Page 1 of 398 12341151101 ... Last
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: L.A.S.D Hiring Process...

Forum Member

Question L.A.S.D Hiring Process...

Hello I am 25/F going through the hiring process for L.A.S.D

I was wondering if there is any one else going through the hiring process for L.A. County Sheriffs right now? If so what status in the process are you in now?

I only have the psyche and medical evaluation left. My B.I. is currently doing the ground work of the investigation and as far as I have been told it is going good.
    Nightwolf21 likes this.

Forum Member
    So I take it there are no other L.A.S.D applicants here.....

SoCal Expatriate
    Probably a few, I have a few on my web site also. Download all the files I have, my academy notes are in there.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicpolice/
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Forum Member

I am in the process

Hello there Boo79,
    How is the process going?

I am in the very beggining stages. I passed the written and now scheduled to do the Oral interview on Aug. 5th.

How long has it taken to get through the different phases?
    Is there anything I should know about going into this?

Any info would be greatly appreciated...
    Thanks
    Chad

Forum Member

hey boo, your not the only one

whats up, we have alot of the same stats!
    I have an interview with my B.I. next week. I've also completed my ride along and jail tour, both reports still need to be completed before next monday. Anyways, how far in the process are you? someone said that they are in real need of trainees that they are sending them to academy before the 4 months. but then again that might just be a roumor. If everything goes well with me I hope to be in the academy, around the new years. wish me luck!

Forum Member
    yay! I thought I was alone on this board!!

Well this is how my process has gone

Feb 10th - written exam

Feb 12th - Oral

March 10th - turned in application

April 7 - met with my assigned B.I

April 16 - P.A.T - passed

May 3 - Poly exam

Untill last month I finally heard from my B.I again, she is done with my backround except for one thing (pending my military records) then I will move on to the next round. All I have left is my psyche and med eval!! Do not get discouraged if you do not hear from you B.I for a while they are working on it! My BI says that it would be best if I was assigned the academy at COC in January since it is so close. But if they offered whittier before that I would take it, either way I would be happy.

TO let everyone know there is pre-academy training classes at C.O.C every Monday and Wednesday from 6:30 - 8:30 pm. They just started that 2 weeks ago and it has been great insight to what to expect! I def recommend it.

SoCal Expatriate
    So they are using different academies besides thier own?
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Forum Member

How long are deputies waiting in the jail/courts before going out to the road?

SoCal Expatriate
    My buddies are telling me between 2 and 5 years depending on what station you are going for. Compton 2 years, LKD 5.

Forum Member
    pkagel - No LASD has 2 academy's going. The one in Whittier (S.T.A.R center) and the new one just started on the 8th of this month at C.O.C. (College of the Canyons) There is a north and south location now

Mtclem4 - It can vary from what I have heard. Rumor has it that its 2-3 years since there is a hiring frenzy going on!

SoCal Expatriate
    Wow, that is really awsome, especially for the deputies that live north and want to work the academy.

Signal 20

After you have your 2-5 in, are you pretty much given a patrol position if you want one? Or are there some deputies that they never allow into patrol for various reasons. I'm a police officer now, and I don't have any sort of a record internaly, but was wondering how minor of a screw up you would have to have to get stuck in corrections indefinately.

Forum Member
    Any one have any updates this week.

Reminder today there is pre-training at COC 6:30 - 8:30pm. I'll be there

Forum Member
    Well since no one else has an update, I do!!!! I got the call today that my written psyche is tomorrow!!!!! I have been waiting for this moment for what feels like an eternity! After that all I would have left is my Psyche interview and medical eval! Any tips on what to expect are welcome.

Boo

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GB0610
    Do your best to show them you're not crazy.
    Tomorrow is my Psych interview, so I will do my best!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boo79
    Tomorrow is my Psych interview, so I will do my best!

Be yourself, consistently, and you'll do awesome

Forum Member
    Wow! I have finally completed my hiring process this week. Had the medical yesterday and it went smoothly! It has been 8 months since I began this process and it was well worth it. Now just waiting for the OFFICIAL call!

Focused

And they say police types aren't racist...

There's nothing like getting a job BECAUSE you are (or at least look) Hispanic...

Forum Member

Good luck boo.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0fromSoCal
    Good luck boo.
    Thank you! I will post as soon as I know the verdict

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel
    LASD's requirements and standards have dropped so low that it's pathetic...

I've heard this is going on with LASD and LAPD. I know I don't fall in this category.

sir112
    what are the requirements now for lasd and lapd? why is it pathetic?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sir112
    what are the requirements now for lasd and lapd? why is it pathetic?
    Both depts. are down so many bodies that they mass hire. LAPD now is allowing more drug use in an applicants past to be acceptable. Neither dept. can fill academies in time for their start dates. However, LASD is still a great dept. to work for even though smaller agencies have better retirement systems than LASD/LAPD. There's alot of job oppurtunities. The grass isn't always greener. Thats why alot of guys try to come back after leaving.

Signal 20

then why is LAPD such a hard *** in the oral interview? If they need people so bad. Also I thought you couldn't have tried any drugs to get hired on, when did this change?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BayCityBrawler
    then why is LAPD such a hard *** in the oral interview? If they need people so bad. Also I thought you couldn't have tried any drugs to get hired on, when did this change?
    Dont know what you mean by hard ***. I know its not that hard to get hired. It came out in the media a few weeks ago that they were going to let up on past drug use.

Signal 20

I've heard from many on this site that they have a very hard oral board to pass. Maybe this is just coming from unqualified wannabe's I dunno. How strict is their background invest? Physical Fitness standards?

Page 1 of 398 12341151101 ... Last