Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

glock discount question

I was told by a police supply store that the manufacturer(glock) offers a discount to leo's which is significant price reduction. Anybody have any info pertaining to this. I appreciate the help.

The Glock 22 MSRP is around $615 or so. With the LE discount, I beleive that it would sell for somewhere just over $400. I would consider that a good discount. I will try and find a link to the info for you.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dumont
    I was told by a police supply store that the manufacturer(glock) offers a discount to leo's which is significant price reduction. Anybody have any info pertaining to this. I appreciate the help.

Dept. price will be lower than officer price.Have your Dept. purchase it and have it taken out of your pay.
    FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

There is a place in Kansas that has the cheapest Glock prices. (mm and .40 are 398.20 I'm pretty sure. OMBEXPRESS, they have a website. Technically you can't get dept price, it is the federal excise tax, that's federal trouble if they get caught. Shipping is usually 3-5 days, check for sure, I have ordered a ton of stuff from them, great folks.

Glock has regional approved LE distributors that sell the guns at a discount. The only way to get the discount is find your local approved Glock dealer and jump through their hoops. For example, around here its Streichers out of the Twin Cities. On average, the Officer price runs around $475-$500 depending on model and equipment. The agency price is even less, but as mentioned that can be playing with fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by kontemplerande View Post
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.
    Strong is what's left when you've used up all your weak.

Forum Member
    I purchased both my Glocks throught OMB Express in Kansas. I think the G21C with night-sights was about 550, and the 27 was 398.

The Dept. cannot buy it for you, unless they issue your gun to you. Glock 21C with Trijicon NS = $578.40 + $25 shipping. High cap mags for 21 = $15.99. Get them shipped with your gun, and you only pay $25.
    The 9s and 40s not comp go for $398.20 with fixed sights. $470.20 with Trijicons. Officer price. Add $24.20 for comp models
    www.ombexpress.com
    That's where I got mine, they sent it out and I got it the next day, just because I am close to Kansas.
    Last edited by 1798; 02-05-2007 at 06:42 PM.
    "All statements made shall be protected by the First Ammendment to the U.S. Constitution in which I have sworn an oath to protect."

Just don't expect me to agree with yours...

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1798
    The Dept. cannot buy it for you, unless they issue your gun to you. Glock 21C with Trijicon NS = $578.40 + $25 shipping. High cap mags for 21 = $15.99. Get them shipped with your gun, and you only pay $25.
    The 9s and 40s not comp go for $398.20 with fixed sights. $470.20 with Trijicons. Officer price. Add $24.20 for comp models
    www.ombexpress.com
    That's where I got mine, they sent it out and I got it the next day, just because I am close to Kansas.

I have bought a couple of weapons through a dept.They take the payment out of the pay.Both guns were own by me and i still have one of them.The departemnts did not issue weapons so I had to supply my own.
    FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Forum Member
    I believe the correct price for most all Glocks is 398 with standard sites and 465 with night sites. Factor in tax and shipping and I paid 512 out the door for a G27 with night sites shipped next day.

Forum Member
    Jack's Uniforms out of South sioux City NE is a Glock LEO dealer. G17,22,31,19,23,32 $389 officer price, $359 Dept. price. Same guns compensated $412. I know they have territories they work in, I don't know if you are in it though. Oh, these are no night sights, steel sights, and/or adjustable sights. I hope this of help to you. Stay safe.

I purchased a Glock 22 under the LEO program from my local LE distributor (Proforce) for $398 with three high capacity mags. I'm not sure, but ProForce in Brea, California may be authorized to do Glock LE sales in the Las Vegas area under their contract with Glock. If not, find the local Glock LE dealer in your area to find out if they honor the pricing...

Quote Originally Posted by Airforcop
    I believe the correct price for most all Glocks is 398 with standard sites and 465 with night sites. Factor in tax and shipping and I paid 512 out the door for a G27 with night sites shipped next day.

I believe the Glock Night Sights would be 465....however the catalog I have has them with Trijicon Night Sights at the price I stated.
    "All statements made shall be protected by the First Ammendment to the U.S. Constitution in which I have sworn an oath to protect."

Just don't expect me to agree with yours...

Forum Member
    My advice is shop around. Just because they say its LE discount price doesn't mean it is a standard price. One local shop started advertising they sold Glocks at the LE price. I checked and they sold them for the same price another local dealer sold to the general public (full size Glock 9 or .40 for $480 with regular sights). There is a shop in Charlotte that was selling Glocks to LE for less than $400. I haven't checked their prices lately to see what they are currently.

Standard 9mm/.40/.357sig pistols with fixed sights and 3 mags $399.
    Standard .45acp/10mm pistols with fixed sights and 3 mags $465

I'm not a big fan of the Glock night sights. I always offer Meprolight grn/ylw night sights for $70 on any Glock.

The purchase includes Federal Excise Tax which all individual officers must pay. Only Gov't agencies are exepmt from FET.
    A Dept would pay $362 for the same 9/40/357 and $422 for .45/10mm.

The above prices are valid from any Glock Stocking Dealer or from Glock Inc directly. The purchase must be made on Dept. letterhead certifying the purchaser as LE/Firefighter.
    Look at your target and miss with your gun. Look at your gun and hit your target!

Armstrong's Armory
    Cop Owned, Serving Fellow Officers.

OK, the GLOCK LE/Mil/Govt/EMS discount is approximately $100 off retail price. That's a good guideline to go by. The discount is available to many people, including anyone who is LE certified, EMS certified, active military, VFD, etc. But you have to go to a "GLOCK Law Enforcement Dealer" to get the TRUE GLOCK LE discount. Other gun stores will claim to offer a LE discount, but it likely won't be as big of a discount as the true GLOCK one. To find out where the GLOCK LE dealers are in your state, call GLOCK directly and ask for LE sales. Their number is (770) 432-1202.

Once you find your closest dealer, you should be able to just go in there with your LE cert. card or department ID card. Shouldn't have to mess with departmental letterhead or a memo from a supervisor. It's very easy to take advantage of this deal. It should also be noted that LE GLOCKs come in cases with a blue sticker instead of a white one.

They also usually come with 3 mags (full size models), so the deal is even better!
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

interstatearms.com

OTJ for awhile now. Sgt. Geezer's Avatar

Buy Direct from Glock

As a Police Officer you can buy direct from Glock. Call them in Smyrna Georgia at 770-432-1202 and they will send you the paperwork & instructions. It's not a big deal..... we have purchased numerous pistols from them. The Officer price is 10% more than the department price and that is the Federal excise tax amount. You can acquire the pistols and accessories direct at prices that are comparable to the cheapest sources out there.

Streichers $440.00 Glock Cop Price, $398.00 Glock Dept. Price

Quote Originally Posted by Jhelrey View Post
    Streichers $440.00 Glock Cop Price, $398.00 Glock Dept. Price
    $398 is the glock individual officer purcahse price from authorized le distributers/dealers. if you want to give streichers your $$$ go ahead.

I live in FL and called 3 large gun dealers here. The LEO price was the same at all of them, so obviously it's set by someone. I did have to provide a letterhead, but no big deal there.
    I also bought a special edition engraved for my agency via OMB and the price was good there.

Forum Member
    If you are currently in an academy, are you eligible for the discounted LE price?

Forum Member
    If you are self sponsored, I'd probably say no. If you're being sponsored by an agency and thus technically hired, then most likely yes.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 996twint View Post
    If you are currently in an academy, are you eligible for the discounted LE price?
    I was able to get the discount when I started the academy.

Forum Member
    I called Glock today and they said if I was in an academy, even if self sponsored, I could receive the LE discount.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast