Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Getting Fired

  1. #1
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,719

    Getting Fired

    Anybody can get fired from a police department or sheriff's office. Anybody, any time, any day, for a variety of reasons. Some legitimate, some not. It's no big deal. Life goes on. Or does it in some cases? What drives a cop to do this foolishness after getting fired? He found another job and should have been delighted under the circumstances.

    http://www.officer.com/article/artic...ion=5&id=32000

    Ex-Maryland Officer Admits to Civil-Rights Crimes

    August 9th, 2006

    A former police officer pleaded guilty Tuesday to two civil-rights charges for making anonymous death threats against black school children and Hagerstown's first black city council member.

    Jeffrey S. Shifler, 42, entered the pleas in federal court in Baltimore and faces up to 20 years in prison and $500,000 in fines at his Dec. 8 sentencing.

    "When a law enforcement officer makes racist threats against government officials and school students, it is a threat to the very fabric of our society," U.S. Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein said.

    Shifler was working for the Boonsboro Police Department when he made a series of calls to Hagerstown school officials and threatened to shoot black students, according to court records. The calls prompted several school lockdowns.

    On Jan. 31, Shifler left an anonymous voice message at the home of Hagerstown City Council member Alesia Parson-McBean, claiming to represent the Ku Klux Klan and threatening to burn her house. He had sent her racially charged letters in 2004 on the letterhead of the Hagerstown Police Department, where he worked at the time.

    Shifler, of Maugansville, Md., pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges of interfering with public-school attendance and interfering with housing in connection with the threats against the students and Parons-McBean.

    Parson-McBean didn't immediately return telephone calls seeking her reaction to the pleas. In February, she called the threats "devastating" and "bone-chilling."

    Deputy Federal Public Defender Joseph A. Balter, who represented Shifler, declined to comment on his client's motive, but said he is "deeply sorry about the pain that he caused to the victims."

    According to a criminal complaint filed in February, the threats began in 2004 after Shifler, a 16-year veteran of the Hagerstown police force, was fired for falsifying payroll records.

    He was fired from the Boonsboro Police Department after the federal charges were filed.

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Spoiler-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    20
    You always seem to know how to brighten my day Sheriff

  3. #3
    On the road
    Soon2Be's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,472
    It's a lot harder to get canned from a Police Department in Canada.

    A LOT harder.

    Edited to add:
    Hmmm I just read the news story and feel I should qualify my above statement.

    My statement about it being hard to be canned from a PD in Canada related to sheriff's comment:

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff
    Anybody can get fired from a police department or sheriff's office. Anybody, any time, any day, for a variety of reasons. Some legitimate, some not. It's no big deal. Life goes on.
    It did not relate to the news story. What that guy did was way freaking wrong, and deservedly got canned - as he would here.
    Last edited by Soon2Be; 08-11-2006 at 10:54 AM.

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Prangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    649
    Im sorry but there is dumb...and there is FRICKIN DUMB. You are doing something so stupid and illegal...but yet do it with a letter head of the PD that you work for. I call it natural selection...some people are just not cut out to be the police...this is obviously one of those situations.

  5. #5
    jrhodes
    Guest
    You always seem to know how to brighten my day Sheriff
    That's the truth. You love finding all the negative out there don't ya? Just another article showing the bad side of an leo. You must really love law enforcement.

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    vermont
    Posts
    216
    SHERIFF- As im sure youre well aware. EASY as cake to get fired in the interview process, the academy, the field training, the probationary period...etc.....HARD as can be to get fired once youre locked in you get a lawyer, a full trial...etc...theres a lot that can get you suspended. but fired is more like getting sexual favors from motorists to get off a ticket..etc...
    "If guns are outlawed...then only outlaws will have guns!"

