Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ugly Uniforms

Forum Member
    Theres a sheriffs office in the adjacent parish to mine that wears hunter green with gold piping and a gold stripes on the pants near mine. Which in and of itself isnt to bad. But add the huge full color american flag above the right pocket, the badge that looks like the star of david, and the generic patch that says sheriffs office, its pretty heinous. My pd weres midnight navy with a shield 9 months out of the year, and in the summer wears silver/tan 5.11 polos and black tactical style pants. With a sewn on badge and police patch on the back. Its funny though, in the summer we rolled this crackhead up and he thought we were swat, or some kind of special unit.

Birmingham, Alabama is also one I don't care for. A mismatched top and bottom with yellow strips and insignias makes for a bad uniform.

If the pants were also a dark color like the uniform shirt was, it wouldn't look that bad.

StainlessSteve
    Quote Originally Posted by Corporal7 View Post

Actually, those are sharp looking uniforms Cpl7, me like. Tell me tho, dark blue or black?

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteve View Post
    Actually, those are sharp looking uniforms Cpl7, me like. Tell me tho, dark blue or black?
    They are dark blue. I designed them with the help of a friend of mine on the honor guard. I wanted to keep them looking simple but sharp. Too many pins and such make it look cluttered in my opinion.

They are dark blue. I designed them with the help of a friend of mine on the honor guard. I wanted to keep them looking simple but sharp. Too many pins and such make it look cluttered in my opinion.
    They look pretty damn sharp-I like em-Classy

StainlessSteve
    You did a damn fine job Clp7, I got these right next to Marine dress blues, thats major big. Really they are sharp MoFo's !!!

Philly PD, IMO. Great department, but their uniforms look about 20 years out of date.

"If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Copper View Post
    I agree, the Mass State Police definitely have one of the, if not the, best looking police uniforms.
    It has been previously mentioned referring to the all black look, but the MASP uni's were actually designed after Hitler's SS. That being said, the uni's are VERY sharp.

Philly PD, IMO. Great department, but their uniforms look about 20 years out of date.
    Not to mention their cruisers...

Love the PPD, but they could definitely use an upgrade!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phouse70 View Post
    It has been previously mentioned referring to the all black look, but the MASP uni's were actually designed after Hitler's SS. That being said, the uni's are VERY sharp.

Not to mention their cruisers...

Love the PPD, but they could definitely use an upgrade!
    Hitler was a son of a bitch to say the least but the SS had nice uniforms.

MJC

"gonna have to add my two sense.. Here on Fort Bragg... The MP's wear ACU's with florescent PT belts... whooooo professional. This is an older picture now. "

They were at a check point.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
    Hitler was a son of a bitch to say the least but the SS had nice uniforms.
    That's because they were designed by Hugo Boss.
    War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......interesting.

Hugo Boss died back in like 1948 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiland View Post
    Hee hee hee... I lived in Carbondale for years. Very, very small, laid-back police department. From what I remember, those uh, "uniforms" are just for Mountain Fair weekend, which is the biggest event of the entire year (seriously). It's a Friday night through Sunday festival, usually in late July...lots of rednecks, hippies, and drinking.
    Dont care. I would refuse to wear them. Period.

Oh, Patrol Officers need to be clean shaven. No beards. We seem to be intent on getting away from the para military roots of policing. Bad move.

Very nice honorguard uniforms. The only thing I woud alter is to remove the name tags and any flair on the uniform. Cords, etc. Slick just looks better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Munlaw View Post
    The Officer second to the left wear a different grey uniform shirt with a rectangular patch under the standard Washington State Patrol patch...Is he a State Trooper or a Motor Carrier Officer attached to the state patrol ?
    He's a Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Officer. It's not a fully commissioned spot (like a Trooper), but a Special Deputy Commission, which gives him limited authority to enforce commercial vehicle laws while on duty.
    Brass sucks.

Forum Member

Smile

Yea, but the uniform on the guy 2nd from the right is really cold in the wintertime!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GangGreen712 View Post

Is it normal for officers in Philly to wear two pairs of cuffs in front like this guy?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aircop26 View Post
    Is it normal for officers in Philly to wear two pairs of cuffs in front like this guy?
    I've seen as many as 2 pairs in front and 2 sets of 2 pairs in the back. Then again, I'm in North Philly, so things can get fairly hectic around here.

Normally I don't notice how many they carry, but that guy stuck out to me because it looked like he was carrying a lot of extra cuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by 0311Matt View Post
    Theres a sheriffs office in the adjacent parish to mine that wears hunter green with gold piping and a gold stripes on the pants near mine. Which in and of itself isnt to bad. But add the huge full color american flag above the right pocket, the badge that looks like the star of david, and the generic patch that says sheriffs office, its pretty heinous. My pd weres midnight navy with a shield 9 months out of the year, and in the summer wears silver/tan 5.11 polos and black tactical style pants. With a sewn on badge and police patch on the back. Its funny though, in the summer we rolled this crackhead up and he thought we were swat, or some kind of special unit.
    Vernon Parish? And I assume you are with one of the very small municipal agencies in cenla?

This is far from the ugliest uniform...
    Last edited by irishlad2nv; 12-04-2009 at 01:38 PM.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Mitch...inappropriate!
    Quote Originally Posted by aircop26 View Post
    He's not wearing two cuffs in the front, the picture is blurred. Look at the officer's watch and hand and you'll see, he was either moving when the pic was taken or the camera had a glitch.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by HEDP View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmm.......interesting.

Hugo Boss died back in like 1948 too.

And?
    War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Phouse70;2100294]I've seen as many as 2 pairs in front and 2 sets of 2 pairs in the back. Then again, I'm in North Philly, so things can get fairly hectic around here.

Normally I don't notice how many they carry, but that guy stuck out to me because it looked like he was carrying a lot of extra cuffs.[/QUOT

That does not sound or look to comfortable, but if ya'll are that busy I can see why.

Forum Member

Best uniforms around in my opinion.

Somebody already posted a pic of the New Mexico State Police duty uniform, but here's one of their honor guard- in my opinion it's one of the sharpest uniforms in the US. LAPD has a great everyday uniform, too. To me, it's hard to beat that LAPD navy blue uniform, no patches, classic oval badge, and a shooting medal on the left pocket-look.

Last edited by cm289; 01-31-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Serbian uniforms look awesome.

Last edited by MD11pilot; 01-31-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    Life is what you make of it

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast