Forum Member

Hello! new and question

Hello! Im spud, Im from Ontario. Great Forum! I was wondering that when I get emails from people across seas asking to do "buisiness " with them, or to deposit money into your account, or to help them in way similar, if that is something the law enforcement officers trace or monitor or want to be informed about ??
    I have been sent many emails lately that would seemvery fraudulent to me and am wondering if I should do anything other than report it as spam??
    THank you so much
    spud

Deputy
    nigerian scam, They have been cought. its like drug lords kill one and another rises. DO NOT REPLY TO THEM OR GIVE THEM MONEY!

16th October
    Alleged Scam Artists Nabbed
    By Bianca Symonette
    Two Liberian men were charged in a Nassau court recently after police said they found them with equipment used to make counterfeit money.
    Sangar Moore, 23, and Aggrey Davies, 36, were arraigned in a Magistrate’s court on Thursday with forgery.

Court documents said that on October 9 the men were found in possession of six packs of black paper, a bottle of iodine, two steel safes and a US$50 note.

Both men pleaded not guilty to the charges and were each granted bail in the sum of $10,000.

The scam, which police believe the men may have been involved in, is known as the Black Dollar Nigerian Advance Fee Fraud, which originated in West Africa more than a century ago.

Under the scheme, unsuspecting "investors" are informed about the existence of huge sums of bank notes, which have been coated or disguised for security reasons.

Victims later become aware of the need to pay for the money to be "cleaned" before it can be used and are in the process scammed out of their own money.

Assistant Superintendent Drexel Cartwright, who is the officer in charge of the Commercial Crimes Unit of the Royal Police Force, said scam artists often use a few black US bills, usually the 50-dollar or 100-dollar note.

Once the investors’ moneys are received, the scam artists move on to another victim, Mr. Cartwright explained.

The investors of course lose their money and never hear from the scam artists again, he said.

"What we believe happens is that the Liberians ask persons to invest and them show them a few of the black money. Then they tell the potential investor that the rest of the money is being stored in a vault in another part of the world," Mr. Cartwright explained.

"However, they would need their money to purchase the necessary chemical to clean up the money. The people then invest thousands of dollars thinking they would get their money back double, but they never receive a penny and lose out to these clever artists."

Mr. Cartwright said although his department received some reports of such scams occurring in The Bahamas, no one had yet come forward indicating that they were scammed in this way.

"In some instance persons from other parts of the world were crooked out of over $400,000 because these people ask for big money and unsuspecting persons looking to make their money double usually find themselves losing money," Mr. Cartwright said.

Moore and Davies are schedule to return to court on November 13.
    My statements do not represent my agency.

Deputy
    Just delete them, if you want report them to you email service
    My statements do not represent my agency.

Forum Member
    Hello Eman
    Thanks for your reply
    Here is an example of one of the letters...just for the record

ROM: GEORGE MOROKA
    24 PRESIDENT STREET HOUGHTON
    JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA.

TEL: +27-73-82-42-889

Dear,

A CRY FOR HELP

I know you will be surprise to receive this mail; I got your contact through the net when I was searching a reliable person who will assist my family out of this predicament here in south Africa. I am GEORGE MOROKA, a son of a rich farmer in Zimbabwe Late Mr.MOROKA PHILIP . My father was assassinated last two years in the war zone area in Zimbabwe.

My mother and my two younger sisters are presently in South Africa, where we were granted political asylum. I inherited the sum of US$12 Million Dollars (TWELVE MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS) from my father, these money has been successfully conveyed to me into South-Africa and was deposited in private security and finance company by my late father. I have every documents to this fund including my father's last WILL.

My reason for contacting you is that this country is know longer a safe place for my family investment for the fear of encountering the same experience of my late father in future since the both countries has the same political history and common boundary, based on this point we seek for your assistance as a reliable partner to do this transaction with us Abroad. If you are interested in assisting us to invest this money in your country or becoming my partner in business, please try to contact me on the above number as soon as possible. Endeavor to keep this transaction very private and confidential, Because it's my family lifetime future investment.

What will be your percentage for assisting us?

Best Regard.

GEORGE MOROKA.

(FOR THE FAMILY)

OK HERES ANOTHER EXAMPLE:
    Dear Friend,

I am Barrister.Smith Williams, a consultant based in Nigeria West
    Africa.I represent Mrs.Mariam Abacha, Wife of the late president of
    Nigeria,General sani Abacha who died on the 8th of July 1998 while in
    power. She has instructed me to locate a foreigner who would act as her
    fund manager and partner in this business which would be of immense
    benefit to both parties.I want you to contact me immediately so that we
    can proceed with the business. She wishes to invest the sum of $22
    million overseas and needssomebody to manage this investment on her
    behalf.

She is now sick for past three mounths,following phsycological trauma
    she goes through as a result of Government's onslaught on the Family
    investment. As you may be aware,assets worth several million of dollars
    belonging to Her family had been confiscated by the present Nigerian
    government as a punitive measures.

You should also bear in mind that your assistance is needed to
    transfer and secure this fund for the investment. She proposes a
    commission 20% of the total sum to you for your expected services and
    assistance.Your response is therefore highly needed so as to stop
    further contact.