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by badge1024
    SHERIFF- As im sure youre well aware. EASY as cake to get fired in the interview process, the academy, the field training, the probationary period...etc.....HARD as can be to get fired once youre locked in you get a lawyer, a full trial...etc...theres a lot that can get you suspended. but fired is more like getting sexual favors from motorists to get off a ticket..etc...
    Why dont sheriff tell us about his experience getting fired? Since he seems to know it all let him share his experience. Since Im from Virginia I can almost guarantee that he will quote the "at will" statue since thats what all the cops fired for a reason around here use instead of giving the "real" reason

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by badge1024
    SHERIFF- As im sure youre well aware. EASY as cake to get fired in the interview process, the academy, the field training, the probationary period...etc.....HARD as can be to get fired once youre locked in you get a lawyer, a full trial...etc...theres a lot that can get you suspended. but fired is more like getting sexual favors from motorists to get off a ticket..etc...
    Depends on the state and agency I suppose.

    In Virginia, a sheriff can hire and fire at will, with or without cause.

    There was a day and time when a new incoming sheriff would fire an entire department.... and hire his own friends and family. This is not done much any longer, but only because departments have grown so large. Some sheriff's don't have 100 to 300 friends and family to hire.

  9. #9
    All Sas and Sarcasm!
    texaschickeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Guess.....
    Posts
    10,980
    texas is a at will state to, however there is such a thing as "unjust termanation"
    to fire someone , at will state or not you better be able to back up the reasons or lay the person off.

    ever hear of a lawsuit? that can happen after "unjust termantion". and yes I ahve see the out come of it. the person got like 100K for the termation and pain and suffer. icing on the cake- got reinsated to the postion and walked in, gave a two weeks notice and becasue he ahd all vacation time and sick time restored, used ever sick day then left.
    got his vacation pay then.


    hell of a price for a really scummy lawyer.
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

  10. #10
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by wcso234
    Why dont sheriff tell us about his experience getting fired? Since he seems to know it all let him share his experience. Since Im from Virginia I can almost guarantee that he will quote the "at will" statue since thats what all the cops fired for a reason around here use instead of giving the "real" reason
    You, of all people, should know a sheriff in Virginia can hire and fire at will. This isn't something I made up off the top of my head. After the next election you could be looking for a job in a minute's notice.

    My experience at being fired? Sure, I am glad to share this information. Because it really sounds as if you, as a Virginia deputy sheriff, have no idea how powerful Virginia sheriffs actually are. I was suspended for an allegation. When I filed a grievance appeal over the suspension, and hoped to prove the allegation wasn't true, I was then fired. By virtue of state law, the sheriff revoked our right to the "grievance procedure" which the city afforded us for years prior to this revocation. I had committed "contempt of sheriff" by filing a grievance complaint on this suspension. By God, he was God! And I had the nerve to question his decision.

    The allegation was I fell asleep in court one morning. This was during the time frame when, 1) I had just sat up for weeks with my father who was dying of cancer, During the last month his passing was expected at any second. 2) My daughter had just undergone emergency surgery which saved her life, and 3) The city doctor had himself prescribed medications to me which cause drowsiness, in reference to a Sick Building Symdrome. Why would a city doctor do this knowing my job description and the fact I needed to remain alert at all times? Our courthouse was repeatedly opened and closed because of this Sick Building Syndrome. (By the way, the courthouse was NEVER closed the first time until the then sheriff himself got sick. They had stuff growing in the duct work. In this mysterious growth.... cancer causing agents were found.)

    Do you think I am embarrassed by this? Not in the least. Everybody in town knew it was all political. Everybody under the rank of sergeant left this sheriff's office when this person became sheriff. Some voluntarily, some not. I refused to leave voluntarily, I made him look for and find a reason to fire me. Maybe the city dovctor was helping him?

    The sheriff who hired me at another agency (EVEN BEFORE I HAD BEEN FIRED) said the sheriff's "reason" was BS, and something else was obviously going on. He even said himself that he has dozed off in court, that it was normal after working courtrooms for years. But anyhow, of course there was something else going on. The sheriff and I just didn't like each other. He had been sheriff for 1 1/2 to 2 years, and I had worked there for over two decades before he came along. While going through the process of being suspended and fired, I was actually a sworn deputy sheriff in Virginia at 2 agencies at the same time. I could easily have gone to work at the second agency full time if I had chosen to do so. But I went into what I call a semi-retired occupation. I had gotten tired of all the good ole boy antics, nepotism and politics involved in law enforcement of any type.

