Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prison Talk Online

I've been lurking at Prison Talk Online it's a forum for families of inmates. In reading these post the one thing that sticks out in my mind is the unwillingness of these family members to hold their inmate responsible for the situation he is in. There is a constant whine about everything from the visitation policy to "My other son is the one who committed the crime, but the DA don't wanna hear that" LOL, guess she wants to trade one son's freedom for the other.

I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised by the attitudes at this site. After all if the inmates had any sense of responsibility they wouldn't be in prison to begin with. There are even a few who claim to be officers posting here, IMO this could be borderline undue familiarity.

Just thought some of you may enjoy reading these post some of which could be talking about you at your facility.
    So lets go lurk and post our most outrages post by a family member here.
    Be sure you're right, then go ahead
    Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
    If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

No Longer Active
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowles
    I've been lurking at Prison Talk Online it's a forum for families of inmates. In reading these post the one thing that sticks out in my mind is the unwillingness of these family members to hold their inmate responsible for the situation he is in. There is a constant whine about everything from the visitation policy to "My other son is the one who committed the crime, but the DA don't wanna hear that" LOL, guess she wants to trade one son's freedom for the other.

I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised by the attitudes at this site. After all if the inmates had any sense of responsibility they wouldn't be in prison to begin with. There are even a few who claim to be officers posting here, IMO this could be borderline undue familiarity.

Just thought some of you may enjoy reading these post some of which could be talking about you at your facility.
    So lets go lurk and post our most outrages post by a family member here.

This is a pretty good post here. A bit harsh, but I must agree that prison guards should have the opportunity to become better educated

Free Fall
    Lonesome & Onery Join Date: Jun 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by laChoola
    Also, those in law enforcement, prison guards, etc., tend to be people with ego problems, identidy issues, self-esteem issues, and bullying tendacies. Now they have found a place where they can get away with hurting people, and the "brotherhood of silence" allows it to continue.

Choola

Your average police officer or prison guard, isn't that well educated, I've found them to be ignorant bullies. Chances are there isn't much else they could do other than flip burgers or be janitors, so they choose some thing that gives them the authority they would otherwise never have.

Many of them were in the military, which again is full of young men and women who have little option but to sign up...again better than flippin burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by My Gluttony
    Many of them were in the military, which again is full of young men and women who have little option but to sign up...again better than flippin burgers.[/B]
    Yeh, about $85K a year better than flipping burgers!

I go to that site all the time. I find it funny how all of the inmates are "innocent". Pathetic.
    Noise Check!

Vic Mackey was my Training Officer

BillP
    Quote Originally Posted by PRIME EVIL
    I go to that site all the time. I find it funny how all of the inmates are "innocent". Pathetic.
    Don't you know that all of them really are innocent?

They all had incompetent lawyers, crooked judges and politically motivated DA's working against them. Not to mention that the laws of society should not apply to them, for they are special.

They are just being held, against their will, to keep CO's employed. It is all part of the grand plan to oppress the man.

Geez......been reading way too much of that crap already.

Quote Originally Posted by BillP
    Don't you know that all of them really are innocent?

They all had incompetent lawyers, crooked judges and politically motivated DA's working against them. Not to mention that the laws of society should not apply to them, for they are special.

They are just being held, against their will, to keep CO's employed. It is all part of the grand plan to oppress the man.

Geez......been reading way too much of that crap already.

*****13 1/2*****
    Davy Crockett

Forum Member
    Oddly enough, in the few years I have had behind the wire, the strangest thing I ever ran into was the high percentage of inmates in prison who will own right up to what put them in here, with ONE HUGE exception - the SOs, the Sex Offenders. Yeah, right, she said she was eighteen....
    Most of your GP inmates, at least the ones I have met, will say, "Yeah, I killed the guy/robbed the joint/burned down the apartment building, that was me." Actually, I do know one inmate who confirmed all three above at once....he is doing natural life.
    I think I stumbled on that inmate love site a while ago, and it's enough to gag a maggot.

TacEMT783
    I have seen this site too I found it odd that it was set up alot like O.com makes you wonder if they run both sites....

This is a pretty good post here. A bit harsh, but I must agree that prison guards should have the opportunity to become better educated

Free Fall

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Also, those in law enforcement, prison guards, etc., tend to be people with ego problems, identidy issues, self-esteem issues, and bullying tendacies. Now they have found a place where they can get away with hurting people, and the "brotherhood of silence" allows it to continue.

Choola

Your average police officer or prison guard, isn't that well educated, I've found them to be ignorant bullies. Chances are there isn't much else they could do other than flip burgers or be janitors, so they choose some thing that gives them the authority they would otherwise never have.

Many of them were in the military, which again is full of young men and women who have little option but to sign up...again better than flippin burgers.

