• L-1
    • Jun 2004

Run From Police - Hit By Two Trains

Double karma

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere
  • Tom S
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2011

First officer had his back turned to the second locomotive and probably did not hear it coming. Lucky the second officer on the scene had his six.

That was a classic double tap. One to stop, one to finish.
    When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

What's even crazier is the driver survived with only non life threatening injuries.

Comment

• RR_Security
        Student of Gerbil Voodoo
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Tom S
        First officer had his back turned to the second locomotive and probably did not hear it coming. Lucky the second officer on the scene had his six.
        And it looked like Officer #1 walked around the gate to get away from the track, instead of just ducking under it.
        I used to teach that the area 15 feet outside the near rail was a danger zone. I've since upped that to 30 feet. If anything derails during emergency braking, there are going to be railcars spread all over that area.

She apparently missed the memo about what those gate thingies mean. The center barriers are supposed to discourage going around the gates, but I guess they're not all that effective against the truly dedicated.

"Have 'em stop the damn train." If that was brake smoke I could see, it means the engineer was already aware something was going on. Looked like there was another grade crossing in the distance past the Pioneer station, but you might need to go beyond that to finally catch up with her car.

Escape? fail.gif
        --
        Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

• pittguy1984
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2012

This is what happens when trains try to drag race.

Comment

• Tom S
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by RR_Security
            And it looked like Officer #1 walked around the gate to get away from the track, instead of just ducking under it.
            I used to teach that the area 15 feet outside the near rail was a danger zone. I've since upped that to 30 feet. If anything derails during emergency braking, there are going to be railcars spread all over that area.
            I live in a town where coal trains come through at sixty MPH. I usually stop 100 feet away from the crossing. People give me strange looks as they drive around me to crowd right up to the gate. But I have see derailments where the cars come two railcar lengths off the track and I want nowhere near them.
            When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

• VA Dutch
              Former Deputy Sheriff
              • Feb 2006

I wonder if her car was considered a total loss by her insurance company.

On a serious note, the fact that she was not killed is a testament to the "rugged" construction of whatever type of vehicle she was driving.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

• Chomp
                Equal Height Equal Light
                • Mar 2009

****bag: hit by two trains, no serious injuries.

Cop: marked unit parked 1/4 mile from passing train carrying pillows: explodes.

Comment

• Ramrod711
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2012

Oh man that one Officer should be buying his partner a drink.
                  "Judge's comment's for precedent are Blue by Day White by Knight. Common battery signals are as follows chuck, kluck, pencil, eraser and ink. The most common signal is Tinkerbell." - gabrielnzion's crazy ramblings

Comment

• JustAJ
                    Secret Squirrel
                    • Jan 2010

My wife called me an Adam Henry because I laughed my butt off when I watched this last night on the news. And this was *before* I found out she was running from the police. I have no sympathy for anyone who tries the old "I can beat this train" trick and then gets nailed by said train. This video should be called "DP by Karma".

Comment

• IAM Rand
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2009

That would be a fun TC to reconstruct. She left 200 or 300 feet of skid marks before hitting the train. Looks like left side locked and right side nothing. She must have bumped up the train gate before hitting. Think the officer is going to need an extra sheet of paper to diagram this one.
                      Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

• KenW.
                        Caution: Unvetted member.
                        • Nov 2003

This incident was in my county and I was briefed on it this morning. She crossed another set of tracks on the way to this set. She caught air and the brakes were on as she landed. the Sgt in the chase couldn't keep up in his truck. Her speed was estimated at over 100 mph. Mercedes are fast cars. Well, except for this one right now. She left 300 and some odd feet of skid marks. As officer #1 was making his escape he heard her screaming, "Get me out of this car!" Needless to say, he had her wait.
                        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• pittguy1984
                          Forum Member
                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by KenW.
                          This incident was in my county and I was briefed on it this morning. She crossed another set of tracks on the way to this set. She caught air and the brakes were on as she landed. the Sgt in the chase couldn't keep up in his truck. Her speed was estimated at over 100 mph. Mercedes are fast cars. Well, except for this one right now. She left 300 and some odd feet of skid marks. As officer #1 was making his escape he heard her screaming, "Get me out of this car!" Needless to say, he had her wait.
                          Do you know how the pursuit started? I wish they initiated a traffic stop and asked her to get out of the car then she sped off, becase if I was that officer and she screamed to get her out of the car while on the tracks, I'd say "ohh, NOW you want to get out?"

One-liner: successful.

Comment

• swat_op506
                            Aggresively Unfancy
                            • Jan 2010

We had a CSX train derailment in my JD about 2 years ago. One car's steel wheels/axles went over 900 feet, tumbling, not rolling, across a field. The damage to train cars and tracks was unbelievable.
                            Ain't physics cool!

Comment

• swat_op506
                              Aggresively Unfancy
                              • Jan 2010

*double post- sorry mods*
                              Last edited by swat_op506; 10-18-2013, 10:09 AM. Reason: dbl post

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12172 users online. 74 members and 12098 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...