    Police officers in Virginia have a Bill of Rights, deputy sheriffs don't. Don't ever assume you're safe and have job security working for a Virginia sheriff. All it takes is just wrong traffic stop to find yourself unemployed. Or one disagreement with your sheriff. Or if a family member of the sheriff reaches the age to be hired, you might become the sudden vacancy. Or if your sheriff is booted during the next election, your chances of the same are at best 50/50.

    Having said all of the above about the then sheriff, you wouldn't believe what happened next when I expressed an interest in running against him in the next election. And he knew I was going to pull his many skeletons out of the closet and put them on public display. That's a 45 page reply. It's in a book that was due to be released this year, until something else came up. This "something else" will now be invcluded in the book which was already over 700 pages long.

  11. #11
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschickeee
    ever hear of a lawsuit? that can happen after "unjust termantion"...

    You mean termination. And I tested it in Virginia. The first words out of the judge's mouth were, "I'm not sure why we're all here this morning, gentleman! The law clearly says a sheriff can hire or fire at will, with or without cause!"

    He had driven a 100 miles just to shoot the case down with his first sentence. I and my attorney both knew there was no sense in even arguing the case thereafter. The judge had announced his decision in his first sentence.

  12. #12
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    south
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by SHERIFF
    You, of all people, should know a sheriff in Virginia can hire and fire at will. This isn't something I made up off the top of my head. After the next election you could be looking for a job in a minute's notice.

    My experience at being fired? Sure, I am glad to share this information. Because it really sounds as if you, as a Virginia deputy sheriff, have no idea how powerful Virginia sheriffs actually are. I was suspended for an allegation. When I filed a grievance appeal over the suspension, and hoped to prove the allegation wasn't true, I was then fired. By virtue of state law, the sheriff revoked our right to the "grievance procedure" which the city afforded us for years prior to this revocation. I had committed "contempt of sheriff" by filing a grievance complaint on this suspension. By God, he was God! And I had the nerve to question his decision.

    The allegation was I fell asleep in court one morning. This was during the time frame when, 1) I had just sat up for weeks with my father who was dying of cancer, During the last month his passing was expected at any second. 2) My daughter had just undergone emergency surgery which saved her life, and 3) The city doctor had himself prescribed medications to me which cause drowsiness, in reference to a Sick Building Symdrome. Why would a city doctor do this knowing my job description and the fact I needed to remain alert at all times? Our courthouse was repeatedly opened and closed because of this Sick Building Syndrome. (By the way, the courthouse was NEVER closed the first time until the then sheriff himself got sick. They had stuff growing in the duct work. In this mysterious growth.... cancer causing agents were found.)

    Do you think I am embarrassed by this? Not in the least. Everybody in town knew it was all political. Everybody under the rank of sergeant left this sheriff's office when this person became sheriff. Some voluntarily, some not. I refused to leave voluntarily, I made him look for and find a reason to fire me. Maybe the city dovctor was helping him?

    The sheriff who hired me at another agency (EVEN BEFORE I HAD BEEN FIRED) said the sheriff's "reason" was BS, and something else was obviously going on. He even said himself that he has dozed off in court, that it was normal after working courtrooms for years. But anyhow, of course there was something else going on. The sheriff and I just didn't like each other. He had been sheriff for 1 1/2 to 2 years, and I had worked there for over two decades before he came along. While going through the process of being suspended and fired, I was actually a sworn deputy sheriff in Virginia at 2 agencies at the same time. I could easily have gone to work at the second agency full time if I had chosen to do so. But I went into what I call a semi-retired occupation. I had gotten tired of all the good ole boy antics, nepotism and politics involved in law enforcement of any type.

    Police officers in Virginia have a Bill of Rights, deputy sheriffs don't. Don't ever assume you're safe and have job security working for a Virginia sheriff. All it takes is just wrong traffic stop to find yourself unemployed. Or one disagreement with your sheriff. Or if a family member of the sheriff reaches the age to be hired, you might become the sudden vacancy. Or if your sheriff is booted during the next election, your chances of the same are at best 50/50.

