Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. #1
    MISS Q :o(
    azchopshopcop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,131

    Iron Pigs Motorcycle Club (IPMC)

    Motorcycle club for Police Officer's. I have heard good and bad about this club. I have done my research and I have my opinions, does anyone else???


    www.ironpigs.net
    Last edited by azchopshopcop; 08-31-2005 at 11:40 PM.
    There's no substitute for strength,
    and no excuse for a lack of it!!

  2. #2
    PTI
    PTI is offline
    No Disgusting Fatbodies
    PTI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    429
    Well its hard to say....they make the claim they are not 1%ers. Then they also defend wearing 3 piece colors, insinuating they will not ask permission to wear them. I'm guessing they mean asking a 1%er M/C. My thing is not that you ride a harley and belong to a club. I did both of those myself. My thing is why would you want to emulate an OMG? Seems like they need to chose what side of the line they want to be on and stay there.
    Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Harleydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    83
    ,/,/,/,/,./,/,/,/,/,/,
    Last edited by Harleydude; 01-12-2006 at 09:32 AM.

  4. #4
    MISS Q :o(
    azchopshopcop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,131
    I tend to agree, I was just curious as to what others think...
    There's no substitute for strength,
    and no excuse for a lack of it!!

  5. #5
    Frank Booth
    Guest
    As long as they're not breaking the law, they can do whatever the heck they want to do off-duty. Last time I checked, belonging to a group that wears a 3-piece patch isn't any more unlawful than belonging to the Boy Scouts based only on the 3 piece patch. It's a little goofey in my opinion, especially when these guys start acting like college fraternity idiots because they wrongly think they have some kind of group immunity to looking like idiots when they're all dressed the same in a group out in public, but to each his own.

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Great State of AZ
    Posts
    162
    Hey AZchopshop, I dont know if you ride, there are quite a few groups around Phx...BlueKnights, ChoirboysAZ, The UntouchablesAZ, and a few more that are just starting up..I use to ride with the Wild Pigs when I was back East, a crazy bunch of guys, but a real strong brotherhood. But quite a few out here,,,I know there are plenty of runs in the West Valley and I think another guy from a neighboring agency out near you in the West Valley is starting another motorcycle group.

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    490
    The NJ State Police deemed the Wild Pigs an outlaw mc gang a few years back because they were hanging out with other known outlaw gangs. I did not see anything wrong with them and I never heard of them commiting any illegal acts. They were guilty by association.

    The Blue Knights are pretty big here and a good bunch of guys to boot.

    Sammy
    If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
    www.samanthafund.com

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Great State of AZ
    Posts
    162
    Actually Sammy, I use to ride with a few troopers that were in my group,,,I had heard that but didnt know it was actually true lol... again some guys would have too much too drink or do some stupid stuff but nothing illegal and I have never seen any of the guys I use to ride with hang out with any shady characters...But I have been on the Left Coast for over three years now, so things might have changed

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    490
    It's absolutely true. It was in the early or mid 90's. I remember reading the gang related newsletter from the NJSP that included the Wild Pigs as an outlaw gang.

    Does the club still exist? I have not heard anything about it in years. I thought the NJSP calling the club an outlaw club caused its demise.

    Sammy
    If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
    www.samanthafund.com

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Napstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    northwest
    Posts
    56

    Yes they still exist

    There's about 26 Chapters of the Wild Pigs MC. Outlaw lol

    Anyhow, the split up of the Wild Pigs was in 2001. There were over 100 Chapters then. Then a trademark dispute split up the Club. Now the offspring to that are the Warthogs, Iron Pigs, Renegade Pigs and on and on and on.

    That's funny though. They deemed it an outlaw organization and I know they had quite a few riding with the Wild Pigs.

    I guess they called themselves an outlaw organization too!

    In regards to a dressing like this or that. The Organization, any organization, should not be judged by how it looks, but how it acts. If it breaks the law, it's an outlaw organization. I don't remember anything in the State or Federal statute that states because he/she was wearing a black helmet or black chaps with a three piece patch stating Blue Knights, he's a member of an outlaw motorcycle club!
    "God Created Police Officers So Firefighters Would Have A Hero"

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Gene L's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyCal1 View Post
    It's absolutely true. It was in the early or mid 90's. I remember reading the gang related newsletter from the NJSP that included the Wild Pigs as an outlaw gang.