I hope this will be the beginning of a prosperous business
    relationship between her family and your family.Nevertheless if you are
    for any reason not interested, kindly inform me immediately so that I
    will look for another contact.I also require your endorsement for
    further details and please respond to my private email address:
    smith_williams0010@yahoo.com.
    Awaiting for your quick response.

Regards,

Barrister.Smith Williams

OK OK>>>THIS ONE MADE ME LAUGH..this person must be a writer...(It said i had to dowload japanese to read but i didnt)
    IT IS A PLEASURE TO INTRODUCE TO YOU A BUSINESS THAT WILL MAKE THE BEGGINNING OF NEVER-ENDING FAMILY RELATIONSHIP AND I HOPE THIS PROPOSAL WILL NOT BE AN INCONVENIENCE OR EMBARASSEMENT TO YOU.

I AM CHARLES AGOGO THE ONLY SON OF LATE MR AGOGO MAKA WHO WAS A FAMOUS COCOA MERCHANT. MY LATE FATHER OPERATED HIS COCOA BUSINESS IN ABIDJAN-COTE D'IVOIRE UNDER PARTNERSHIP BUT UNFORTUNATELLY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES POISONED HIM IN ORDER TO CLAIM HIS WEALTH IN A COCKTAIL PARTY HELD IN HIS HONOUR AS THE DIRECTOR OF THE COMPANY.WHEN HE WAS POISONED,HE WAS RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL.

IT WAS IN THE HOSPITAL THAT HE SECRETLY DISCLOSED TO ME THE CAUSE OF THE SICKNESS AND ALSO THAT HE DEPOSITED THE SUM OF $4.8M(FOUR MILLION EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ONLY) IN A SUSPENCE ACCOUNT TO A BANK HERE IN ABIDJAN-COTE D'IVOIRE AND THAT I WAS MADE THE NEXT OF KIN TO INHERIT THE MONEY IN HIS RECORD/FILE.

HE THEREFORE ADVISED ME TO LOOK FOR A RELIABLE,TRUST WORTHY AND GOD-FEARING PERSON WHO WILL ASSIST ME TO TRANSFER THIS FUNDS ABROAD STRICTLY FOR INVESTEMENT PURPOSES.THIS IS BECAUSE HE DIDN'NT WANT HIS ASSOCIATES TO RAISE AN EYEBROW ON HIS FUND.HE ALSO ADVISED ME TO AVOID HIS ASSOCIATES WHO WILL BE RUNNING AFTER MY DEAR LIFE,HE FINALLY DIED IN THE HOSPITAL AFTER TWO DAYS OF ADMISSION.

I AM SOLICITING FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE TO TRANSFER THE $4.8M INTO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR AN INVESTMENT PURPOSES OVER THERE IN YOUR COUNTRY.I HOPE TO TRAVEL WITH YOU TO YOUR COUNTRY AFTER A SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER OF THIS FUNDS.THE CONTACT OF THE BANK WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU AS SOON AS YOU SHOW YOUR INTEREST AND WILLINGNESS TO ME.YOU CAN NOW INSTRUCT THEM ON WHERE AND HOW THE MONEY WILL BE TRANSFERRED.

I AM OFFERING YOU 10% OF THE TOTAL SUM OF $4.800.000 AS COMMISSION FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE TO THE TRANSFER OF THIS FUND INTO YOUR COUNTRY.MAY I STRONGLY RE-EMPHASIZE THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL,HITCHFREE AND THIS WILL BE SUCCESSFULLY CONCLUDED WITHIN 10 DAYS ACCORDING TO YOUR WILLINGNESS.

THANKS FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED CO-OPERATION.PLEASE CALL ME AT +22505212947 FOR MORE DETAILS.

YOURS SINCERELY,
    CHARLES AGOGO.

Forum Member
    You know for someone who isnt all that bright, or is new to the internet these schemes could really do great damage!! Heres an intense one..(my last one...Thanks again)

Hello friend,
    Compliments!
    After going through your profile from our foreign trade office Consulate of Commerce &
    Industries which was given to me after my official enquiry,I decided to contact you directly but
    I didnot disclose the intention to anyone because of the delicate nature of the transaction.I
    found your profile interesting and decided to contact you directly for an urgent transfer and
    investment of Six million,two hundred thousand united states dollars.
    I am presently in Amsterdam working as a senior accounts manager with a bank. With your sincere
    assistant and co-operation, I am determined to work this project out if we can do business
    together but as at this moment, I am constrained to issue more details about this transaction
    until I get your response by email today.This deal is worth taking and highly profitable.Please
    take a moment of your very busy schedules to respond back to my private email
    address:akaziaprivatemail_02@katamail.com
    Regards,
    Mr.Anthony Kazia
    Senior Accounts Manager,Offshore Mortgage Services Dept,

Forum Member

ID theft

So are all of these real scams? or just junk mail that does nothing at all really.
    ANother question I have is about Identity Theft. I participated on on line surveys a year or so ago, did I put myself at risk of Identity theft ? HOw would I know if someone was using my info?
    THanks
    Spud