Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Haircut

Forum Member

Haircut

I need to get a haircut for the academy...what is the best style to get. What do the troopers typically have? Is that a high and tight? I need it basically really REALLY short on top and shaved sides so I am guessing thats high and tight..but not sure!

Forum Member
    Really short on top and shaved on the sides is a high and tight. http://www.crewcut.com/joc/assets/im...85hnt4_300.jpg
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Forum Member
    When I went through the academy, I "buzzed" my hair. Went into the barber, said, #2 please. Buzzed my entire head, did that about 2 or 3 more times to keep it short for the duration of the academy, when I was done, back to normal.

Forum Member

Lowest setting the buzzer can go. We have to have our heads buzzed atleast twice a week. Most guys bic their heads. We can start growing it out about 4 weeks before graduation.

This Can't Be!
    A red house in a red county in a red state in a red country
    Quote Originally Posted by shsabres
    I need to get a haircut for the academy...what is the best style to get. What do the troopers typically have? Is that a high and tight? I need it basically really REALLY short on top and shaved sides so I am guessing thats high and tight..but not sure!
    You ain't got a hair on your *** unless you show up with a reverse mohawk, baby.

Seriously, it really doesn't matter, but a campaign hat just don't look right unles it sits on skin and skull. Most of us wore it either shaved or high and tight. Just remember - skin and skull.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Forum Member

No Hair!!

Quote Originally Posted by shsabres
    When I went through the academy, I showed up on the first day with my head buzzed. I believe it was the lowest setting on the clippers. As we were standing in roll call, I had one of my TAC officers appraoch me and tell me my hair was too long. He was completely bald and stated that evey male in our class would be bald by the next day if we wanted to return. It was like that all the way through graduation.

Forum Member

Dude.

Sorry Bros, But High And Tights Were Good In 1992.

Get Clippers, Shave Your Head To Where It Looks Like You Have "scruff".

Repeat Every Couple Of Days. Actually Looks Cool.

Good Luck.

You Don't Need To Look Like A Cop When Your Off Duty.

Forum Member

If you have a healthy head of hair, let it grow when you get out of the academy. Go with a cut that has some style as long as it is neat and short enough. I can't understand why most cops keep the "high and tight", or shave completely after the academy. Do you really want to look like a cop 24/7?

B86
    Forum Member

Talking

Yes!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Flat top.Not military style.Not shaved on the sides but short.Easy to maintain,hard to find a good flat top barber though!!
    FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Forum Member

Short Short Short!!! Because if your academy is anything like most, you will have 45 min to shower from PT and eat lunch.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. May God have mercy on your soul."

Megaforce
    It's weird...if you watch COPS, most of the guys have real short cuts (and many have the good ol' high-n-tight). But I did a ride-along with a 106 officer dept. the other night and felt like odd man out with mine. Seriously, only one of the male officers had a buzz cut--the rest were just regular. So I guess it just depends on personal preference. Also, in the town this was in, there's a large "military" population, so white wall haircuts are very commonplace.

Not a "wanna be" anymore!
    I saw an officer the other day with prettier hair than I have - and I'm a girl! He also had manicured nails - clear polish and all. A seargent. Dunno how that works.

Anyway, any suggestions for girls? Er... women? I mean, I want to fit in as much as possible, but a ponytail just doesn't look polished enough for me. I guess a braid?

This is such a girlie post for me. Sorry!

Sherri

Forum Member

You can't go wrong with a mullet. The instructors will love the business in the front look and your class mates will know you are a partier when they are behind you.
    "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

thats awesome...a mullet.

No Longer Active

get a 2- guard or a 3- guard buzz. The sweat will bead up between the hairs and cool your head

Any shorter than that and the sweat will just roll off your head into your eyes and you will get sunburned

If you have an "idiot roll" that looks like a pack of ball park franks on the back of your neck, ask the barber to shave that area because "idiot rolls" always look cool on a cop. I have a triple "idiot roll" and I am one of the collest loking cops on my department. I know a guy with a four pack, but his upper roll is bigger than his lower rolls and it supposed to be the other way around

'

Forum Member
    Man compared to you guys I'm a hippie....I use a 1 guard on the sides with a gradual fade up and just scissored cut on top.

Wink

No opinions on girls' hair?

It's ok. Guess I'll have to G.I. Jane it.

Sherri

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by popowannabe
    No opinions on girls' hair?

It's ok. Guess I'll have to G.I. Jane it.

Sherri
    You should go with the fem-mullet.....also a classic
    "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by popowannabe
    I saw an officer the other day with prettier hair than I have - and I'm a girl! He also had manicured nails - clear polish and all. A seargent. Dunno how that works.

Anyway, any suggestions for girls? Er... women? I mean, I want to fit in as much as possible, but a ponytail just doesn't look polished enough for me. I guess a braid?

This is such a girlie post for me. Sorry!

Sherri
    Hell women always want to be equal to men at the work place, why not go with a high and tight?
    '' All people has the right to remain silent, they just dont have the ability"

Equal - but not the same. Men and women are different. Weird!!! I wanna be counted on the same as my male counterpart. But I know I'll have my limitations strength-wise. I can make up for it in other ways. Is it an academy trained move to distract the BG with cleavage? LOL! Crap. I'd need to buy some anyway.

Maybe I should go for a mullet. With a rat tail. Nah, I'd fit in too much in my little hometown.

Sherri

Forum Member

The shorter it is, the harder it is to pull.

Where the head goeth, the body will follow. D.T. 102

As for the girl cut... Go Butch all the way. It'll help keep the young stud muffins at bay at a time when you'll have NO room in your life for stud muffins.

Forum Member

I'll admit, I have a faux hawk. Zero at the bottom faded to a 1.5" growth I turn into a mini mohawk. Helps off duty because everybody thinks I'm just an average gutter punk.

This Can't Be!
    A red house in a red county in a red state in a red country
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogboy
    If you have an "idiot roll" that looks like a pack of ball park franks on the back of your neck, ask the barber to shave that area because "idiot rolls" always look cool on a cop. I have a triple "idiot roll" and I am one of the collest loking cops on my department. I know a guy with a four pack, but his upper roll is bigger than his lower rolls and it supposed to be the other way around
    Gotta hand it to you, Hogboy, I never heard of the "BallPark Franks" thing. . God Almighty that was funny. Good for five minutes

I guess it's funny cuz...well...I got ma triple myself

'[/QUOTE]
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Forum Member

i thought the female equivalent of the mullet was the hair that had the crimper put to it.. remember the 80's? or poofy bangs.

keep mine around a # 2 or # 3, depends on how hot or cold it is. i keep mine short not to look like a cop 24/7 but it's just so much easier to deal with. our dept. policy is the length of the hair can not exceed 1 1/2 inches on men. women's can't be past the shoulders or something.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last