F.N.G.

Question Range shooting without FOID card?

If I go to the range with someone who doesn't have their FOID card yet can they shoot or do they have to have their own card?

Forum Member

Some ranges will allow you to do that if you take responsibility for their actions. Most ranges I've been to allow this. Of course, you're careful in who you bring. But one rule they have is that the person be 18+

If you are an instructor and you have your credentials, you can bring people who do not have a FOID. I would say that most ranges would allow that. Afterall, they might be able to entice a new shooter by first getting their FOID and possibly making a future customer.

F.N.G.

ya...my buddy and I have our cards, but his girlfriend wants to come too. She just applied for her card and hasn't received it yet and we were going to go next weekend.

Forum Member

Always look up and read the law. It does no good to ask someone else, particularly on the internet. If you happen to get the wrong information you're in hot water with no defense.
    430 ILCS 65/
    http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs...on+Card+Act%2E

F.N.G.

Quote Originally Posted by ISPCAPT
    Always look up and read the law. It does no good to ask someone else, particularly on the internet. If you happen to get the wrong information you're in hot water with no defense.
    430 ILCS 65/
    http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs...on+Card+Act%2E

Thanks...This is exactly what I was looking for. Tried searching but couldn't find the right page. Definitely gonna bookmark the sight for future use.