X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -Erik-
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BCSD Frank
    Well, he won't go down as the worst, anymore. Obama's got him beat in that category by a hundred country miles!
    Really? This is like Democrats saying Bush was the worst ever.

Neither is worse then a dozen or so other guys before them.
    This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

• BCSD Frank
      Resident Misanthrope
      • Dec 2009

You are incorrect, Erik. A quick look at the national deficit and how it has grown in the past two years, will be your first clue. I've never seen a president bow to foreign monarchy, before. I've never seen a president NOT put his hand over his heart during the playing of the national anthem. I could continue.

Basically, there are three things that Carter will be remembered for:

1. Peanut farmer
      2. Iran hostage crisis
      3. Paving the way for Reagan's landslide victory.
      Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

• Mstangfk
        big holes
        • Aug 2006

and being unfairly criticized for the post Vietnam economy, but he didnt make any wise decisions on that front either, complete waste of 4 years..
        In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

• LINY
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2009

Well, he won't go down as the worst, anymore. Obama's got him beat in that category by a hundred country miles!
          If you want to go really wingnut crazy, you can say that Obama was secretly elected into Office because Bush rigged the polls because he wanted to show America what it was like to have a really bad President.

We need another Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• BCSD Frank
            Resident Misanthrope
            • Dec 2009

We DO need another Ronald Reagan! Sadly, I doubt we will get one. I'm so sick of having to choose the person I think will F-up the country the least, every time I vote. Hrmph...

Comment

• SRT936
              Barefoot Ninja
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by LINY
              If you want to go really wingnut crazy, you can say that Obama was secretly elected into Office because Bush rigged the polls because he wanted to show America what it was like to have a really bad President.

We need another Ronald Reagan.
              I was thinking about this exact thing this morning. I sometimes think that maybe Obama is an operative of the vast right wing conspiracy. After all, he's done more to advance the cause of conservatism then just about anyone else.
              \

Comment

• -Erik-
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2007

You are incorrect, Erik. A quick look at the national deficit and how it has grown in the past two years, will be your first clue. I've never seen a president bow to foreign monarchy, before. I've never seen a president NOT put his hand over his heart during the playing of the national anthem. I could continue..
                The country split into two parts during the Buchanan administration.

Andrew Johnson did a disastrous job of the reconstruction post-civil war.

Roosevelt II doomed us with a Social Security system that was certain to fail with the rise of life expectancy and population growth.

Andrew Jackson committed what was is darn near close to genocide when he moved the Native Americans west.

I am not incorrect. You are. I just have this ability to see before the past 30 years when judging my Presidents. Both Bush and Obama have sucked and neither one has done a thing to correct this mess of an economy. Either one is a lame duck President. But neither is in the class of the above.
                This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

• BigPat
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2005

I am not sure what part of Reagan's policies everyone thinks would be so excellent right now.... is it deficit spending?? Illegal alien amnesty?

Reagan's policies were (mostly) great for the time period, a time period when we were in the midst of the cold war, Carter had let our military deteriorate into near ruin, and top marginal tax rates were ridiculously high. The current situation is nothing like that.

Comment

• BCSD Frank
                    Resident Misanthrope
                    • Dec 2009

Okay, Erik. Whatever you say. You, along with BigPoot and Dldo have won the internets. Congratulations.

Comment

• BigPat
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2005

Okay, Erik. Whatever you say. You, along with BigPoot and Dldo have won the internets. Congratulations.
                      How dare he disagree with you.....

Comment

• jcioccke
                        Forum Member
                        • Feb 2008

He did get the hostages back before he lef office, I remember that.
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

• JasperST
                          Bigfoot Country
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jcioccke
                          He did get the hostages back before he lef office, I remember that.
                          Actually, 20 minutes after Reagan was sworn in.

Comment

• BCSD Frank
                            Resident Misanthrope
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by JasperST
                            Actually, 20 minutes after Reagan was sworn in.
                            Yep. The Iranians wanted nothing to do with Reagan. If Carter had won a second term, I doubt the Iranians would have released the hostages.

Comment

• 1042 Trooper
                              This Can't Be!
                              • Feb 2006

It wasn't what Reagan did so much - but how he made me feel as a young American. After Carter tried to make us all believe we were a second rate people - Ronnie proudly encouraged us all to feel good about being the greatest people and land on earth.

His eternal optomism and hope were real and heartfelt - not some lame and empty slogan as used recently by Barry Hussein (might as well be Osama) Obama.
                              The All New
                              BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                              Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                              - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

• SRT936
                                Barefoot Ninja
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper
                                It wasn't what Reagan did so much - but how he made me feel as a young American. After Carter tried to make us all believe we were a second rate people - Ronnie proudly encouraged us all to feel good about being the greatest people and land on earth.

His eternal optomism and hope were real and heartfelt - not some lame and empty slogan as used recently by Barry Hussein (might as well be Osama) Obama.
                                +10000000

Reagan loved this country and her people. He believed in the capability of the American spirit when its allowed to be unfettered. It was that undercurrent that made him more then just another President. Mubarak has the exact opposite problem. I really don't think he loves this country or understands the independent nature of the American soul.
                                \

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25052 users online. 65 members and 24987 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...