Inactive User

10-Year-Old Hung Himself From Bunk After Watching News About Saddum's Execution

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2329468.shtml

Texas Boy Dies Mimicking Saddam's Hanging
    HOUSTON, Jan. 4, 2007
    (CBS/AP) Police and family members said a 10-year-old boy who died by hanging himself from a bunk bed was apparently mimicking the execution of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

Sergio Pelico was found dead Sunday in his apartment bedroom in the Houston-area city of Webster, said Webster police Lt. Tom Claunch. Pelico's mother told police he had previously watched a news report on Saddam's death.

"It appears to be accidental," Claunch said. "Our gut reaction is that he was experimenting."
    WTF
    May God bless every single public servant out there!

Forum Member

Let the lawsuits begin. Hear Pelosi call for the banning of ropes over 3 feet in length, or sheets that can be wrapped into ropes, "for the children".

Forum Member
    Not to be morbid, but do we really want someone this stupid growing up and having little stupid people? Come on... 10 years old is plenty old enough to know better. As a matter of fact, how do we know it was because of Saddam?

Its all Bush's fault!!! Bush kills little kids!!!!
    "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

MadMan

^^ I partly agree, but would've opted for his sterilization rather than death. At the end of the day, we are just talking about a child. Children do dumb things, and I lost count of the number of times that I did something that, surprisingly, did not produce my own death during my childhood.

I never tried to hang myself though. That's dumb.

Aside: He would not have have seen the video if he were on the internet in the company of a responsible adult.

But it's not as if that accounts for anything. Personal responsibility should be outlawed. It's getting there as it stands.
    Last edited by Contact; 01-05-2007 at 01:25 AM.
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Forum Member

That kid is stupid.

The Limey

Quote Originally Posted by Conner
    That kid is stupid.
    A little harsh, yes? Either it was an accident, in which case it was a tragedy. Or the young fella meant to kill himself, in which case it was a tragedy.
    I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Forum Member

As usual it's the parents fault, however, as usual it will be blamed on everything from the evils of the internet to an unjust war to the perils of rope ownership.
    Mankind shall not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Dithyrambe Sur La FĂȘte Des Rois -- Denis Diderot (1713 - 1784)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cockney Corner.
    A little harsh, yes? Either it was an accident, in which case it was a tragedy. Or the young fella meant to kill himself, in which case it was a tragedy.
    I dunno. If it's one of those instances where someone knows better but wants to try something stupid I don't think what I said was harsh. Kind of like back yard WWF on the trampoline.

10 years old is young, but definitely not too young to know you shouldn't hang yourself.

Forum Member

Darwin Award

he earned it!