    Having said all of the above about the then sheriff, you wouldn't believe what happened next when I expressed an interest in running against him in the next election. And he knew I was going to pull his many skeletons out of the closet and put them on public display. That's a 45 page reply. It's in a book that was due to be released this year, until something else came up. This "something else" will now be invcluded in the book which was already over 700 pages long.
    Sounds to me like you are way to paranoid. Also, I have to add, you said "allegation" a few times in there as if it wasn't true. Then you went on to give a lot of reasons/excuses as to why it was reasonable for you to fall asleep. Which is it? Did you or didn't you? Also the doctor deal, I have no doubts that somewhere on that prescription, it says something about "may cause drowsiness." I bet you could scan it and post it like the tazer warning.

    I will agree that sheriffs have a lot more power than some realize.
    Last edited by scratch13; 08-11-2006 at 08:00 PM.

  13. #13
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by SHERIFF
    The allegation was I fell asleep in court one morning. This was during the time frame when, 1) I had just sat up for weeks with my father who was dying of cancer, During the last month his passing was expected at any second. 2) My daughter had just undergone emergency surgery which saved her life, and 3) The city doctor had himself prescribed medications to me which cause drowsiness, in reference to a Sick Building Symdrome. Why would a city doctor do this knowing my job description and the fact I needed to remain alert at all times? Our courthouse was repeatedly opened and closed because of this Sick Building Syndrome. (By the way, the courthouse was NEVER closed the first time until the then sheriff himself got sick. They had stuff growing in the duct work. In this mysterious growth.... cancer causing agents were found.)
    My point in this is not to embarass you at all but merely to prove a point. You made a mistake.........you said that the previous Sheriff made the comment that he himself had fallen asleep in court although you never admitted to falling asleep yourself despite posting your lack of sleep and prescribed medicine that would cause you drowsy. You never admitted doing it but all indicators say that you did.........whether it was 100% you fault or not.
    Despite this you come on here time and time again and point out........almost to the point of getting joy.........stories of officers getting caught and losing there jobs. You remind me of one such delegate that fought the VSP for disability tooth and nail and then when he got into office he bends over backwards for the VSP.
    Just because you got the shaft dont enjoy everytime another officer gets the shaft.
    I, like you, know the consequenses of being a Deputy in VA. As a matter of fact when I left my secure state job (in which I couldnt be fired because of all the red tape and court hearings that would be required) I was sworn in with the Sheriff on my right side in front of a circuit court judge. I looked at my Sheriff and looked at my badge and said "Sheriffs Deputy......Live by the sword, Die by the sword" I know and still know what "at will" means.

  14. #14
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by scratch13
    Also, I have to add, you said "allegation" a few times in there as if it wasn't true. Then you went on to give a lot of reasons/excuses as to why it was reasonable for you to fall asleep. Which is it? Did you or didn't you?
    The point was...... even if I had fallen asleep..... I had perfectly acceptable excuses for it. We'll never know now if I did or not. Because the judge refused to hear the case..... and my witnesses never got to testify.

    Had the sheriff not revoked our access to the city grievance process, I would have won. I had already kicked butt in 2 grievance procedures before this. Once when my performance evaluation was rated down because of who I was rather than my performance. And another time when the sheriff said I would do so and so full time, when all other duties were rotated. He was punishing me for being so vocal in the community about him hiring his own son.


    Quote Originally Posted by scratch13
    Also the doctor deal, I have no doubts that somewhere on that prescription, it says something about "may cause drowsiness." I bet you could scan it and post it like the tazer warning.
    Most certainly didn't. I had no idea what the drug was or what it did. I had just been released from the hospital for a work related lung infection from the Sick Building Syndrome.

    Before this event I had never taken prescription drugs for anything that I can recall.

    The Sick Building Syndrome and subsequent injuries could very well have had a hand in them wanting to get rid of people too. A fellow deputy was injured in a courtroom fight and finally had to quit when they made his life miserable. The city stepped around Workmen's Comp claims in any manner they could.

    Our then sheriff didn't have to repeatedly suffer the Sick Building Syndrome like we did. He finally figured out how to sit in his office and keep both windows open for fresh air. We were working in a sealed courtroom and couldn't get fresh air. This is an actual picture from 1995 in which he kept the windows open.




