Thread: Jock Strap

Forum Member

Jock Strap

For the guys:

I've heard horror stories of getting drilled in the groin by suspects and I was wondering, is it a good idea to wear a jock strap and cup or is that unnecessary? Seems like a good idea to me but there must be a reason why more officers don't wear them. Help me out!

Annoyed, amazed & amused!
    If you remember to keep your gun leg back, your in a position of advantage to not have to worry about the kick to the groin.

All that said, I used to carry my old cup from my football days in my war bag for riot/crowd control situations. I wear briefs so that cup fit into the the flap just fine. I recently ditched the cup and bought a pair of those cheap knee pads from Home Depot. One of those can do the same job, now.

And, PS:
    Just so you know, it hurts women to be kicked there as well
    "Many times, I have thoughts and feelings which can only be expressed through dance!" - Bender, Futurama

Forum Member

I don't carry one, but by christ its making my eyes water thinking about getting a knee in the tabs!

Annoyed, amazed & amused!
    Quote Originally Posted by motorwaycop
    I don't carry one, but by christ its making my eyes water thinking about getting a knee in the tabs!
    LOL...Okay, just let me update my Anglo-American dictionary

Let's see, now: Lorry = Truck, Boot = Car's Trunk, Lift = Elevator, Pram = Baby Carriage and now TABS?

It's so true, we are two peoples separated by a common language!
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 09-26-2006 at 10:11 PM.
    "Many times, I have thoughts and feelings which can only be expressed through dance!" - Bender, Futurama