Forum Member

any thoughts on fanny pack holsters?

And I dont need to know how awesome fanny packs are!!

Conservator of the Forum
    I personally like them for the summer time when I'm wearing shorts, but they SCREAM "POLICE."

Forum Member

personally... if I see them on anyone below 60 who is male I think "gun"... nice idea, but just too obvious. I think most of the public wouldn't notice, but the 1%'ers sure would (or anyone actively observing their surroundings - ie; not the general public)

Forum Member

It's just like people you see walking around wearing photographers' vests. Unless they've got a Canon and a tripod, they're packin'.
    Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Forum Member

Fanny Pak Holsters

Banned on my job.

Forum Member

Nothing says "Im a cop" like a fanny pack and a hawaiian shirt.

Forum Member
    Have you ever took a hard look at someone wearing a fanny pack and thought to yourself, "wow, what a dork"? Now, does it make him any less of dork knowing he has a gun in there?
    "We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." - Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead

Getting paid to play!
    ONLY in the summer when wearing shorts, but in general I cannot stand them. As others have said SCREAMS POLICE.
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KY PO
    Have you ever took a hard look at someone wearing a fanny pack and thought to yourself, "wow, what a dork"? Now, does it make him any less of dork knowing he has a gun in there?
    I agree! A dork with a gun.

chat01

You guys cant tell me that this aint got "MoJo" written all over it....

Forum Member

Jeez,

That is completely horrible. Maybe some of you guys are older, but I am 26 with a little over 6 years on the job and there is no way that I could see myself walking around with a fanny pack. Ever. If I had a medical condition that required me to carry around various medicines, I would still not carry them in a fanny pack.

Conservator of the Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by southladeputy
    Jeez,

That is completely horrible. Maybe some of you guys are older, but I am 26 with a little over 6 years on the job and there is no way that I could see myself walking around with a fanny pack. Ever. If I had a medical condition that required me to carry around various medicines, I would still not carry them in a fanny pack.
    It also depends what part of the country you live in. I'm not sure where in Louisiana you live, but I wouldn't think a fanny pack is a piece attire fit for the bayous. However, it does fit in in more cosmopolitan areas, especially in the summer.

When you're wearing a t-shirt and shorts with an elastic waist band (athletic type), it's pretty much either carry your gun in a fanny pack or a belly band.

Forum Member
    I think I would rather try Thunderwear or SmartCarry before I'd go for the fannypack.
    "We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." - Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead

No Longer Active

If a fanny pack is good enough for Napoleon Dynamite, it is good enough for me

Forum Member

Wow,

Hogboy is back.

No Longer Active

Quote Originally Posted by locke1419
    Wow,

Hogboy is back.

Yes, I appealed to the good people at officer.com and I pointed out that *I* was the victim of the abuse and vulgarity. They said I was suspended for my "questionable" statistics about volunteer firemen being arsonists. In the future, I will make sure I back my statements with more accurate stats and internet links They gave me a one week suspension and now I am back.

I did not mean to offend any jail guards or volunteer firemen, but I was just trying to educate everyone

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoldBadge
    It also depends what part of the country you live in. I'm not sure where in Louisiana you live, but I wouldn't think a fanny pack is a piece attire fit for the bayous. However, it does fit in in more cosmopolitan areas, especially in the summer.

When you're wearing a t-shirt and shorts with an elastic waist band (athletic type), it's pretty much either carry your gun in a fanny pack or a belly band.

Tie the shorts tight and use a inside the waist band holster. Works for me. I agree that there is no way I could wear a fanny pack.
    "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Conservator of the Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by mattph4716
    Tie the shorts tight and use a inside the waist band holster. Works for me.
    Bro, I don't know if I can tie it tight enough to support a Sig 229 or even a Glock 27. If you can do it, God bless.

Annoyed, amazed & amused!

Adults Only reply - not a joke!

I desperately have to break my waist pouch/fanny pack habit. Not because it's dorkey, which it is, but for another reason.

Load up a pouch/pack with everything I put in it: wallet, checkbook, cuffs, Leatherman tool, and the S&W 3913 with two extra mags. Now I sit down in my personal car, in a restaurant, or walk with it in the mall. How many pounds is now resting on top of "Mr. Happy" , or worse, bouncing on him when I'm walking and the pack is at the front?

I'm worried there may have been some real damage done after 20 years of fanny/waist pack wear. And yes, I'm serious!
    "Many times, I have thoughts and feelings which can only be expressed through dance!" - Bender, Futurama

"Ranking right up there with 'No good deed goes unpunished' are:

'Sooner or later, we just might outlive our usefulness to others' and...

'Sometimes it's very possible to push the most loving and loyal person, beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t'"
    - Yours truly

No Longer Active

Quote Originally Posted by Kieth M.
    I desperately have to break my waist pouch/fanny pack habit. Not because it's dorkey, which it is, but for another reason.

Load up a pouch/pack with everything I put in it: wallet, checkbook, cuffs, Leatherman tool, and the S&W 3913 with two extra mags. Now I sit down in my personal car, in a restaurant, or walk with it in the mall. How many pounds is now resting on top of "Mr. Happy" , or worse, bouncing on him when I'm walking and the pack is at the front?

I'm worried there may have been some real damage done after 20 years of fanny/waist pack wear. And yes, I'm serious!

Maybe you could cut a hole in the back of it. I'll bet you would never leave the house without it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hogboy
    Maybe you could cut a hole in the back of it. I'll bet you would never leave the house without it

Or keep his hands out of it.
    "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Annoyed, amazed & amused!
    I knew I could count on you guys for sympathy.

I know there will never be a telethon for guys suffering from my ailment, but I have to ask why it is that you don't suffer the same slice of pain....oh wait, I get it, you have to measure up to a certain minimum size to get hurt, I'm so sorry.
    "Many times, I have thoughts and feelings which can only be expressed through dance!" - Bender, Futurama

"Ranking right up there with 'No good deed goes unpunished' are:

'Sooner or later, we just might outlive our usefulness to others' and...

'Sometimes it's very possible to push the most loving and loyal person, beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t'"
    - Yours truly

chat01
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieth M.
    I knew I could count on you guys for sympathy.

I know there will never be a telethon for guys suffering from my ailment, but I have to ask why it is that you don't suffer the same slice of pain....oh wait, I get it, you have to measure up to a certain minimum size to get hurt, I'm so sorry.
    Hey Kieth,

They do have this model available if the standard Fanny pack is giving you fits.......
    Last edited by chat01; 04-11-2006 at 03:52 PM.

Hawkeye Pride
    Carried a fanny pack for a couple of years until I took a "Off Duty Encounters" class. Never carried it again.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
    Ronald Reagan

Forum Member

I've been carrying for over 30 years, both on-duty and off, and i've never cared for a fanny pack, I use a Galco CCP for the .45, previous was Bianchi Shadow, or uncle Mikes paddle, with a belt, and If I go to the beach and wear something other than Levis, I put the kahr MK .40 in a pocket holster.