Forum Member

Certified letter

I checked my mail today and I have a certified letter at the post office from the Irving police. What could they be sending me? Do they send warrants through mail? Or do you think it could be that I'm going to be sued by one of my credit card companies and this is just the way it's handeld? Any imput would be great.

Forum Member

Certified letter.

The only way you're going to find out what the letter is about, is to pick it up.I seriously doubt it would concern a lawsuit, as attorneys are quite capable of sending their own certified letters, and as a rule municipal police agencies don't serve them. Warrant? very doubtful. If it's a felony, IPD would be knocking loudly on your door. Misdemeanor? Again, no. You usually find out about those if you get stopped for a traffic violation, or again, if you hear the knock on your door and it's the police. You're the only one who will know if they're might be a warrant out for you, not us. You should also be aware of why the PD might be sending you a certified letter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipCal
    The only way you're going to find out what the letter is about, is to pick it up.I seriously doubt it would concern a lawsuit, as attorneys are quite capable of sending their own certified letters, and as a rule municipal police agencies don't serve them. Warrant? very doubtful. If it's a felony, IPD would be knocking loudly on your door. Misdemeanor? Again, no. You usually find out about those if you get stopped for a traffic violation, or again, if you hear the knock on your door and it's the police. You're the only one who will know if they're might be a warrant out for you, not us. You should also be aware of why the PD might be sending you a certified letter.
    I really have no clue what it could be. All I know is that I have not paid my credit card company in over a year so that's why I thought it could be about that. The folks at www.freeadvice.com say that the county sheriff's dept. would be the one sending me papers on that. And I did get into some trouble awhile ago and the cop told me that he thought I had done it before (which I didn't BTW). So then I thought it could be about that. But if you say they don't tell you about warrants through certified mail then I'll take your word. So I'm just nervous. I do plan to pick it up tomorrow but I won't be sleeping good tonight.

No Longer Active

Traffic ticket?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tennsix
    Traffic ticket?
    I had a traffic ticket a few months ago but I took care of it. Are you talking about the intersections with cameras? Do the tickets come from the police dept.? Someone through PM told me it could be drivers license suspension but I haven't done anything to deserve that. I'm never gonna sleep tonight.

All Sas and Sarcasm!
    in texas credit card companies can NOT granish your wages, call you after you put into writing that you only wnt to be contacted by mail and more then like ly the PD will not have a thing to do with the credit card stuff.

guess like you need to get it and find out.

post when you do.
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by texaschickeee
    in texas credit card companies can NOT granish your wages, call you after you put into writing that you only wnt to be contacted by mail and more then like ly the PD will not have a thing to do with the credit card stuff.

guess like you need to get it and find out.

post when you do.
    Ya I know they can't garnish wages but can't they freeze bank accounts?

I'll be sure to post back when I find out.

All Sas and Sarcasm!
    nope
    they cant touch you in texas. and if they are calling you just drop them a note that states you want to be contacted by mail only. give it 2 weeks and no more calls. (I work with peeps rebuilding themselves. I found it out like that.)

http://www.peopleslawyer.net/

try that. its a texas thing.
    Oscar Wilde

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by texaschickeee
    nope
    they cant touch you in texas. and if they are calling you just drop them a note that states you want to be contacted by mail only. give it 2 weeks and no more calls. (I work with peeps rebuilding themselves. I found it out like that.)

http://www.peopleslawyer.net/

try that. its a texas thing.
    Gotta love Texas.

Hey where in Texas are you? Right now in Arlington/Fort Worth there is a hostage situation involving a big truck and a BUNCH of cops. They brought out the heavily armed cop cars.

All Sas and Sarcasm!
    houston - harris county
    Oscar Wilde

TPO
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heather78
    Gotta love Texas.

Hey where in Texas are you? Right now in Arlington/Fort Worth there is a hostage situation involving a big truck and a BUNCH of cops. They brought out the heavily armed cop cars.
    it's probably a jury summons for municipal court.

and yea, that's going down over near the area where i work. those troopers are out of the parker south station. those cops ought to look around and see if they can find some pieces of my car. i hit an f'ing deer a few weeks ago where that truck is stopped.
    Last edited by TPO; 07-23-2006 at 08:55 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TPO
    it's probably a jury summons for municipal court.

and yea, that's going down over near the area where i work. those troopers are out of the parker south station. those cops ought to look around and see if they can find some pieces of my car. i hit an f'ing deer a few weeks ago where that truck is stopped.
    I don't think they send jury summons certified mail.

So isn't the chase over now? I don't have a TV out in the living room.

No Longer Active

Well if it says that you won a free vaction, big screen TV, free turkey, super bowl tickets or any such thing, you should report at the specified date, time and location. You are one lucky fella!!!

Forum Member

It turned out them saying that they had some property of mine, uless it's a trap. I'm paranoid.

No Longer Active

Well go get it girl, what ya waiting for?

Forum Member

I was a utility knife they had confiscated awhile back. Thanks guys and gals.