LoL, what an *** clown.
    "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Forum Member
    Free Fall

Quote:

Choola

Well, I guess then that we are entitled to a little compassion and respect, since we have all of these problems and disorders. Where are our programs for rehabilitation into the human family? Where are the focus groups, the university study projects? Where are the education programs for us, so that we too can develope marketable skills and stay out of those evil law enforcement and national defense institutions? Why are we not given a chance to redeem ourselves by these "Enlightened Ones?" Why are we discriminated against by criminals and their advocates, for characteristics which we didn't choose and have no control over?
    "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Forum Member
    Hey, can we get the ACLU to recognize us as a minority, persecuted with hate crimes?

Forum Member
    It certainly sounds like we should be!
    "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx dla4079's Avatar

Good Grief

Don't need to go there to here family whine about their convict. I get enough of that during the week-ends in visitation, lol. I actually had a wife of a convict call me one day at the unit demanding to know how I could have concluded that her husband was a gang member. DEMANDED, not just asked. I just informed her that my evidence was all the gang TATTOO's covering him from head to toe, and oh did I mention the GANG BY-LAWS I had found in his possession? She informed me that I would talk to her lawyer, I gave her a bit of advise, "Don't hire the one she hired to defend him. He wasn't that good."

BillP
    Quote Originally Posted by dla4079
    I gave her a bit of advise, "Don't hire the one she hired to defend him. He wasn't that good."
    See! Proof positive that he was innocent, and the system is out to get him. He had an ineffective lawyer. No doubt the Judge was corrupt and the DA prejudiced too.

Sheeesh.

After ten years I have had a total of two convicts admit they were completely guilty of the crimes they were convicted of.

One killed a dude when he was 17 who had raped his sister and made no bones about it at all. He was doing 20-40 for it.

Other one was drunk, had a fight with his girlfriend, proceeded to go outside and use his .44 to ventilate her trailer, with her in it. Didn't kill her, but she was hit and he was doing alot of time for it.

Other than that it was always someone else, an ineffective lawyer, corrupt Judge or prejudiced DA. And the witnesses and vicitims always lied.

Yep, just think....all those poor innocent convicts suffering so knuckledraggers dont have to flip burgers.

Hey, ya know if some of those poor innocent convicts had tried flippin burgers than perhaps that discussion group would not be needed.

Too much rant today. I need to go fishin'.

I need to go fishin'.

Sounds like a plan, lets go!
    Davy Crockett

Liberal Libertarian??? Arkansas Red's Avatar

Hey, ya know if some of those poor innocent convicts had tried flippin burgers than perhaps that discussion group would not be needed.

It's funny cause when I look up inmates to get info for a report it seems that about 95% of the inmates I have looked up have "fast food" or "unemployed" for job.

lol, I knew someone who had a job once.
    Davy Crockett

Liberal Libertarian??? Arkansas Red's Avatar
    LOL, it's always, "Hey Post can I get the sports page?" "Hey Post can I get the comics?" but yet never, "Hey Post can I get the classifieds employment section?"

but what do I know I got my job cause I got an ego problem that came from my time in the Army...

Forum Member

prison talk online

I have been on the site some also.
    although I stay away from the main board (I have a decent gag reflex-
    but somethings I can not do.)
    I do go the the NC forem and folks actually ask questions and
    have a good attitute about policy. some dont of course
    but it isnt bad, I dont get caught up in a lot of stuff but if someone
    has a actual question about what different custodys are
    I tell em. stuff like that.
    but like a say I stay out of the main board.
    "oh my baby is sooo cute when he got my name tattood on his arm"
    then you look the perp up and he cut three people up.
    shesh

I can't view it at all :/ I get that there's a problem loading the page that it's taking too long and timing out

EDCF_COI

[EDIT] O.com and that site aren't related lol just thought I would look and see.
    Last edited by EDCF_COI; 07-07-2006 at 08:00 PM.

Forum Member
    Yes, it's quite a large database. That ol' dial-up connection just won't cut it.

Aaaaah yet another complaint about my phone company lol.

Forum Member
    Tell us some Kansas DOC tales.

What's the agency's reaction to the new concealed carry law?

There hasn't been one? By state law we are allowed to Carry Concealed due to the fact that we are by definition Sworn Law Enforcement Officers, it's always been the DOC's policy that we are not allowed. As far as getting a permit as a private individual, I honestly don't know what the DOC would say, I know at my facility if you do something your not supposed to outside of work it gets back to the Warden usually before you get to work the next day. (Smallish Town)

Forum Member
    I know of three states, Oklahoma, Texas, and Missouri, who's law allows concealed weapons permitholders to carry firearms inside their vehicles, in prison and jail parking lots. I haven't studied the new Kansas law yet, so I don't know if it allows it or not. If it does, do you see Kansas DOC prohibiting the practice for employees as a condition of employment?

Wouldn't that be something? "Babymama" being legal to store her pistol in her car while visiting "Babydaddy" in a Kansas state prison while "Babydaddykeeper" can't without getting fired?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast