Texan for Life

Texas License Plate Question

Ok, I recently received my amateur radio operator plates. They have my callsign on them, KD5HQD.

My question is, let's just assume that because there are so many cars in Texas, that somewhere there is a car with the license plates KD5 HQD. So, how would you distinguish the two when running them? Is there a place on the computer to enter in a continuous letter/number combo (i.e. KD5HQD) as opposed to one with the split (i.e. KD5 HQD)? Or would you be able to enter in the information that it is an amteur radio plate (it says radio operator under Texas)? Thanks in advance for answers.

Kyle

Corporal
    Not sure about Texas, but in Maryland there wouldnt be another plate with those characters in the same sequence. Maryland has certain types of license plates with designations. For example, Your amateur radio tags would be prefixed by an A R O in some way or another.

Servo Vita ~ 2049

Quote Originally Posted by tex937
    Ok, I recently received my amateur radio operator plates. They have my callsign on them, KD5HQD.

My question is, let's just assume that because there are so many cars in Texas, that somewhere there is a car with the license plates KD5 HQD. So, how would you distinguish the two when running them? Is there a place on the computer to enter in a continuous letter/number combo (i.e. KD5HQD) as opposed to one with the split (i.e. KD5 HQD)? Or would you be able to enter in the information that it is an amteur radio plate (it says radio operator under Texas)? Thanks in advance for answers.

Kyle
    That plate format (letter to number ratio) does not conform to the standard isssue plates. It will be unique to a radio operator.

Forum Member
    in texas, my plate went letter-number-number-letter-letter-letter and all emergency plates ( amatuer radio)are letter-letter-number-letter-letter-letter. i have yet to see a state with matching sequence