Forum Member

Georgia Drug Task Force

I was looking at applying to a local DTF after college. I kind of have a clue as to what they do but what is a more detailed account of the job? Any info would be helpful.

You'll have to be more specific. Are you talking about GBI or HIDTHA or a local agency?

Forum Member
    The are several in South GA ex. Southeast Ga DTF, Satilla DTF or central Georiga DTF. They seem like seperate departments from local agencies. I know that they have Commanders in charge of each squads.

Forum Member
    Qeezy_Baby , I know this is off topic but I don't know how to send you a private message. I saw on your profile that you live in Tifton. I live in Valdosta going to VSU. I am hoping(after college) to start working w/ Valdosta PD or Lowndes Co. Sheriff's Office. Do you have any info on either of these? Sorry about interrupting your discussion on the Task Force but it's the only way I knew to get you. Thanks for your help. Wish I could help you with your question but don't know enough to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeze
    Qeezy_Baby , I know this is off topic but I don't know how to send you a private message. I saw on your profile that you live in Tifton. I live in Valdosta going to VSU. I am hoping(after college) to start working w/ Valdosta PD or Lowndes Co. Sheriff's Office. Do you have any info on either of these? Sorry about interrupting your discussion on the Task Force but it's the only way I knew to get you. Thanks for your help. Wish I could help you with your question but don't know enough to say.

How close are you to graduating? I graduated from VSU also!
    "Anyone is capable of anything"

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be".

-Peter Gibbons
    Office Space

Forum Member
    The Drug Task Force is not something you can apply to directly. It is made up of seasons officers that have many years of law enforecement experience

Quote Originally Posted by alpha1906
    The Drug Task Force is not something you can apply to directly. It is made up of seasons officers that have many years of law enforecement experience
    Thats wrong. You can in fact apply to be a narcotics agent only with the GBI and you will be assigned to a drug task force at one of the GBI field offices.

-Peter Gibbons
    Office Space

justice12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    Thats wrong. You can in fact apply to be a narcotics agent only with the GBI and you will be assigned to a drug task force at one of the GBI field offices.
    It sounded like the original poster thinks a drug task force is something you apply to directly, which it isn't. Task forces are made up of officers from different agencies. You are right that you can apply directly to the GBI for a narcotics agent, but being a NA with GBI isn't the only way to work for a drug task force.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I'm not taling about the GBI. I was talking about a regular police department

Quote Originally Posted by alpha1906
    I'm not taling about the GBI. I was talking about a regular police department
    Well he said "The" drug task force. Kinda vague. Anyway I think the kid gets it now.

-Peter Gibbons
    Office Space