Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Forum Member

Someone Immune to taser?

I was talking with some deputys at my test yesterday, and during one of the conversations one of the people mentioned that they didnt care about being shot with the taser because they didnt feel it?

Is that possible? Why? How?

Frank Booth
    ...........double post...........
    Last edited by Frank Booth; 12-25-2006 at 04:56 PM.

Forum Member
    Not possible. The only way he did not feel it was because it was not a good connection.

The Man
    Was the guys name Chuck Norris? If not, he's full of sh*t.
    Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Clam Cop
    I don't see how anyone could be "immune" to the taser. The effect is caused by the completion of an electrical circuit, the muscle contraction is an involuntary response. It's like getting hit in the nose, your eyes tear and nose runs as an involuntary response to the insult. I'm sure that some people are able to tolerate the pain better than others but the muscular response to the electrical shock is not somehting that can be controlled or resisted.

Forum Member
    Macho syndrome...BS
    Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Forum Member

Yes. I have seen one individual take 4 Taser shots with little effect. This same individual also happens to be immune to OC.There were no drugs involved.

Forum Member
    I used to work with an officer who would do taser demos at gun and knife shows. He would light off the taser, holding it in the middle of his chest, and talk to people while he was doing it to demonstrate that they were not universally effective. These were the older-style tazers and stun guns...dunno if he can do that with the new ones.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Caution: Unvetted member.
    I rode the X-26 (by darts) for 5 seconds, and all I could do was make a loud grunting sound.

Glad the instructer had us use the rest room prior to the ride.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by armoredman
    Yes. I have seen one individual take 4 Taser shots with little effect. This same individual also happens to be immune to OC.There were no drugs involved.
    I believe him, I am immune to slugs. Infact, I recently found out that grenade shrapnel doesn't effect me either.

Forum Member

You and that Japanese guy from Hiroshima who said he was immune to the effects of the Atom Bomb: Iama Cinder.

There is a huge difference between the old stun guns and a Tazer. That said, ALWAYS have a plan B, just in case you meet the only guy on the planet it does not work on. My plan B includes a SIG 220 and some jacketed Hollow Points.
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Forum Member
    If you guys don't stop spelling taser with a "z" Centurion 44 will find you and be VERY mad.

Believe me, that is a place I don't ever want be again.

**This message brought to you by the Foundation For Better Spelling and Grammar In Internet Threads and is also made possible by a grant from C-44**

C-44, you owe me .75 cents for the grant
    Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Servo Vita ~ 2049

Quote Originally Posted by Bing_Oh
    I used to work with an officer who would do taser demos at gun and knife shows. He would light off the taser, holding it in the middle of his chest, and talk to people while he was doing it to demonstrate that they were not universally effective. These were the older-style tazers and stun guns...dunno if he can do that with the new ones.
    There is a world of difference between contact with the posts on the stun gun/taser and being hit with the darts.

Servo Vita ~ 2049

Quote Originally Posted by armoredman
    Was this individual hit with the darts?

Barefoot Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing_Oh
    The old taser systems were a 7-watt pain compliance unit. One could with practice overcome the unit with little more then a cramp. The new stuff is 26-watts and is an electo-muscular disruption that, as mentioned, causes muscles to involuntarily contract with the pulse.

Now having said that, a few weeks ago, I tazed a guy. It effected him, but minimumly. He stopped charging, but fought through the zap and pulled a wire out. Made for a bad night all the way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by kontemplerande View Post
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.
    Strong is what's left when you've used up all your weak.

StephWhit
    I'm immune to taser, OC, AK 47s, switchblades, dart guns, potato shooters, Chinese stars, and Krytonite.

Forum Member
    One of the guys from a neighboring agency took a 5 second ride. He was still able to walk to the instructor and grab ahold of him. Taser didn't believe and came down to hit him again with another Taser. They didn't believe it until they saw it themselves.
    Anyone who believes "the customer is always right" has never been a police officer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Callahan
    One of the guys from a neighboring agency took a 5 second ride. He was still able to walk to the instructor and grab ahold of him. Taser didn't believe and came down to hit him again with another Taser. They didn't believe it until they saw it themselves.
    I have no doubt that with an ieffective connection (probes too close together) you may be able to fight through it. Remember, pain compliance is a lot different than incapacitation. TASER does not routinely travel to a location to personally witness claims of ineffectiveness, so perhaps the guys you spoke to were either repeating an urban legend or maybe a local sales rep went and couldn't figure out what happened.
    Jerry
    "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dfwblue
    Was this individual hit with the darts?
    Darts twice, probes twice, holding his food trap "hostage".

Forum Member
    The more separation between the probes, the better the EMD effect to gain incapacitation (4-inch separation minumum, and the more the merrier). Some TASERs may malfunction for some demos as can happen with cartridges and connections on target. I can see someone potentially walking or fighting through a bad connection or if there is a malfunction (or even a reduced pulse-rate), though this will be rare.

I have had great results with the TASER X26 on-duty and off, and only once had a clothing disconnect issue.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrymaccauley
    I have no doubt that with an ieffective connection (probes too close together) you may be able to fight through it. Remember, pain compliance is a lot different than incapacitation. TASER does not routinely travel to a location to personally witness claims of ineffectiveness, so perhaps the guys you spoke to were either repeating an urban legend or maybe a local sales rep went and couldn't figure out what happened.
    Or another option. I SAW HIM TAKE THE HIT AND WALK! They tried a second Taser thinking the energy cell was depleted on the first. Same result.

As for Taser traveling...that is something I heard from the officers at that agency that happened on another date. LEGEND HAS IT Taser hit him again and he ALLEGEDLY walked for them.
    Last edited by Kevin_Callahan; 11-13-2006 at 03:36 AM.
    Anyone who believes "the customer is always right" has never been a police officer.

Forum Member

A buddy of mine tased somone with little effect (notice I said little effect) and the guy asked for more. He said it was the best hes had since he stopped using heroin and cocaine. He wouldn't comply and wouldn't comply and rode it 12 times before he was finally assisted to the ground and cuffed. He really only resisted because he wanted to be tased.

The guy was locked up while the taser was going but as soon as it was over he was asking for another and showing out. He wasn't on drugs and was a true recovering addict.

Forum Member

Apparently there is a Complex officer who gets Tased once a month for his back spasms. THAT I cannot truely substantiate, but I know some nutballs at Complex, and have little reason to doubt them.
    As for the guy I was talking about, believe or don't believe, I saw it. All the same to me.

Forum Member

I tased a guy that had a degenerative neuromuscular disease. The probes went into his loose- fitting sweatshirt & although he felt them they weren't stopping him. I had to touch-tase him & even then it was a hell of a fight. He was eventually subdued & since this happened at a hospital we brought him into the E.R. for an exam. The on-duty doctor said that his disease could delay his response to the Taser & that was his guess--the disease affected the response. Makes sense to me. I've never before or since seen a healthy person that was properly (?) shot with a taser be immune to it.

Forum Member
    I've seen it happen and I don't care what some people say about the connection, it's B.S. This one guy was hit in the stomach, he cringed for a second, uttered, "You tased me..." and ripped the wire from one of the pronges. When we were at the jail and removed the pronges, both were embedded into his stomach, about 10 inches apart.

Just like all tools, sometimes they work...sometimes they won't. Tasers are still a great tool for law enforcement but it doesn't negate the fact that officers must not always rely on technology.
    "It's okay ma'am...I work for the government and I'm here to help."

Page 1 of 2 12 Last