Like Tree5912Likes

Thread: CBP officer

Forum Member

im 224- 7/25.. ill see you there
    Iczer5 likes this.
    CBPO

Forum Member

Eleven months and my background investigation is still pending... That's okay. I've got a full summer!
    Gek.

Forum Member

CBPO
    GEO: SWB
    Test - July 2011 (98 w/out vet points)
    NOR - never got one
    TSL - September 2011
    Qualifications - GS-7
    PFT1- Passed
    VBT & S.I. - Passed
    B.I. - Passed
    Poly - Didn't take one
    Medical- some medical issues but finally cleared (06/15/2012)
    Drug Test - Passed
    PFT2 - 06/29/2012
    EOD - El Paso (07/16/2012)
    Fletc- 08/17/2012 - 12/31/2012

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting View Post
    Eleven months and my background investigation is still pending... That's okay. I've got a full summer!
    Second that Drifting, 11 months and counting! Getting close to a year though. Called IA last week and was told that my adjudicator worked on my BI last April. Repeatedly said it was a month ago so I'm going to take that as towards the end of Aprl. She then stated that could mean its nearing completion and I should call again this week. Well if you know the way this process has gone it could mean nearing completion, could also mean still needs some more work or maybe they are using my BI to find the fountain of youth in South America haha. Who knows being worked on last April could mean ANYTHING! Your right though, the way I see it I'll get this summer to enjoy and then get the call. Don't get me wrong, I'd leave in a heart beat if I got the call tomorrow!
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vrom04 View Post
    CBPO
    GEO: SWB
    Test - July 2011 (98 w/out vet points)
    NOR - never got one
    TSL - September 2011
    Qualifications - GS-7
    PFT1- Passed
    VBT & S.I. - Passed
    B.I. - Passed
    Poly - Didn't take one
    Medical- some medical issues but finally cleared (06/15/2012)
    Drug Test - Passed
    PFT2 - 06/29/2012
    EOD - El Paso (07/16/2012)
    Fletc- 08/17/2012 - 12/31/2012
    Thanks Vrom, greatly appreciated. When did you BI clear? Recently?
    List#2XX 5/2013

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Hope that's not true.
    IamWolf and Shark like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chriscoff7c@gmail View Post
    Its over folks, just got off the phone with my cousin who is in DC working on BI's for CBP.
    The budget is beyond shot and they are not sending anyone to the academy till Q2 2014.
    There will be several classes filled by the end of the year and thats it.
    She said if CBP could lay people off they would. THey have way too many ports with too man employees and some with not enough - but traffic is way way way down.
    Same with the USBP, they are not hiring till Q4 2013.

Look at local agencies and ATF
    well with the mass hiring and high demand of people they are bringing in by the end of this year, i dont see why they would need to do another hiring after this anyway

Forum Member

Its over folks, just got off the phone with my cousin who is in DC working on BI's for CBP.
    The budget is beyond shot and they are not sending anyone to the academy till Q2 2014.
    She said if CBP could lay people off they would. THey have way too many ports with too man employees and some with not enough - but traffic is way way way down.

Its that 's true, Why the application is still open? let see. Anyways, we cannot stop our lives, I decided to continue moving on, if they call me good if not, I will see. I have family and I cannot do everything depends of my application. Good luck to me and to you guys... Maybe that is no true
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:12/10
    TSl: 5/11
    Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
    Met BI:1/12
    VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
    Drug Test:04/12 Passed
    Qual:cleared 3/12
    Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
    PFT2:
    EOD:

Forum Member

So for people that got TOs this year you don't believe they'll be sent to FLETC until 2014?! Boy I hope you're wrong.
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Its that 's true, Why the application is still open? let see. Anyways, we cannot stop our lives, I decided to continue moving on, if they call me good if not, I will see. I have family and I cannot do everything depends of my application. Good luck to me and to you guys... Maybe that is no true
    Even better question why did they extend it? I've also read that in AZ alone they are expanding two ports with an eye on expanding a third and Atlanta just expanded aswell. They are going to need officers for those ports. Not to mention that during the hiring freeze that only stopped last year, they lost a ton of officers to attrition. If you speak to any officer at most ports they are down people and need help.
    Shark likes this.
    List#2XX 5/2013

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rms16 View Post
    Even better question why did they extend it? I've also read that in AZ alone they are expanding two ports with an eye on expanding a third and Atlanta just expanded aswell. They are going to need officers for those ports. Not to mention that during the hiring freeze that only stopped last year, they lost a ton of officers to attrition. If you speak to any officer at most ports they are down people and need help.
    We can add even more... What about the new NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) approved? this will add more transit to all ports of entry. Who knows, as we see in this process, no everything has sense for us because we don't know the procedures...
    Rms16 likes this.
    PFT2:
    EOD:

Forum Member

That is definitely not correct.
    CTM045, IamWolf, Rms16 and 2 others like this.
    CBPO
    TO - 05/08 JFK
    EOD - 12/05/2011

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moeie586 View Post
    well with the mass hiring and high demand of people they are bringing in by the end of this year, i dont see why they would need to do another hiring after this anyway
    Mass hiring?