    Does the club still exist? I have not heard anything about it in years. I thought the NJSP calling the club an outlaw club caused its demise.

    Sammy

    An "outlaw" gang is usually defined as one that does not belong to the Natioinal Motorcycle Association. It doesn't mean they are engaged in illegal activity, although the more famous ones are. Those are the so-called 1%ers clubs who don't belong to the NMA, a fact of which they are proud.

    Also, the three main 1% crime-related gangs (Outlaws, Hells Angles, Bandidtos) claim the right to give "permission" to form a Motorcycle club that wears colors. Each has its territory: Hells Angles is on the West Coast, Outlaws are on the East, and the Bandidtos are in between. With some, they have enforced this policy through violence. I would hate to think that a LEO club would have to ask permission from a bunch of dope dealers to establish a club and wear colors.
    "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

  12. #12
    Presence
    Guest
    hey guys, i guess some of you didn't see this... apparently the creator of this thread passed away a couple of days ago...

    http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...122#post963122

  13. #13
    Salty Dog

    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    California Central Coast
    Posts
    6,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
    An "outlaw" gang is usually defined as one that does not belong to the Natioinal Motorcycle Association. It doesn't mean they are engaged in illegal activity, although the more famous ones are. Those are the so-called 1%ers clubs who don't belong to the NMA, a fact of which they are proud.

    Also, the three main 1% crime-related gangs (Outlaws, Hells Angles, Bandidtos) claim the right to give "permission" to form a Motorcycle club that wears colors. Each has its territory: Hells Angles is on the West Coast, Outlaws are on the East, and the Bandidtos are in between. With some, they have enforced this policy through violence. I would hate to think that a LEO club would have to ask permission from a bunch of dope dealers to establish a club and wear colors.
    I've never heard of the National Motorcycle Association, and have been riding since '89. There is the American Motorcyclist Association, but there are thousands of non-outlaw clubs that are not affiliated with the AMA. By your statement, you are including groups such as the Gold Wing Road Riders Association, whose motto is "Friends for Fun, Safety and Knowledge", and the Gold Wing Touring Association, whose motto is "Destination Friendship", on the rolls of OMGs.

    To be classified as an OMG, the club first has to have the commission of criminal acts by their members.

    The HAs are not just on the West Coast. They are worldwide. There are Hells Angels chapters in Canada and Europe, as well as across America. True, they are probably strongest on the West Coast, but they are everywhere.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

    I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

  14. #14
    Ignore Garbage Man
    Garbage Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles county California
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Presence View Post
    hey guys, i guess some of you didn't see this... apparently the creator of this thread passed away a couple of days ago...

    http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...122#post963122
    Geez thats sad, he only posted this a week ago....Now we have to decide whether to keep talking about this I guess. I am going to go ahead and post anyway, he wanted to start this thread, I guess its not disrepectfull to continue it, and it is a good discussion point.

    Personally I think that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Why would a cop want to immitate these jerks? Dont they realize how much this feeds the egos of these guys. I had a HA guy use this very thing as part of his tyrade against me once. Basically the jerk truly beleived that we all are wannabe OMG's but we couldnt hack it. As proof he talked about all the wannabe cop MG's.

    If you want to have a club have one, if you all want to ride Harleys, swell,, but why ape the OMG's? Do something original.
    Quote Originally Posted by FJDave View Post
    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

    District B13
    "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm


    Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

    "I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

    Pope Gregory V II

  15. #15
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbage Man View Post
    Geez thats sad, he only posted this a week ago....
    It has actually been two years ago that the thread was started.

  16. #16
    Forum Member
    Napstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    northwest
    Posts
    56
    Yes, very sad to hear he passed away. I think I will continue to post, as I just did, not only in respect of him starting the post, but to shed light on the Law Enforcement Motorcycle Organizations and the positive work they do. Not to mention these law enforcement organizations are creating another team within our Brotherhood. Officers socialize and network with other agencies due to a common desire to ride. This is something they ALL have in common besides Golf.



    Garbage Man,

    The reason for Public Safety Clubs to ride and wear what they want is their business. If they're having fun and not breaking any laws, then so be it.