    Quote Originally Posted by scratch13
    I will agree that sheriffs have a lot more power than some realize.
    Oh yes. Much more than a simple Chief of Police.
    Last edited by SHERIFF; 08-11-2006 at 10:13 PM.

  15. #15
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by wcso234
    My point in this is not to embarass you at all but merely to prove a point. You made a mistake.........
    No, I didn't. The access to the grievance procedure was revoked when I set out to prove I didn't. It wasn't just revoked for me, it was revoked for the entire department.

    Quote Originally Posted by wcso234
    ...you said that the previous Sheriff made the comment that he himself had fallen asleep.....
    I said the sheriff who hired me while my termination was pending at the other department said the excuse was total BS. He said that he himself had nodded off a time or two. If he didn't feel the excuse was total BS do you think he would have hired me?

    The allegation was actually a compliment to me, IMHO. There were 2 other deputies in the courtroom at the time. If everybody went to hell in a handbasket because I "fell asleep" (the allegation), that's not saying much for the other two deputies, is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by wcso234
    Despite this you come on here time and time again and point out........almost to the point of getting joy.........stories of officers getting caught and losing there jobs. Just because you got the shaft dont enjoy everytime another officer gets the shaft.
    I hope anything I post is a learning tool. The vast majority of it comes right from the officer.com home page. Does officer.com enjoy it every time an officer gets the shaft? Is this what you are trying to say?

    Quote Originally Posted by wcso234
    I, like you, know the consequenses of being a Deputy in VA.
    OK. I figured you did, but I just wanted to make sure you were well aware there's NO job security in a sheriff's office whatsoever.

  16. #16
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by SHERIFF
    The point was...... even if I had fallen asleep..... I had perfectly acceptable excuses for it.
    Kind of like the CMPD officer had an excuse to shoot the man in the cell tower, kind of like the SC Trooper for getting ****ed off after an 8 miles chase.

  17. #17
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by futurencLEO
    Kind of like the CMPD officer had an excuse to shoot the man in the cell tower, kind of like the SC Trooper for getting ****ed off after an 8 miles chase.
    Nope. You guys compare apples to oranges way too much. The allegation against me only affected me. It did not inflict pain and/or suffering on any person.

  18. #18
    Forum Member
    chaser266's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    353
    I have to say, I'm with SHERIFF on this one, as the facts are presented. I am eager to read the book when it comes out -- keep us posted.

    As for falling asleep in court, I'm just curious what kind of tool would file a complaint to the sheriff about that. What happened to a nudge in the arm, and, "Hey, wake up, buddy?" I have seen bailiffs appear to fall asleep in court on several occasions. I just kind of chuckled to myself, and moved on with my life. In the courtrooms I'm in, we normally have several armed patrol guys present -- so it's not like it's a huge safety issue. Discipline may have been appropriate, but firing seems over the top, based on the information given.

    I'm curious when deputy sheriffs in Virginia are going to make their voices heard on this issue? As a matter of fact, when is the law enforcement community as a whole (regardless of the color of the uniform or state) going to come together and fight for change? Should a politician really have absolute power over the careers of numerous, sometimes hundreds, of law enforcement officers?
    Last edited by chaser266; 08-12-2006 at 01:32 PM.

  19. #19
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by chaser266
    I have to say, I'm with SHERIFF on this one, as the facts are presented. I am eager to read the book when it comes out -- keep us posted.

    As for falling asleep in court, I'm just curious what kind of tool would file a complaint to the sheriff about that. What happened to a nudge in the arm, and, "Hey, wake up, buddy?" I have seen bailiffs appear to fall asleep in court on several occasions.
    The judge had to take a break to call his wife. Before returning and resuming the docket he told me I appeared as if I wasn't feeling well and had nodded off. I told him I indeed wasn't feeling well, but I thought I would be OK. (The city doctor had given me a "get off work free" card, I should have used it, but I knew this would be used against me too if I had used it.)

    A fellow deputy went back and reported the conversation to my sheriff. Remember what I have said on many occasions -- an officer's worst enemy is often another officer. I was just one more qualified "veteran deputy" out of their way as they all sought promotions.