I doubt they've covered actual attrition with the hiring practices over the last 2 years. Regardless, it could only be viewed as 'mass hiring' if one conveniently ignores the past practice of hiring 2500-3000 people per year.

FWIW, the current attrition rate is around 4%. Basically they need to hire roughly 800 people each year just to break even.
    Rms16 and Shark like this.

Forum Member

Class 221
    Leaving for FLETC 6/19
    Wish me luck!

Forum Member

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The announcement has been extended twice already. Also why would they send out TSL's to people (myself included) if all the steps like medical and BI will expire after a year. You are talking two years before they would go to the academy. Now I can see if you meant to say that there will not be another announcement after this one closes until 2014, but not sending anymore people to the academy after this september is a ridiculous statement IMO. I am also in the hiring process for the local PD so if somehow this was ridiculously true then I would stick with local PD (if hired) until CBP calls. I wouldn't get to bent out of shape over this statement....lol
    APSigma likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rms16 View Post
    Thanks Vrom, greatly appreciated. When did you BI clear? Recently?
    To be honest I can't remember I believe it cleared around October or November of last year. My B.I. process only took about a month to clear but I had no criminal history and a short credit history plus the investigator was really cool.
    IamWolf likes this.

Forum Member
    I haven't done my PFT1 but I'm scheduled for my VBT at the end of the month. I was called to do the PFT1 and told them about my recent surgery and never heard from them again... The lady said she would call back and it's been about 2 weeks. I should've done the PFT1 because all that was scaring was doing 20 pushups and now I see that the minimum is 12. I can do about 10 even though my shoulder still needs some more healing.
    CBPO Exam: 3/29/2012
    NOR: 88 (No Vet Points)
    Geo: SWB
    TSL2: 5/17/2012
    PFT 1: --- Called on 5/31/12 and told them about my recent surgery.
    Was contacted again on 6/1/12 and was told to expect a call about the next steps soon... ? -__-
    VBT: 6/26/2012

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bhov97 View Post
    Class 221
    Leaving for FLETC 6/19
    Wish me luck!
    You'll be fine, just be safe... good luck officer...
    bhov97 likes this.
    PFT2:
    EOD:

Forum Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    This has got to be the funniest post I have seen here.....

So wrong for so many reasons.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JStylez80 View Post
    Does anybody know if they're ever going to hire for the San Francisco/ Oakland area? I've been sitting in TSU for over 120 days now. I retook the test on April 21st of this year and applied for the SWB. Until I get a new TSL for the retake I'm stuck in TSU via my old application from back in 2008.
    Seems we share the same timeline. My original is Nov 2008 for SFO/OAK.
    Test: November 2008
    TO: 12/26/08
    Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
    VBT 1/21/09-completed
    Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
    Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
    Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
    BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
    TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Forum Member

2 more weeks for me at FLETC.

Cant wait to get my butt out of here. Whoever is excited to come to FLETC he's heading for a rude awakening
    afftont likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by xtrider View Post
    2 more weeks for me at FLETC.

Cant wait to get my butt out of here. Whoever is excited to come to FLETC he's heading for a rude awakening
    lol its not even that bad. stop being so dramatic.

attention future trainees: fletc is not that bad. taj has its good things and so do the crack houses. food gets old at about the 2 month mark. if you're lucky then you'll have some good classmates and everyone will get along. your classmates turn into brothers so of course you won't get along 100% of the time BUT...thats what pt is for and when you put the pads on then throw some blows and blow off steam.

BRING YOUR CAR IF POSSIBLE!!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amillot View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    This has got to be the funniest post I have seen here.....

So wrong for so many reasons.
    I think the "She said if CBP could lay off people they would" was the funniest. My port is only able to replace about 1 out of every 3 that retirees tight now. It is just as short handed in other places too. People maxing out on OT, being mandated OT on a weekly basis. And you think they can or would lay people off?
    CBPO
    TO - 05/08 JFK
    EOD - 12/05/2011

Forum Member

Received my Qual letter for GS-07! Still waiting on my BI and Medical to clear, and to schedule a drug test.
    afftont likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbill2442 View Post
    lol its not even that bad. stop being so dramatic.

attention future trainees: fletc is not that bad. taj has its good things and so do the crack houses. food gets old at about the 2 month mark. if you're lucky then you'll have some good classmates and everyone will get along. your classmates turn into brothers so of course you won't get along 100% of the time BUT...thats what pt is for and when you put the pads on then throw some blows and blow off steam.

BRING YOUR CAR IF POSSIBLE!!
    what class are u in??

its horrible.