    Who gives a hoot about what any HA says. They even state their a social club not a criminal organization...........yeah right! And if he, or they....HA, get a good stroke on their EGO because they think LE's are trying to be like them, then great if he gets on his tyrade! WE can all talk about it when we're transporting THEM to the JOINT!!!

    The item that Gene was talking about, and correct me if I'm wrong Gene, is the State Confederation of Clubs. This organization Law Enforcement Motorcycle Organizations DO NOT BELONG TOO!

    This is an organization with the dominent club..........usually an outlaw club is ..............dominent. Other clubs starting up usually approach this State organization and the Confederation does alot of dictating in regards to their intentions,colors etc when joining.

    Law Enforcment M/C's do not belong to this organization. Most LE M/C's, and there are alot, ride with the 3 piece patch, not to express ownership of territory, but simply to state where they're from. Other reasons for the 3 piece patch............is because they can!
    Last edited by Napstr; 09-08-2007 at 03:43 PM.
    "God Created Police Officers So Firefighters Would Have A Hero"

  17. #17
    Ignore Garbage Man
    Garbage Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles county California
    Posts
    1,618
    Duh I looked at the date and not the year. How did this thread pop back up anyway then?


    Garbage Man,

    The reason for Public Safety Clubs to ride and wear what they want is their business. If they're having fun and not breaking any laws, then so be it.

    You know, I hate this line of thinking. "Its not illegal so its OK" If everything that was wrong was illegal there would never be enough cops to enforce it all. That doesnt make it right just because its legal.

    Who gives a hoot about what any HA says. They even state their a social club not a criminal organization...........yeah right! And if he, or they....HA, get a good stroke on their EGO because they think LE's are trying to be like them, then great if he gets on his tyrade! WE can all talk about it when we're transporting THEM to the JOINT!!!

    Did I say I took the guy to jail? I had to let him walk, why? because while what he was doing was wrong it wasnt illegal. We dont always win. The bad guy has to break the law for us to do something to him.


    Other reasons for the 3 piece patch............is because they can!

    Yeah they can also poor mustard over their heads and run down the street screaming "I'm the mustard man!' But they dont, why? because the OMG's dont do that. These cops are aping criminals because like so many in our society they confuse fame with infamy. Did you know that Charles Manson has hundreds of thousands of $$ on his prison books from all the people sending him money? As a society our value system is screwed.
    Are we really not bright enough to come up with our own uniform when riding in MC clubs? Why not invent something new?

    there has to be a better reason then simply "because we can," or "its not illegal."
    Quote Originally Posted by FJDave View Post
    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

    District B13
    "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm


    Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

    "I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

    Pope Gregory V II

  18. #18
    Forum Member
    Napstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    northwest
    Posts
    56
    Well, I understand your point Garbage Man, but they really don't need to satisfy what we think is right.

    The gear that is worn is no different than the lawyer, dentist, judge or politician who rides around at Sturgis.

    Like I said, as long as no one is breaking any laws, it doesn't concern me from a professional point of view. If you punch in Law Enforcement Motorcycle Clubs............you find alot. Then punch in Firefighter Motorcycle Clubs..........and you'll find alot.

    You may be talking from a personal point of view but I'm not sure what they're wearing that is the problem.............or how are they acting that is a problem
    Last edited by Napstr; 09-10-2007 at 05:21 AM.
    "God Created Police Officers So Firefighters Would Have A Hero"

  19. #19
    Forum Member
    SA13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wild West
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyCal1 View Post
    The NJ State Police deemed the Wild Pigs an outlaw mc gang a few years back because they were hanging out with other known outlaw gangs. I did not see anything wrong with them and I never heard of them commiting any illegal acts.
    WTFO? You don't see anything wrong with a group of cops socializing with known organized crime figures?

    So if it's OK for the Wild Pigs to dress and act like an OMG, and socialize with the Hells Angels MC or Outlaws MC, would you be OK with a group of cops wearing red and hanging out with some Bloods, or wearing Blue and socializing with some Crips? How about a group of cops that get Woodpecker and/or swastika tattoos and hang out with the Aryan Brotherhood?