    Other deputies in the same department had never been fired for nodding off or even falling asleep. One fell asleep in federal court one day. It was nothing more than a joking matter after the fact. The commonwealth attorney walked in one day and kicked a deputy in the leg to wake him up. I saw it. It also was nothing more than a joking matter after the fact. And the deputy and commonwealth attorney both lied about it. This commonwealth attorney lost the next election, he came under attack from several directions because of the type of person he was.

    As I have said before, this particular sheriff was looking for a reason to get rid of me. We had no love for each other whatsoever.

    There is justice in life though. He was later canned too. After becoming the police cheif after being sheriff, and after firing me while he was sheriff, he begged the city manager to let hom stay on after the age of 60. The city manager told him NO. The city manager was getting enough grief about this fellow, because the city manager had dropped the educational requirements and overlooked a much more qualified black candidate to give the job to "a good ole boy". The black community was all over his back about this.

    The day I left this office was like having a ton of brick lifted off my shoulders. No more being on call every third night. No more being on call every third weekend. No more pagers laying on the pillow beside my head. No more getting up at 2:00 a.m. and having to find a babysitter for my then 4-year-old daughter. No more having to wake her up, dress her, and take her out in 20 degree weather. Only to return 2 hours later and pick her up from the babysitters. No more going into work at 8:00 a.m. after being up all night long. No more working court when cases went past 5:00 p.m. Cases very often went to 10:00 p.m. or midnight.

    One of the biggest side effects of leaving this office.... no more headaches. And I am speaking of physical headaches. I had headaches so often I wondered if I had a brain tumor. The day I left this office they totally disappeared. I got up the next morning and felt better than I had in 25 years. And no more heartburn as well. Just the heartburn and headaches alone was a major factor in my never going back into law enforcement full time again.

  20. #20
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    south
    Posts
    1,447
    One observation. You constantly slam rookies for making rookie mistakes. As stated you know how powerful sheriffs are. I have never worked for one myself, but even though it is fairly hard for the admin to fire me, I would not make the mistake by running my mouth about how the chief hired/promoted his relative (or buddy) in public. If I did, I wouldn't be surprised if I got stuck in a cruddy job or gasp! get fired over something bogus.

    Sounds like that is one "rookie" move on your part.

    Also, did you say that you have sued or are in the act of suing some PDs? If so, what about and how many times?

  21. #21
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by scratch13
    I would not make the mistake by running my mouth about how the chief hired/promoted his relative (or buddy) in public.
    It wasn't a mistake. I knew exactly what I was doing.

    I simply didn't give a damn.

    Quote Originally Posted by scratch13
    If I did, I wouldn't be surprised if I got stuck in a cruddy job or gasp! get fired over something bogus.
    I wasn't. But I made him work for the privilege. I had already kicked butt twice in grievance appeals. The only way they won the third time was to revoke access to the grienvance procedure. I have already explained this.

    Quote Originally Posted by scratch13
    Also, did you say that you have sued or are in the act of suing some PDs? If so, what about and how many times?
    You sure do know a lot, and ask a lot of questions to have just joined here a few days ago.

  22. #22
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    south
    Posts
    1,447
    I have lurked here for a while and I finally jumped in. It took a while to get granted access. I am not really following you. Are you saying you didn't care if you got fired or are you saying that you wanted to make it hard for him to fire you? Which is it? It would not make sense for both. I am just busting your balls a little bit, old timer.

  23. #23
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by scratch13
    I have lurked here for a while and I finally jumped in. It took a while to get granted access.
    What previous user name were you lurking with?

    Quote Originally Posted by scratch13
    I am not really following you. Are you saying you didn't care if you got fired or are you saying that you wanted to make it hard for him to fire you? Which is it?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by scratch13
    I am just busting your balls a little bit, old timer.
    OK, lurker!

  24. #24
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    south
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by SHERIFF
    You sure do know a lot, and ask a lot of questions to have just joined here a few days ago.
    I do know a lot, to that I will agree. I have been known to ask a lot of questions at work too. Am I asking too many questions, or just ones that you don't like, Mr Sheriff? Don't get yourself all worked up, just joking.

  25. #25
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by scratch13
    Am I asking too many questions, or just ones that you don't like, Mr Sheriff? Don't get yourself all worked up, just joking.

    I promise not to.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Click here to log in or register