Forum Member

Question NYPD Honor Legion

Several years ago I was employed as a civilian within a major company which fell victim to an attempted robbery. Due to the grace of God moments before their arrival I went into an adjoining work area of which I was not immediately visible. I was able to "hear" but not see the impending danger & as such I was the only employee able to safely contact the NYPD with my best assessment of the situation. They arrived quickly & after a minor shoot-out thanks to the training of the ESU members they were able to subdue the suspects without a single casualty.

Based upon my actions I received a "Certificate of Merit" from "The Honor Legion of The Police Department of The City of New York".

On June 18, 2005 I took the written exam for the NYPD (#4002). I'm currently 34 & I just wanted to know if my affiliation received as a "civilian" would be of importance to the department in any way. If so does any one know who would be the ideal party to discuss this with? Thank you.

No Longer Active

Nice job.

When you go for your interviews they will ask you about any police incidents you have been involved in. Would not hurt to tell them about this incident and bring along a copy of the certificate for them.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SW4747
    Nice job.

When you go for your interviews they will ask you about any police incidents you have been involved in. Would not hurt to tell them about this incident and bring along a copy of the certificate for them.

Thanks sounds like a good idea.

No Longer Active

No problem. The Honor Legion is a great organization that does a lot for line of duty families. It's also the only organization recognized by the department that not everyone can join. It's reserved for only members who have received a medal of Commendation or higher from the department.