Page 1 of 369 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... Last
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: New York State Police

Forum Member

New York State Police

Haven't heard anything regarding the NYS processing for the next upcoming class and wanted to start a thread so all interested can keep inform. Where is everyone as far as processing? I'm still waiting to hear from a b.i. waiting patiently.

Forum Member

talked to my BI already... he's doing his thing on my background. I'm waiting on him to be done and waiting on my polygraph..

the academy claas is scheduled to start in mid april so that gives BIs plenty of time to get theur report done on background investigations

Forum Member

I believe that my background update was completed just before Thanksgiving. I

Forum Member

I hope to see all of you guys in april

I've heard a few troopers and investigaitors say that the brass is pushing for this class to be filled...

so hopefully thats good news for us

can't wait to see us all in grey and purple

gray riders all the way

Forum Member
    Glad to see life again on these threads as far as the NYSP processing goes.

RGratton,

Sucks feeling like your life is on hold, trust me i know how you feel! I too will start back into the pting again next month, as longs as your are layered up, running in the cold is not too bad (the folks up in the albany do it almost daily). Did your bi call and tell you that your update was done? Wondering how that is communicated to candidates (different b.i. have their own styles)

NYSPGreg,

Hope we all make it to the april class, the waiting in itself is a challenge but its part of the game.............Good luck to you both.
    Last edited by Troophopeful; 11-27-2005 at 01:16 AM.

Forum Member

indeed the waiting game is the hardest... but I've compared the NYSP selection process with many other agencies and trust me guys it's not all that bad for us as we've gone thru the biggest part which was the processing weekend in albany

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troophopeful
    Sucks feeling like your life is on hold, trust me i know how you feel! I too will start back into the pting again next month, as longs as your are layered up, running in the cold is not too bad (the folks up in the albany do it almost daily). Did your bi call and tell you that your update was done? Wondering how that is communicated to candidates (different b.i. have their own styles)
    Waiting is a bummer, but there is no doubt in my mind that it is worth it. Besides, the April class will miss any bad weather

I

Forum Member
    Thanks for the info RG.
    Enjoy the running, those must be some large halls

[QUOTE=RGratton]Waiting is a bummer, but there is no doubt in my mind that it is worth it. Besides, the April class will miss any bad weather

I

marine@2

Nysp

My Bi Is Just About Finish With My Background Investigation And I Hope To See You Guys In The April's Academy Class.

Forum Member

you're the guy from florida charles told me about.... lucky bastard u got to do your background interview, psychological and poly all within a few days...

but thats good that they accomodated you because you're from fla

hope to see you in april

Forum Member
    Randall,

Nice to be able to knock off a few birds with one stone.

Now the waiting continues.

Guys, what’s everyone opinion on when medical invites will be out?

Looking at past timelines my opinion is that letters should be out by the last week of January.

marine@2

That Is True I Had My First Bi Interview On The 9th Of Nov At 9am And Then I Had My Psych Interview At 2:45pm The Same Day. On Nov The 10th I Had My Polygraph Exam In Farmingdale Li. My Bi Has Been A Fair A Straight Up Guy And I Really Appreciate That From Him. All He Asked From Me Is To Be Completely Honest With Him That's What I've Done And So Far Everything Is Going Positive For Me And My Family.

Forum Member

does any one know, or have any ideas of when the next up coming nys trooper test is? thanks,
    Derrick

Forum Member
    According to the information posted on the official NYSP website, the next exam most likely will take place late 2007.

Forum Member

Waiting to hear from my BI..

I got a letter a couple weeks ago telling me I am still alive in the process and that I will hear from my BI sometime. Waiting, waiting, waiting. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do another x-mas in retail. By the way did any of you guys have your BI switched on you last time.

Cherub of Justice

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Troophopeful
    According to the information posted on the official NYSP website, the next exam most likely will take place late 2007.
    Certainly don't expect one before 2007.

The current class is up to about 3500. The last list went to 10700. So we have a ways to go on the current list yet.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Forum Member

Met with BI today.

I met with my BI today. Nothing has changed in the last 6 months for me and he said he will finish his report today after he speaks to my g/f. To all those getting updated my BI said that just the fact that they are updating you is a very good sign that they still want you. If not you would have already been dismissed. Good luck to all.

Forum Member

Nysp

My background investigator is just finishing up my update as well.

Just FYI: Greatest invention for running...besides running shoes.... MP3 player! Just got one as an early Christmas present. Took me a couple nights at work to figure it out, but it really pumps me up and gives me the boost I need on these cold winter mornings.

Good Luck and keep running and hitting the gym!

Forum Member
    Ranter,

Glad to hear that things are wrapping up for you man., things are rolling around here as well.

Holltim,

The player makes a hell of a difference especially when one is running solo and the mind is at a standstill.

Cherub of Justice
    You guys looking at April, right?

Forum Member

Nysp

Yes, I am hoping and have my fingers crossed for the Spring class.

Cherub of Justice

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Holltim4103
    Yes, I am hoping and have my fingers crossed for the Spring class.
    and yes, it is indeed a good sign that they are updating the BI.

If they had uncovered any reason to DQ you, they would have by now.

Good luck.

Forum Member

Yes, also hoping to make the April class. Good to hear that you guys are moving along with everything too. I would like to find someone from the Wayne, Monroe, or Ontario county area to carpool with if I make it into that class

Forum Member
    Its nice to have these forums..........

i can just imagine all the others in the process who are just waiting with no clue as to how things are moving along and then just decide to persue other interest.

Cherub of Justice
    Quote Originally Posted by RGratton
    Yes, also hoping to make the April class. Good to hear that you guys are moving along with everything too. I would like to find someone from the Wayne, Monroe, or Ontario county area to carpool with if I make it into that class
    If you make it into the class, you will.

Probably not before the first week, but at the academy. Car pooling is very common there. It's a good chance to study together too. I made life long friends with the guys I car-pooled with.

Page 1 of 369 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... Last