Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CJBAT / State Exam: Questions

Hey all,

Wadson F, reporting from Central, FL Brevard county. I take the CJBAT in 5 days, (Dec. 6th) and at the time, I could not afford the study guide they told me to get if I thought I needed it. But from what I hear from some of the guys in the PD I want to work for, "If you can make a D in high school, you can make a 90 on the CJBAT." Is this true?

I am not trying to diss my intelligence, but for something I have no study guide for, it worries the crap out of me. Is the department truthful? Should I go out and enjoy life more till the test? Or does anyone know a study guide / practice test link.

Also,

State Exam, mates from the department said the Florida section of www.officer.com has someone that is handing out updated/revised notes. Can I sling a copy?

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by WadsonF; 12-01-2006 at 11:49 AM.
    WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Dont sweat the CJBAT. I took mine last month at Seminole College. They will give u the link for the pratice if u want it. The test is simple read and answer questions. figure our patterns (EG 2,4,6, _) I wouldnt worry about getting a practice test or study guide. Worse case if u fail it you can retake it the next day for the almost the same price the study guide or practice test would cost.

Forum Member
    And as far as the state test goes, everyone I've heard from has said it's easier than the tests you take in the Academy (you'll have to ask Off Kimball if that's true, I take mine in about a week and a half). But don't worry, the study guide will make it's way around the academy class when you get closer to the end.

Forum Member
    You have NOTHING to worry about with the basic abilities test. I took it over the internet from nj and it was a joke i thought. It was very easy, memorization, patterns, etc. The only thing i can warn you about is on the computer, make sure you select your answer. I got a few wrong because i was being dumb and thought i clicked the answer and then the screen changed before i could reclick it. Also, i got the first question wrong because i didnt realize it was a question, and not the computer guided example. Bot overall it was easy as hell.

I appreciate the quick responses, Kudos and respect to you all, I feel better now.

I'm taking all of your advises for it, I will not pay for the study guide (rip off 39.45) hopefully the study guides come around like you guys say it will.

I'm looking forward for the academy. I just paid for a membership to a gym, I want to be the police officer that can handle foot pursuits.

Respect!

THANKS!

Dont even worry about the CJBAT. It is the easiest tets I have ever taken. I made a 97 and I had been up for 30 hours when I took it. It is simply basic highschool type stuff.
    "Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God" Matthew 5:9

Quote Originally Posted by PTLEA302
    Dont even worry about the CJBAT. It is the easiest tets I have ever taken. I made a 97 and I had been up for 30 hours when I took it. It is simply basic highschool type stuff.
    I'll take your word for it. Currently, Im trying to find a fix for my allergies against dogs, so I can do K9. Also trying to find a site that breaks down what I'll be doing in the academy..

I cant sleep.. I cant wait to start in april.

Just North of The Capital of South America
    If it would make you feel better go to your library.They generally have various study guides for Law Enforcement tests.

T-
    Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
    Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Quote Originally Posted by Thek9
    If it would make you feel better go to your library.They generally have various study guides for Law Enforcement tests.

T-
    Yea, I might buy some coffee from barns n nobles one day and sit and read through one of them for a general idea of what I'll be looking at in the future. I'll probably buy one if they are good enough.

Forum Member
    Don't worry about the CJBAT. Easy. What you need to worry about is how well you can run after the 150lb. dummy drag during your PAT. It is even better when they video tape you doing it

Quote Originally Posted by kawilkesjr
    Don't worry about the CJBAT. Easy. What you need to worry about is how well you can run after the 150lb. dummy drag during your PAT. It is even better when they video tape you doing it
    Thats the hardest thing to practice, I dont know anyone who is 150lbs, let alone let me drag them around.

You can try to drag me if you want. I only tip the scale at 230. Look at it this way, if you can drag this dummy, you can drag that 150 pounder too.

no longer available
    Last edited by LEO_brat; 05-23-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Serious sh*t?

I got my girlfriend to apply at the Brevard Police Testing Center. Can I foward it to her for study?

That's mighty nice of you dude!

TheEmpireX@Gmail.com

no longer available
    Last edited by LEO_brat; 05-23-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LEO_brat
    you've got mail

hey I forgot to mention that the CJBAT review also has a practice test at the end of each review. Its very close to the real deal.
    You've got 300 cool points.

I forwarded it to her, hopefully she passes.

I understand why she wants to be an LEO, but what ever floats her boat, will make me happy.

Forum Member

CJBAT STUDY GUIDE SEARCH!!!! help!!!

Help!!!! Hi all I am new to this forum and in desperate need of a CJBAT study guide I will be taking it on jan 30th 2008 for MDPD. I see it all over the internet in the torrents pero nada?!?!? zippo ?!?! Nuthing?!?

Jay
    Last edited by jaos7; 01-17-2008 at 06:29 AM. Reason: misspell error

Forum Member
    i no longer have the cjbat practice test.
    Last edited by FUTUREcop954; 08-16-2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: i no longer have the cjbat practice test. Too many people emailing me about it.

no longer available
    Last edited by LEO_brat; 05-23-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Forum Member

Smile Help Cjbat Study Guide Search

Please Help!!!!
    Hi all, I am new to this forum and in need of a CJBAT study guide. I will be taking it on Feb 5, 2008 for Corrections Officer. I having been searching all over the internet but can only find it for a fee. Seems like they could give you a study guide before paying to take the exam. I just retired from the Navy after serving 20 years and I am not too great at taking tests so any help will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks all,

Kai

Duo
    They could give you a study guide, but they assume you passed high school already since its a minimum requirement.

Forum Member
    Would anyone mind sending me the study guides? mike.w.wallace@gmail.com Thanks in advance!

You don't need study guides! :P
    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer View Post
    You have NOTHING to worry about with the basic abilities test. I took it over the internet from nj and it was a joke i thought. It was very easy, memorization, patterns, etc. The only thing i can warn you about is on the computer, make sure you select your answer. I got a few wrong because i was being dumb and thought i clicked the answer and then the screen changed before i could reclick it. Also, i got the first question wrong because i didnt realize it was a question, and not the computer guided example. Bot overall it was easy as hell.
    SO YOU SAYING THE CJBAT IS AVAILABLE ONLINE??? I THOUGHT YOU'D HAD TO GO TO BCC AND TAKE IT? I ONLINE ASK BECAUSE I WANT TO TAKE THE TEST OVER BUT I RARELY HAVE TIME TO DO SO.

Quote Originally Posted by mizecca View Post
    Would anyone mind sending me the study guides? mike.w.wallace@gmail.com Thanks in advance!
    paypal me with $20 - mr.cjbatstudyguide@hotmail.com

-chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast