Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1*

Do onto others.........?

1*

What is the meaning of the emblem with the 1*? I understand it is something like the thin blue line. Is there an organization to join (besides LE)?

I have seen this before but never thought to ask....
    After the pin is pulled, Mr. Hand Grenade is no longer your friend.

"Shut the door I'm tryin to poop!" - Larry the Cable Guy

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

MadMan

There is no organization, 1* means quite literally: One *** To Risk (Asterisk)

The background of the symbol is usually black with a thin blue line diagonally across the shield, and it means that you have One *** To Risk, For the Thin Blue Line."

The black background symbolizes chaos and the blue line represents the police, guarding the person looking at the symbol from the chaos.
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Do onto others.........?

So where would I get one? Is there a website you can direct me to?

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

Do onto others.........?

Contact, how did you put the Amber Alert Ticker on your post?

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

MadMan

http://www.hsgear.biz/One+***+To+Risk+Caps.html <--- Baseball Cap

http://www.hsgear.biz/One+***+To+Ris...ce+Decals.html <--- Decal

I'm not representing the site, I know nothing about them. If you wanted to try and find a more reputable source for the decals, the design was made by Butch Ramik. I am also not saying the site is not reputable, I just don't know who they are.

I got the ticker from www.codeamber.org you just register and they give you an HTML code to use where you want.
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Do onto others.........?

Just realized you are in MI, anywhere near Detroit?

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

MadMan

About 5 minutes out.

-GK Chesterton

Do onto others.........?

I have bought from HS gear before. They are good to deal with in my experience.

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

Right Wing Fanatic

probably find TBL stuff like stickers and whatnot anywhere they sell police gear. The place we got our dept uniforms had them and the thin red line stuff. You just had to show them an PD ID card to buy it. In GA at least.

MadMan

Quote Originally Posted by Mraughh
    probably find TBL stuff like stickers and whatnot anywhere they sell police gear. The place we got our dept uniforms had them and the thin red line stuff. You just had to show them an PD ID card to buy it. In GA at least.
    Can you explain the Thin Red Line please?

I google'd it, with results on movies and british soldiers only...

Thanks!

-GK Chesterton

Right Wing Fanatic

TRL = firemans equivilant of the thin blue line. black blackground, thin red line intersecting it. The most I see TBL and TRL are license plates and small stickers on the backs of cars. Generally to signify that said occupant of that car is either a cop or firefighter.

MadMan

Quote Originally Posted by Mraughh
    TRL = firemans equivilant of the thin blue line. black blackground, thin red line intersecting it. The most I see TBL and TRL are license plates and small stickers on the backs of cars. Generally to signify that said occupant of that car is either a cop or firefighter.
    Is the 1* in the symbol as well?

Otherwise, I'm picturing a "NO SMOKING" sign.

-GK Chesterton

Right Wing Fanatic

LOL no,

picture a black rectangle, with a horizontal red line through it. the cop one looks exactly the same except its a blue line.

EDIT to previous posts - duh, i just looked at that link with the ballcap, never seen those before, just the thin blue line/thin red line stuff. lemme see if i can dredge up a link for you.
    check here.
    http://www.powercallsirens.com/tbl.htm
    Last edited by Mraughh; 02-22-2005 at 05:36 AM.

MadMan

Makes me wish my truck had a front license plate holder.

Thanks for the information.

-GK Chesterton

No Longer Active

You Only have One *** To Risk.
    I like thin blue line for cops or thin red line for fire better.

The saying "Heros In Life Not Death" says it all for both

Forum Member

I have a mini-shield on the back of my helmet with a black interior with a thin blue line through it. On my truck I have a black rectangle with a thin blue line through it in the rear window on the drivers side. Got them right here with one of the advertisers.

No Longer Active

As the sun rose today in our country, a thin blue line crossed our great land. Americans should give pause. The thin blue line travels from the northern most regions of our country, down through cities and hamlets large and small, to the abundant farmlands of the south, and on to the coastal plains. In the wee hours of the morning, the thin blue line slowly winds through our neighborhoods so that we may sleep soundly.After we awake, it passes silently by the shoulder of the road, making sure our children arrive at school safely. At other times the thin blue line waits patiently for what may be the most important call of your life: the call for help. This thin blue line represents the law enforcement officers who protect our citizens every moment of every day. It is the last line that seperates the criminal element from the freedom we value most.

The spirit of the thin blue line is symbolized by a small badge that can fit in the palm of your hand. Yet, the weight of the badge is enormous. For with it comes the responsibility of protecting and defending our lives and the lives of our loved ones. Can you imagine a heavier burden? The thin blue line is created by an Oath, which every law enforcement officer in the country takes. Although the words may vary slightly, by taking the oath, each officer swears that one of his or her duties is to protect mankind. In this day and age, some of our most prominent leaders would suggest that oaths have somehow lost their solemnity. We should thank god that for police officers, that is not the case.
    Last edited by code3_K9; 02-25-2005 at 12:10 PM.

Forum Member

1* was designed by the Lt. Gary Paul Johnson of the Shaker Heights Ohio
    Police dept. It was used as a fund raser for their swat team. Lt Johnson, now retired, has all rights to the emblem.

Probation Violation ;)

oooopsssssssssssssssss
    Last edited by Lawenforcer72; 04-28-2009 at 02:48 PM.

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Forum Member

www.centermass-inc.com

This is where I got my 1* patch. If you're in MI you should take note as well as they have their Patrol Rifle Conference that's highly regarded there.

Forum Member
    Squirre just thought I'd fix the link for you

Link to sticker/decal
    http://estore.websitepros.com/989250...c.+Eagle+Items

This is my safety, sir.
    Nice thread dig-up...4 years?
    "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

Molon Labe
    *cough**gasp**hack**

WHAT IS THAT SMELL?........smells like something that has been dead for several years......

although, it probably either takes, or is close to the record for the oldest 'thread resurrection'.....
    jannino likes this.
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Look at this freakin guy
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSquirre View Post
    www.centermass-inc.com

This is where I got my 1* patch. If you're in MI you should take note as well as they have their Patrol Rifle Conference that's highly regarded there.
    http://centermassinc.com/ this link works
    Nothing worth having comes easy...earn it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy58 View Post
    thank you for the update.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last