Forum Member

NYC DOC uniforms?

does anyone on the job know were to go for good quality uniforms? i have notice that alot of stores arent matching the uniform correctly. ex: your work shirt is dark navy blue but you trousers almost look like a dark purple. i have seen officers with work uniforms that match exactly. i was wondering if anyone can name a few shops that are good with their shirts matching their trausers.
    thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by salc0025
    does anyone on the job know were to go for good quality uniforms? i have notice that alot of stores arent matching the uniform correctly. ex: your work shirt is dark navy blue but you trousers almost look like a dark purple. i have seen officers with work uniforms that match exactly. i was wondering if anyone can name a few shops that are good with their shirts matching their trausers.
    thanks.
    was up kid..hows the academy so far?

Forum Member
    You have to buy your own and you don't get them from the same supplier??
    "it's nothing a rooftop and an AK-47 couldn't cure"

SHU
    Forum Member

hobbies

Have you been to Meyers on Flatbush Ave in downtown brooklyn? I buy from them and most of the time they are decent but I have seen what you are talking about from them as well but they are usually pretty good. If you need their number and address just send me a message.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy
    You have to buy your own and you don't get them from the same supplier??

Yes, we have to buy everything. academy uniforms, work uniforms, boots, duty rigs and supplies. as far as suppliers go, there are about over a dozen around the nyc area. many are good but like i stated dark navy blue to one supplier is not dark navy blue to another.

Forum Member
    That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. How are you guys supposed to look like a professional, well put together team when nobody matches and everbody has a slightly different style.

Even if you have to supply your own, at least have ONE place to get the same stuff from. Wow.

So do you get a clothing allowance?
    "it's nothing a rooftop and an AK-47 couldn't cure"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy
    That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. How are you guys supposed to look like a professional, well put together team when nobody matches and everbody has a slightly different style.

Even if you have to supply your own, at least have ONE place to get the same stuff from. Wow.

So do you get a clothing allowance?
    yes we do get an allowance. although my thoughts are that it definitely isnt enough to cover everything starting from day one. and to tell you the truth. we have some policies on what we can wear with what but as far as were we get them there's quit a few places that cell authorized stuff. in the long run the majority do match but some dont. for a place like nyc i guess it is hard for a department to deal with just one vendor since most of the departments almost wear the same uniform and use close to the same equipment. the nypd has around 35,000 officers nyc doc has about 10,000 officers, then you have bto officers, court officers, auxilaries. it would be hard for each department to deal with one store. although if done right im sure it is possible. but thats just my 2 cents.

Forum Member

Wink pauls in the bronx

Thier is a great place on e, tremont in the bronx that my old man used to get all of his uniforms from It's called pauls police supplie in westchester square been around since the late 60's

TacEMT783
    Pauls Is way expencive and I was treated badly there when i went there I use Brothers Uniforms In the Bronxs on Webster Ave. Just donw from Fortum Univercity... They are the best place i drive up from Delaware to get me gear there to this day...

Forum Member
    I use F&J's in the Bronx, they're expensive, but their uniforms are good quality.... Also check out Parks in Brooklyn, I hear a lot of officers use that store also.