  20. #20
    Forum Member
    KapsFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,700
    Count me out. Why would any LEO want to emulate an OMG anyway? Don't get me wrong. I'm no angel (no pun intended) and often ride with non-LEO's with bikes but try to stay away from known OMG members. I've run into a few at times. The encounters were mostly cordial but brief (the latter by mutual consent). Besides, I wear a uniform for work. Don't need another for play. If I want to ride with a group, there are plenty of folks who are not OMG affiliated available.

    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

  21. #21
    Frank Booth
    Guest
    never mind.......

  22. #22
    Forum Member
    Napstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    northwest
    Posts
    56
    SA13,

    Please remind me, but what year was that when the Wild Pigs MC socialized with the HA and organized crime figures?

    I noticed you picked one organization out of about 70. So I guess the other 70 law enforcement groups are okay then. But the Wild Pigs are outlaws in a uniform. So how come they haven't been charged if their a criminal organization?

    You need to take two steps back and stop stereotyping or generalizing.

    That's like the public reacting to a Cop who does get charged with something, and they stereotype the entire organization.
    "God Created Police Officers So Firefighters Would Have A Hero"

  23. #23
    Retired Sergeant - CHP
    SgtCHP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    6,252

    Did Anyone See This?

    Posted by QUOPPER in the memorial section:

    http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72873

    A dear friend of ours has passed....

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    It is with my deepest sympathy, and an utter and complete broken heart, that I tell everyone that AZChopShopCop passed away yesterday.

    It was not work related, he had complications from a surgery.

    He served many years as law enforcement in Arizona, and was probably the best damn cop I ever met in my life. Not to mention he was the best man I ever met in my life.

    Please say a prayer for his family and friends that are suffering....
    AZChopShopCop started this thread.

    RIP
    Last edited by SgtCHP; 09-12-2007 at 08:44 AM.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]


  24. #24
    Ignore Garbage Man
    Garbage Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles county California
    Posts
    1,618
    I think it does affect our ability to do our job. I would like to see a world where common sense is allowed to prevail, even in the presence of lawyers. It annoys me that crooks get to wear clothes that say "I'm a crook," and we aren't allowed to give them a second glance. I am not psychic, I have to rely on visual clues when scanning the populace, looking for this people who might be in possession of contraband or about to commit a crime. How sad is it that I can't use the obvious visual clue of a guy writing his gang name on his jacket. And why cant I? Well I'll admit that the lawyers would have kittens any way but wouldn't it be nice if I could say in court that I could see that someone was a criminal cuz his jacket said so, without having some smart *** defense attorney showing me a photo of the Wild Pigs or Choir Boys or whatever and saying "You mean this jacket Officer?"

    I know all about finding PC like some minor vehicle code violation and saying on the stand "HA? OH he was wearing an HA jacket? Well I never noticed. I was so preoccupied with that improperly mounted registration sticker." I can sling that bull as good as anyone on this site, but I truly hate it when this job forces me to lie. I like the idea of cops always being truthful; wouldn't it be nice if we could do that and still keep our jobs?
    Quote Originally Posted by FJDave View Post
    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

    District B13
    "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm


    Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

    "I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

    Pope Gregory V II

  25. #25
    Forum Member
    Napstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    northwest
    Posts
    56
    So that's fine Garbage Man. As long as your consistant, then that's your personal opinion. My issue is when you start stereotyping a group of officers based solely on their attire.

    If the person, and this stands for all person(s) is be judged on this alone, then that officer needs to find a new job. It may be one of the criteria, but alone.

    If your familiar with outlaw gang attire, you'll know what to look for. And it is different than law enforcement. Leathers are a standard item when motorcycling. The vest, no matter if you agree or disagree, is something law enforcement members wear to indicate their a law enforcement motorcycle organization AND thier NOT 1%ers. The 99%er patch is usually displayed on their vest. Out of all the law enforcement officers I do meet, the ones riding with Law Enforcement Motorcycle Organizations are the ones who dislike 1%ers the most, as they have the most chance to come in contact with them and due to 1%ers claiming territory, this can be an issue.

    I'm sure residing in the LA area you must see alot of law enforcement organizations. Take some time to get to know them, as theirs some right on your department, and open up your mind to this Brotherhood within the Brotherhood.

    The Blue Knights have had a 3 piece patch for years and I believe they've broken the idea their a Outlaw Organization.

    Be safe
    "God Created Police Officers So Firefighters Would Have A Hero"

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Click here to log in or register