Like Tree7570Likes

Thread: CBP officer

God Bless OPD and PPD

Quote Originally Posted by flstate1 View Post
    I just wondered what they were for. I don't think CBP has an EVOC course in the academy. I just wanted to know who uses them.
    Actually CBP is now offering Pursuit Driver Training in Charleston SC. I believe its 2 weeks of driving. Here at our port we are authorize to chase port runners....which happen often.
    What if quotas did exist?!

DCH
    Forum Member
    Um, they're just marked cars. Cars are for D R I V I N G.

what's all the mystery about CBP marked units???
    Timelines:

CBPO
    App: 2/12/09
    Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
    Written: 2/20/09
    NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
    TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
    App: 5/5/09
    Geo: San Diego
    Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
    NOR: 7/20/09
    Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
    TO: 10/6/09
    Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
    Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
    Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
    App: 8/17/10
    Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
    TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Forum Member

Hello everyone. I am new to this site but have been in the CBP process for a while now. I just found this site and I am glad I did, so much information and so many people to compare with. I am also waiting for the buffalo area. I tested back in 08/2008 and completed everything and landed in TSU on 4/21/09 and have been there ever since.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NIKKIinBUFFALO View Post
    Hello everyone. I am new to this site but have been in the CBP process for a while now. I just found this site and I am glad I did, so much information and so many people to compare with. I am also waiting for the buffalo area. I tested back in 08/2008 and completed everything and landed in TSU on 4/21/09 and have been there ever since.
    Feel like saying, "welcome but the party is over".
    Happy 300 posts to me BTW.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cajunchik View Post
    Omg, that is funny!!! I see none of us has lost our sense of humor in all of this!!!
    this is so funny.could not have said it better.

Forum Member

Omg, that is funny!!! I see none of us has lost our sense of humor in all of this!!!
    this is so funny.could not have said it better.

Forum Member
    How are my fellow Northern VA guys holding up out there?

I have a question for you guys: does anyone know what the odds are of posted in Norfolk as opposed to Dulles? Is it possible for MHC to call up to post you in Norfolk but you can be like "Uhhh, yeah, I'd prefer Dulles. Call me back when there is an opening for there?" I can't say that I am WHOLLY opposed to going to Norfolk, but my whole life is really in DC. It would totally screw up my plans.

For those guys waiting on Dulles, I am getting in touch with a friend at HQ today to see if he can give us some clue on the expected need for Dulles over the next few months. I will keep you posted.
    "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Forum Member

Anyway, I keep hearing about this "CALL", not sure I know if those are around anymore. Some say they just got lost in time, others say history repeats itself. So if thats the case it will be all good in the near future.

So everyone get up today, smile and say one more day waiting is just another day.

Sgt.K "Out"
    Last edited by MP-K-9; 10-22-2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Dont know.....lol

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiman View Post
    I took the exam in august as well for the buffalo sector, I unfortunetely did not score so hot (79). So I'm waiting for the next exam to come up so I can request one of the Southern Borders.
    You will get a TO offer with that score. Most of the people that say they got score of 100 - 99 - 98 are Lying.

Forum Member

Suv ?

Quote Originally Posted by MP-K-9 View Post
    Most of the time SUV's are K-9 Units.
    All K-9 Handlers get take home G rides.

Reason is the dog is supposed to be able to move around freely in the G ride and rome back and forth.

A. To see the handler
    B. To alert the handler if someone is approaching the G ride
    C. To hold all the gear we use.

The normal Crown Vic is alittle to small for all the dog gear and your normal officer gear.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drcapp View Post
    You will get a TO offer with that score. Most of the people that say they got score of 100 - 99 - 98 are Lying.
    You're right about that. Not to blow my own horn, but I consider myself a pretty smart guy and I could only squeak out an 89%. I was shocked at how hard it was. There were math concepts on that test I hadn't used since high school.
    "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Forum Member

Score

I was happy when I got a "79" I suck in math (and grammer, some times....LOL). Luckly I got an additional "10" point due to my VA Rating. So overall "89".

