1. #1
    No Longer Active

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    109

    Thumbs down Nancy Grace show!

    Last night on The Nancy Grace Show after discussing the Missing and now found alive Boy Scout in Utah and Still Missing Teen Alabama Teen ( Natalie Holloway) in Aruba,Nancy was discussing a new viedo coming out on X/Box called 25toLife a video dedicated to crimminals in a killing spree wasting cops,apparently Billionare Microsoft Chairmen is producing this asinine video,Bill Gates has lost his mind,just this past week a teenage suspect went on a shooting spree in Nashville,Tn I believe his age was 13 or 14 killed 2 wounded several others all because a Judge would not try him as a Adult and kept him in Juvnile court to give him a chance.Nancy was showing the list of recent LEO killed in the Line of Duty .What is your opinion on the insane Video game 25 to life???

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Great Lakes
    Posts
    238
    I think most people are pretty capable of drawing the line between a video game and real life.

    I haven't heard of any GTA:3 gamers going out and killing actual cops.

    Sure doesn't make the game any more tasteful though!

  3. #3
    Brav989
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don
    Last night on The Nancy Grace Show after discussing the Missing and now found alive Boy Scout in Utah and Still Missing Teen Alabama Teen ( Natalie Holloway) in Aruba,Nancy was discussing a new viedo coming out on X/Box called 25toLife a video dedicated to crimminals in a killing spree wasting cops,apparently Billionare Microsoft Chairmen is producing this asinine video,Bill Gates has lost his mind,just this past week a teenage suspect went on a shooting spree in Nashville,Tn I believe his age was 13 or 14 killed 2 wounded several others all because a Judge would not try him as a Adult and kept him in Juvnile court to give him a chance.Nancy was showing the list of recent LEO killed in the Line of Duty .What is your opinion on the insane Video game 25 to life???
    I saw a video clip of the game on a gaming site. It showed the player as the officer shooting the gangsters. So I'm guessing you get the choice to either kill ****bags or LE.

  4. #4
    MadMan

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Brav989
    I saw a video clip of the game on a gaming site. It showed the player as the officer shooting the gangsters. So I'm guessing you get the choice to either kill ****bags or LE.

    You can.

    http://www.25tolife.com/choose_sides.html
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

    -GK Chesterton

  5. #5
    Resident Controversialist
    djack16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,686
    Looks kind of fun.
    -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

    --ArkansasRed24

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don
    Nancy was discussing a new viedo coming out on X/Box called 25toLife a video dedicated to crimminals in a killing spree wasting cops,apparently Billionare Microsoft Chairmen is producing this asinine video,Bill Gates has lost his mind,
    microsoft didnt develop the game. a british company is the author.

    im not the least bit you are misinformed being that you were watching nancy grace. if she wasnt such a babbling idiot, court tv might be regarded as a legit news channel. once they hire real journalists, they might be able to command some respect.
    "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
    William Shatner

  7. #7
    Hook 'em Horns
    Styx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    3,798
    Hi Bart.....

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx
    Hi Bart.....
    hi. how are you?
    "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
    William Shatner

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9

    Nancy Grace

    I must say that I thought that I was the only one out there who disliked Nancy Grace. I feel that she needs to find another line of work; she is not professional. She cannot remain objective when commenting about various topics; she just has to put her two cents into everything. Look at how she reported on the Michael Jackson case. She was on a crusade to condemn him; that is not her job. Her job is to report the facts and to be neutral. She gives journalists and the media overall a bad name.




