Thread: Jock Strap

Forum Member

Jock Strap

For the guys:

I've heard horror stories of getting drilled in the groin by suspects and I was wondering, is it a good idea to wear a jock strap and cup or is that unnecessary? Seems like a good idea to me but there must be a reason why more officers don't wear them. Help me out!

Annoyed, amazed & amused! Kieth M.'s Avatar
    If you remember to keep your gun leg back, your in a position of advantage to not have to worry about the kick to the groin.

All that said, I used to carry my old cup from my football days in my war bag for riot/crowd control situations. I wear briefs so that cup fit into the the flap just fine. I recently ditched the cup and bought a pair of those cheap knee pads from Home Depot. One of those can do the same job, now.

And, PS:
    Just so you know, it hurts women to be kicked there as well
    "Many times, I have thoughts and feelings which can only be expressed through dance!" - Bender, Futurama

"Ranking right up there with 'No good deed goes unpunished' are:

'Sooner or later, we just might outlive our usefulness to others' and...

'Sometimes it's very possible to push the most loving and loyal person, beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t'"
    - Yours truly

Forum Member
    I don't carry one, but by christ its making my eyes water thinking about getting a knee in the tabs!

Annoyed, amazed & amused! Kieth M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motorwaycop
    I don't carry one, but by christ its making my eyes water thinking about getting a knee in the tabs!
    LOL...Okay, just let me update my Anglo-American dictionary

Let's see, now: Lorry = Truck, Boot = Car's Trunk, Lift = Elevator, Pram = Baby Carriage and now TABS?

It's so true, we are two peoples separated by a common language!
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 09-26-2006 at 10:11 PM.
    "Many times, I have thoughts and feelings which can only be expressed through dance!" - Bender, Futurama

"Ranking right up there with 'No good deed goes unpunished' are:

'Sooner or later, we just might outlive our usefulness to others' and...

'Sometimes it's very possible to push the most loving and loyal person, beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t'"
    - Yours truly