was like an hr or so I went in at 330pm and came out at 420 something . I mean he was mostly going through my exam wasnt alot of questions he had about my test questions. Oh so after I shall know okay..well will the BI tell u or u receive a letter fter u see ur BI? I really hope I passed I mean I Guess it took longer with me snce I know people who are incarcerated and well my son father was in fed prison so he asked alot about that. And also since I Went to diff colleges he aslo asked me why etc..but yeah I hope I did well.

God Bless Texas
    I failed my Corrections Psych Exam... so they made me a Supervisor
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Forum Member

wow really so did they tell u why you failed?

God Bless Texas
    It was a joke
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Forum Member

LOL i figured im like huh?? how is that possible lol good one

Forum Member

it seems that quite a few of the folks that took the april test had not gone for the oral psych yet when they met their BI's.there were a lot of sept 06 tests that had not met a BI yet when i went to take my written psych

Forum Member

I took the exam I believe sept 06 too but I didnt get my two appt they end me for the psych exams o it was my third tme thank god I calld..since I had moved but I forward my mail to new addy but I didnt catch on that the government mail cant get forward. so yeah I wouldve been done the process already but hey its okay Im glad i got the chance now ;o)