    Quote Originally Posted by Bart
    microsoft didnt develop the game. a british company is the author.

    im not the least bit you are misinformed being that you were watching nancy grace. if she wasnt such a babbling idiot, court tv might be regarded as a legit news channel. once they hire real journalists, they might be able to command some respect.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Dudley DoRight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Polly
    I must say that I thought that I was the only one out there who disliked Nancy Grace. I feel that she needs to find another line of work; she is not professional. She cannot remain objective when commenting about various topics; she just has to put her two cents into everything. Look at how she reported on the Michael Jackson case. She was on a crusade to condemn him; that is not her job. Her job is to report the facts and to be neutral. She gives journalists and the media overall a bad name.
    Actually...as a former journalist...media these days is NOT about journalism...i'ts about "entertainment " and ratings. The more sensational you are the bigger the ratings and the more money your employer makes. There are also many outlets and "personalities": who have personal prejudices and agendas and do everything they can to advance them...regardless of the cost...Remember a certain national news anchor who got caught running fake info to try to slander Pres. Bush? Even after getting caught he "resigned/retired" instead of being fired. I ain't about truth...i'ts about money, market share, ratings and agendas. That's why I got out a few years back.

  11. #11
    Resident Controversialist
    djack16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,686
    Good point DoRight.

    Also look at the national news network created by that rich Aussie that lies multiple times daily! Objective journalism is rare.
    -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

    --ArkansasRed24

  12. #12
    PO Wife
    hellhound130's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    186
    I watch Court TV daily. Yes, Nancy Grace can open her mouth and forget to shut it on a lot of points. You have to remember that she was a prosecutor for years, so she has to give her view as a prosecutor thats why the program will put on defense attorneys to show the other side. She brings in a lot of money for Court TV, I believe people tune into her to see what she says next. I not a fan, I prefer Kimberly Newsome and Catherine Crier on Court TV

  13. #13
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    53
    I get tired of hearing people blame video games and music videos and songs for the behavior of kids these days. All I have to say is BULL.... The problems with kids is lack of parental supervision and the lack of parenting skills most of their parents need. In the 80's and early 90's there was a rash of young people most not over 15 having babies. Now we have an overload of kids who's parents are still kids with no morals, no upbringing or accountability. A song is a song, a movie, a game all that is MAKE BELIEVE and meant to entertain. Yes some are in very poor taste, but anyone with any kind of common sense knows that it's not real nor is it something to mimic.

  14. #14
    YA RLY!
    Puget Sound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    799
    Oh dear! Heaven forbid! Not a violent video game!

    Violent video games have been around for years and years. But I'm sure this one will turn all youths into psychopathic, blood-thirsty killers. The straw that broke the camel's back, to be sure.
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

  15. #15
    No Longer Active

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    109

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. J21
    I get tired of hearing people blame video games and music videos and songs for the behavior of kids these days. All I have to say is BULL.... The problems with kids is lack of parental supervision and the lack of parenting skills most of their parents need. In the 80's and early 90's there was a rash of young people most not over 15 having babies. Now we have an overload of kids who's parents are still kids with no morals, no upbringing or accountability. A song is a song, a movie, a game all that is MAKE BELIEVE and meant to entertain. Yes some are in very poor taste, but anyone with any kind of common sense knows that it's not real nor is it something to mimic.
    Well who in the World is Maury Povaich and Jerry Springer going to have on their shows and lets not forget Dr Phill who will spend eons in time trying to make their lives correct

  16. #16
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Posts
    637
    While I think Nancy Grace can get on ones nerves pretty quickly she is not a news person and isn't there to present an unbiased opinion. She is there to present her opinion of the case in question. I also would not call her an idiot by any means! This lady NEVER lost a case and she tried some big ones and some difficult ones. Say what you want about her personality but her intelligence and knowledge of the law is outstanding. I would have loved to see her be the one to try OJ, Blake, and Jackson. They would be in prison today if she had.

  17. #17
    Perpititis is contagious
    apddawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser
    While I think Nancy Grace can get on ones nerves pretty quickly she is not a news person and isn't there to present an unbiased opinion. She is there to present her opinion of the case in question. I also would not call her an idiot by any means! This lady NEVER lost a case and she tried some big ones and some difficult ones. Say what you want about her personality but her intelligence and knowledge of the law is outstanding. I would have loved to see her be the one to try OJ, Blake, and Jackson. They would be in prison today if she had.
    Well said...I admire her, and she does strike me as overbearing at times. Let's give the woman credit though, she is a lion when it comes to the law.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Click here to log in or register