Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Pig usernames

Forum Member

Red face Pig usernames

WHO are the ppl on this board who choose usernames such as "PIG"
    "OINK"
    "PIGSKIN" ?

who are they ?

these names are the terms used by ppl that Police Officers come into contact with, who choose to express their derision of officers of the law

and yet we have members on this board WHO CHOOSE usernames akin to that exact derision
    from your old mate
    c h i e f y
    global chiefy to yer seadog seafarin' maties

No Longer Active

There's a theory that if you embrace a word or words used to degrade you (by profession, or skin color, or sexual orientation, or whatever), that you weaken any power it might hold against you.

Forum Member

Crazy, I was going to say the same thing, but you said it so well !!! I agree with that 100%.

Do you smell bacon cooking? LOL... just call me bacon lover!!!
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

JKT
    Seasoned Veteran

quote:
    Originally posted by Chiefy_Brown:
    WHO are the ppl on this board who choose usernames such as "PIG"
    "OINK"
    "PIGSKIN" ?

who are they ?

these names are the terms used by ppl that Police Officers come into contact with, who choose to express their derision of officers of the law

and yet we have members on this board WHO CHOOSE usernames akin to that exact derision

Since none of the Mods qappear to be around right now.......

Oink is a fairly new member that is in the process of applying with LE agencies.

Pig and Pigskin are long-time and respected members of this forum, who are LEO's with quite a bit of experience behind them.

So, what's the problem?
    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

JKT@copmail.com

Salty Dog

It's just part of cops' humor.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

No Longer Active

how about the name "jackazz;" would that work?

Pig
    Forum Member

Thanks JKT. It is part of the humor and a lot of what Crazy said, too. Wow, I agreed with Crazy, LOL. Besides, I've been called much worse than Pig.

No Longer Active

quote:
    Wow, I agreed with Crazy, LOL.
    I told you I saw Satan buying ice skates in Toys "R" Us!!!!

Forum Member

quote:
    Originally posted by C in a J:
    There's a theory that if you embrace a word or words used to degrade you (by profession, or skin color, or sexual orientation, or whatever), that you weaken any power it might hold against you.

Well said! I often joke that I'm a 'RAT', But truth is criminals consider being a rat worthy of the death penalty. But you can be sure I'll help the cops put away a scumbag any chance I get. And then I will call myself a RAT!
    I'm proud of it and I would be proud to be called a Pig! [Wink]

quote:
    JKTOink is a fairly new member that is in the process of applying with LE agencies.
    Thanx for the support! [Wink] , But I am not currently applying with LE agencies...
    (And here in Canada can only apply with 1 at a time )
    But you can be sure I'm not doing anything else with my life. Period. Ever. I'm not gonna waste my life. And yes, Anything else would be a waste of my life because I would always regret it.
    Just start calling me Oink now. It doesn't sound at all bad. It sounds like a compliment like being called a Rat.
    All of god's creatures are entitled to live without fear of "gun violence" except for you and your family. - <a href="http://www.handguncontrolinc.org/selfdefense_quiz.htm" target="_blank">Source</a>

Forum Member

quote:
    Originally posted by C in a J:

And for us cops (full-time, part-time, reserve, whatever) PIG means:

Pride
    Integrity
    Guts

Forum Member

Cool

quote:
    Originally posted by Sig220Man:
    And for us cops (full-time, part-time, reserve, whatever) PIG means:
    Pride - Integrity - Guts

It means the same thing to alot of ppl OUTSIDE LE.
    They might not be keen to say it to you, they don't want to give you the wrong impression, but if they say it with a smirk they propably are seeing the same IRONY in it that the rest of us are. Ironic is funny. When I hear someone say "They're all Pigs", I smile, nod and imagine how long their criminal record must be. [Eek!]

Pride, Integrity, Guts. - I like that. [Wink]

[ 12-22-2002, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Oink ]
    All of god's creatures are entitled to live without fear of "gun violence" except for you and your family. - <a href="http://www.handguncontrolinc.org/selfdefense_quiz.htm" target="_blank">Source</a>

Don
    Forum Member

OK Chiefy, you got your reply from members. And as a moderator, I will echo what they said.

I feel sorry for ANY officer who has a skin so thin that something like this is upsetting to them. I've been called one hell of a lot worse in my life than pig.