And still dosnt help with getting in TSU.
    Last edited by MP-K-9; 10-22-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Typo as always

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caiman View Post
    I took the exam in august as well for the buffalo sector, I unfortunetely did not score so hot (79). So I'm waiting for the next exam to come up so I can request one of the Southern Borders.
    When I took the exam back in 3/2008 for JFK, I scored really low...I got a 72 and I haven't heard a word from it almost a year later. Maybe around Jan of 09, I decided to sign up for another exam for a different geo location ( I didn't know the score would transfer over ) I got my NOR I think around Feb and recieved a TO on March...went through the entire process...and on Aug 28th, I got my TSU date...
    TSU - 8/28/09
    TO - 3/2009
    On the job

Forum Member
    Yoda. You out there? Can we get an update?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imlikeaninja View Post
    Yoda. You out there? Can we get an update?
    Yoda is in Officer Candidate School for the Army, i believe. He figured after all this time, you gotta move on and if CBP calls, deal with it then.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sr20 View Post
    When I took the exam back in 3/2008 for JFK, I scored really low...I got a 72 and I haven't heard a word from it almost a year later. Maybe around Jan of 09, I decided to sign up for another exam for a different geo location ( I didn't know the score would transfer over ) I got my NOR I think around Feb and recieved a TO on March...went through the entire process...and on Aug 28th, I got my TSU date...
    Yeah i originally scored a 90 back in '06 and have used that score ever since. 90 is a great score for Michigan, as i got a t.o. in a matter of a few weeks.
    Of course im still sitting around waiting, but what can you do?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by drcapp View Post
    Hope for the best, expect the worse. Consider that the state of the economy is in a recession and everyone is gunning for a job. People are applying more than ever so naturally there is going to be more competition. More competition means a larger applicant pool where they would have to go through all the 105 to 80 scores just to reach the 70's. My advice to you is apply whenever the next announcement opens up (assume 79 isn't gonna cut it) and do your best. This past year (up to March '09), CBP was on a hiring binge and people were getting TO's within a month or two of getting their NOR's. It was commonplace to see applicants nationwide being sent to FLETC after only being in the process for 6 months. My old co-worker, went from testing to academy in 4 months.

TSU lines are presently holding people from February/March dates. Heck, I'm still waiting for a TO for CA-SF/OAK from this past April announcement and I scored a 100 (currently in TSU for CA-SW Border). Sure, TO's were still being passed out to critical need areas around the country, but you couldn't tell by looking around here. Until the talking heads get their priorities straight and pass our budget, I don't see much movement going on anytime soon.

Hopefully I'm wrong, for sanity's sake. It would be nice to see someone, anyone get a call to lift spirits around here.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barnaj View Post
    Yeah i originally scored a 90 back in '06 and have used that score ever since. 90 is a great score for Michigan, as i got a t.o. in a matter of a few weeks.
    I've been sitting on a 90 for 6 months now waiting for a TO for JFK.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by barnaj View Post
    Start your OCS selection packet! No word from your adjudicator yet? Weren't you told two weeks ago to expect something last week?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolts56 View Post
    Start your OCS selection packet! No word from your adjudicator yet? Weren't you told two weeks ago to expect something last week?
    Nah, well she said that they were in the process of getting a bunch a flies back from the sups and "hopefully" i'd hear something soon. That could mean another year!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by imlikeaninja View Post
    I've been sitting on a 90 for 6 months now waiting for a TO for JFK.
    Sitting on a 100 since this past April's announcement too. Out of curiosity, if you got the call for NY-Other, would you take it? I'm currently in TSU for CA-SW Border, but unfortunately, my priorities have changed since then. Here's hoping our TO's come before the call!

Forum Member

I'm a fellow San Diego TSU'er. Are you changing your geo preference because you were hoping for the call sooner or did you just decide you wanted to be in the Bay Area, closer to Sac? I imagine that vacant positions at Otay, SD, San Ysidro or Tecate will pop up soon. But when I got to TSU in July I told the wife I would be EODing by September, so I know nothing.

**Nevermind, you just answered in the previous post**

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtless View Post
    Sitting on a 100 since this past April's announcement too. Out of curiosity, if you got the call for NY-Other, would you take it? I'm currently in TSU for CA-SW Border, but unfortunately, my priorities have changed since then. Here's hoping our TO's come before the call!
    As things stand now If I got the call for NY other I would have to turn it down. The only reason I'm keeping it active is just in case s--t really,really hits the fan. Other than that its no longer an option for me and my family.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsawille View Post
    Well today is day 99. I guess I go get a beer tomorrow to celebrate the lack of progress. Or maybe I'll just cry to myself
    HAPPY 100th DAY!!!!!
    Congrats on 100 days and counting!!!!

Forum Member
    HAPPY 100th DAY!!!!!
    Congrats on 100 days and counting!!!!

You guys should feel lucky to be in TSU. I have a feeling when they start making calls to set up 2010 classes, a ton of calls will go out and most of you will probably get a slot.