Where do I get my work history from? Which IRS from should I fill out?

With many departments asking for many years of work history, it has become a little confusing on knowing the dates I worked. I can remember every place worked but not all of the dates. I tried getting my information from the IRS, but 3 weeks after asking, I recieved a packet with just tax numbers and wages, but no loactions or dates. Did I miss something or ask for the wrong thing. Can anyone help?
    Thanks,
    Jad (cincinnaticj7)
    Last edited by cincinnaticj7; 09-22-2005 at 01:28 PM.
    I think girls go after me for my Jeep

Forum Member

Had same experience

I had the same problem. Contact Social Security department it will cost you I think $35.00. Plan to wait about 5 weeks. Good Luck

Here's the link: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/online/ssa-7050.pdf
    Last edited by KyRecruit; 09-22-2005 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Adding Link

Thanks allot, that is very helpful.

I went down to the SS office in 1998 and told them I was applying for LE and they gave me my print out for free.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Quote Originally Posted by pkagel
    I went down to the SS office in 1998 and told them I was applying for LE and they gave me my print out for free.
    Well that might be good idea...now I just have to find mine, but thanks for the great idea.

Forum Member
    I FedEx'd my request and payment out there about a week ago. My payment still hasnt been cashed. I've heard it could take up to three months. I had a job in 2001 that was only a temp gig for a few weeks, but I dont know the exact or even a vague date. I'd hate to get a DQ over putting down the wrong info.

SSA is going to take their sweet time.

By endurance we conquer.
    For what it's worth, I think the most important thing is to be up front about any possible mistakes in your application. Do your homework, but I don't think a mistake is going to DQ you if you're honest about the steps you took to try to get the information correct. The agencies I'm applying to are either looking for 10 years in the past or all the way back to age 16. I've tried to be as exhaustive as possible, but I know that I will make a few mistakes with exact employment dates. They expect you to be thorough, but not perfect. If an application allows you to attach "notes," make sure you document if you're not quite sure about anything.

Now I'm going to hear back from all the folks who got DQ'ed for a few simple mistakes on their applications . Sorry, but that hasn't been my experience.

If you have the time to wait for the SSA, great. Unfortunately, I don't...