Besides that,"Pigs is Prutty!" and don't ya ever forget it! [Wink]

When I was a substation commander, on my wall was a framed picture of a bore hog, with sergeants strips. Under the picture was the inscription "A THING OF BEAUTY IS A JOY FOREVER!"
    6P1 (retired)

I Pleedz the Fizifth

I've even got a big ol' stuffed pig in the back window of my police car.
    Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Forum Member

Sure you do...

AKA:XENA Warrior Princess

Fricken CAIJ is so Fricken Smart it makes me nuts. Dude. Your are like a cliff claven
    Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Forum Member

quote:
    I feel sorry for ANY officer who has a skin so thin that something like this is upsetting to them. I've been called one hell of a lot worse in my life than pig.
    I concur. I can't think of any name that someone has called me that would upset me. Although some Middle Eastern guy tried really hard -- according to him I was 'a "bastard son of dung-smelling whores," or something like that.

They say that everything you need to know you learned in kindergarten. Well, here you go:

Sticks and stones
    May break my bones
    But names can never hurt me.
    Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Forum Member

I've explained it before but let's do it again for some of the newer members. My moniker comes from my favorite sport (football) AND the fact that I am a police officer. It was my CB handle back in the "old" days. I was once fired from a job for not arresting a hippie for calling me a "pig". Actually, I was younger than the hippie at the time & fully understood the teen jargon & was not offended by it in the context it was used. I was an EMT (or closest thing we had to it at that time) & helped a young girl having a miscarriage. I later met the girl & her boyfriend (the hippie) while doing laundry at the local laundrymat. She introduced me to him & said I had saved her life. He said he appreciated what I had done & was impressed with how young I was (19 at the time). He said, "So you're really a pig?" We talked a little more about my job & him being in college. There was no one else in the place. Still...word got around that a hippie had called me a pig & I hadn't done anything about it, so the chief called me in & told me to swear out a warrant & pick him up. I refused. So he fired me for refusing a direct order. Oh well. Two days later he had hired his brother-in-law to replace me who had just gotten out of the service. Sticks & stones may break my bones...if he had said it in a threatening or offensive manner I may have arrested him but I knew it was just slang & I was off-duty with my wife washing clothes. What did it matter? Besides, the chief even could be called a pig, because he was.

Forum Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Pigskin:
    Besides, the chief even could be called a pig, because he was.

Chief-Pig, heh heh, he said PIG...

What a hard-azz!
    Maybe Chiefy-poo is bored...You'd think the jackazz would have enough faith in his officers to trust their discretion.

Without Officer Discretion an officer would be little more than a robot and there would be no justice!!!!!!

Senior Veteran

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. "
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    -Sparky

Forum Member

quote:
    I've even got a big ol' stuffed pig in the back window of my police car.

WHY...am I not surprised???

Out
    American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Forum Member

Pigs are good luck!!!

"To this day in some European countries, notably the Netherlands and German speaking countries, it is customary to give piggy banks as gifts because the belief is still held that pigs bring luck and good fortune." - from Piggy Bank History

[ 01-07-2003, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: Oink ]

Forum Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Pigskin:
    I was once fired from a job for not arresting a hippie for calling me a "pig".

I hope you guys will forgive an ignorant question from a non-LEO, but can you really arrest someone for calling you a name??
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Forum Member

Sounds like it..
    I would hope so, Ppl shouldn't be allowed to disrespect authority. But it's one of those things where officer discretion must be used.
    Alot of ppl like to give the finger and yell Pig at passing police cars...But I'm not sure if they can arrest for that up here. I think an officer needs to be careful though, We wouldn't want LEOs getting a reputation for being hard-azzes.

Forum Member

It all depends on who says it. If some youth wants to call me a pig then generally we have a "chat" about it and he agrees he's in the wrong (often from a cell.)
    If an LEO says it then I take it as it's meant Cop humour.
    Besides, I can't complain with a user name akin to a rat. (I think I prefer the pig!)

Forum Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Blackrat:
    It all depends on who says it. If some youth wants to call me a pig then generally we have a "chat" about it and he agrees he's in the wrong (often from a cell.)
    If an LEO says it then I take it as it's meant Cop humour.
    Besides, I can't complain with a user name akin to a rat. (I think I prefer the pig!)

OK, I realize that in England and Canada, citizens have no rights [Eek!] [Eek!] .

But in the U.S., I would have thought that our first amendment rights (and possibly others) would protect us from this sort of thing?

P.s. no matter what, I commend Pigskin for not following this order, my only question is, was the order legal, and if so, on what grounds??

[ 01-07-2003, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Peacenik ]
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last