Page 82 of 309 FirstFirst ... 32 72 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 7710
Like Tree4676Likes

Thread: NYPD January 2014 Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne Ultimatum View Post
    hmmm... It's over 30 months and still on my abstract (speeding)
    Hey Bourne, why do u even worry about it? Is it only one speeding ticket you have or u got more. I say if u have only one u should relax buddy.
    Why u r still waiting for the call, weren't u done with the process some time ago.?
    NYPD Exam 1315
    APD-5: submitted
    Initial Medical: done
    Social Media: done
    Written Psych: done
    Oral Psych: done
    BI: done
    JST: done

Patiently awaiting that dream job !!!
    Courtesy Professionalism ​Respect

NYPD from A to Z ( click on the link below)
    http://www.thewatchscene.com/2012/12...nypd-from-a-z/
    Always remembered ...
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/21042-de...eter-j-figoski

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.R. View Post
    Hey Bourne, why do u even worry about it? Is it only one speeding ticket you have or u got more. I say if u have only one u should relax buddy.
    Why u r still waiting for the call, weren't u done with the process some time ago.?
    nah... I am still here. Can't leave you softies on you own...
    Chris.R., USN_2_NYPD and atlantis like this.
    Exam 0309 | Med/JST/Psych/Mini/BI - Pass/Done | Waiting for my turn
    Guide to Impact and The Job - NYPD from A to Z - Academy Tips
    *How to edit your signature - Top right> notifcations> inbox> edit signature (left column)

Just confirmed, its 3 yrs. have u taken any defensive courses it really helps
    Bourne Ultimatum likes this.
    Nypd # 2052 4/2012
    APD-5 - 2/14
    Med -
    BI -
    Written Psych -
    Oral Psych -
    Jst -
    Mini Med -

Nys Co Trainee 4/2013

PCT # 4334 9/2013
    # 1xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Irod777 View Post
    Just confirmed, its 3 yrs. have u taken any defensive courses it really helps
    yup it lowers your insurance rate by 10% and also shows that you have taken things into mature consideration... it definitely will not hurt to have one on your record.
    Irod777 likes this.
    NYPD Exam 1315
    APD-5: submitted
    Initial Medical: done
    Social Media: done
    Written Psych: done
    Oral Psych: done
    BI: done
    JST: done

Patiently awaiting that dream job !!!
    Courtesy Professionalism ​Respect

NYPD from A to Z ( click on the link below)
    http://www.thewatchscene.com/2012/12...nypd-from-a-z/
    Always remembered ...
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/21042-de...eter-j-figoski

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Forum Member
    oh where oh where is my JST!!!!! Do they send it by mail?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris.R. View Post
    yup it lowers your insurance rate by 10% and also shows that you have taken things into mature consideration... it definitely will not hurt to have one on your record.
    yeah but being soft increases your rate by 50% so theres no point in taking that shyttt... it definitely hurts to have that on your record,LOL!
    exam:1313 (2/2011)
    list #: 2xx
    apd 5:Aug 2012
    Medical: DONE
    Written Psych: DONE
    Oral Psych: DONE
    JST:Not yet
    Meet w/ BI: Not yet
    Mini Med:Not yet

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne Ultimatum View Post
    Guys how fast do points get out from your abstract is that 4 years? if so is it from conviction date or violation date? Please advise.
    http://www.dmv.ny.gov/abstract.htm#WHAT

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread. Here's the right answer:

A moving violation conviction or an accident normally remains on a driver record during the year that the conviction or the accident occurred, and for the following three calendar years. (Note: The DMV uses the year when the conviction occurred, not the year when the violation occurred.)

The DMV removes a conviction or an accident from a driver record on January 1 of the fourth year after the year of the conviction or the accident. For example, an accident or a conviction that occurred during 2003 remains on the driver record until January 1, 2007.

A conviction that is alcohol-related or is for driving while impaired by drugs (for example, DWI or DWAI) remains on a driver record for exactly 10 years. If a driver is convicted of the same violation during that 10 years, the driver can receive additional penalties.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lichargers3113 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are wrong medicals will not take a year it was unfortunate you had to wait a year for yours but we will not wait a year like I said we will get outs jan/feb and yes I do have a reliable source that can back that up, exam 2311 will make July 14 as Lon as they hit 1315/1320
    Your source is using the same magic 8 ball every other source is using buddy. You've got nothing to go on to tell people that they are wrong. You're taking wild guesses and so is your source. Keep your hopes up, but don't be delusional about it.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPD2k13 View Post
    Your source is using the same magic 8 ball every other source is using buddy. You've got nothing to go on to tell people that they are wrong. You're taking wild guesses and so is your source. Keep your hopes up, but don't be delusional about it.
    #facts
    Lichargers3113 likes this.
    MPD
    MASS PROCESSING 1/14
    BI ASSIGNED 2/14
    POLYGRAPH EXAM 1/14
    MEDICAL EXAM 3/14
    PSYCH EXAM 3/14

DONE --> THE CALL ___

BALTIMORE CITY PD
    AGILITY EXAM: 1/14
    WRITTEN EXAM: 1/14
    WRITTEN PSYCH EXAM: 1/14

BACKGROUND INV. MEETING 2/14
    POLYGRAPH EXAM 3/14
    ORAL PSYCH EXAM 3/14
    MEDICAL EXAM 3/14
    DONE --> THE CALL 3/14

VIRGINIA BEACH PD

POLYGRAPH EXAM 3/14
    BACKGROUND INV MEETING 3/14

PSYCH EXAM
    MEDICAL EXAM
    DONE --> THE CALL ___

Forum Member
    This guy speaks the truth
    Lichargers3113 likes this.

Question.
    Since nypd is working with an expired contract, is there a possibility a new contract agreement with higher pay can be agreed on? And vice-versa (lowered pay)
    The few.
    The proud.
    God Bless America

Thank god for Tier II !!! DigitalFrenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BENREYN1 View Post
    Question.
    Since nypd is working with an expired contract, is there a possibility a new contract agreement with higher pay can be agreed on? And vice-versa (lowered pay)
    Pay can only be lowered for new hires. They can't lower the pay for those already OTJ. There will be a new contract soon...as in the next 2 years or earlier. The current offer from the city was laughed at by the PBA who said thanks but no thanks. It was a silly offer just so Bloomberg can say he tried to settle the labor issue and that it was the unions who didn't agree. I'm not hopeful with our incoming anti-cop mayor. I don't care if he's "pro-labor"...too many factors at hand.

Top pay will go up, as will the steps up to top pay but the issue at hand is by how much and if we get retro. I don't think the PBA will agree to anything without retro or anything that involves paying into healthcare. If they can't come to an agreement after a number of times, it will go to an arbitrator and the decision is binding. It's tricky with PD because you can't make more than the rank above you, so if the PBA membership gets a raise it will "trickle up" and the SBA and LBA will also get a raise soon after as well...depending on the numbers of course.

_DF

RIP PO Peter Figoski

NYPD Scholarship Opportunities

DigitalFrenchie's Guide to NYPD IMPACT

Stop, Question & Possible Frisk: My Personal Take

When I answer a stupid question:

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTNT View Post
    DF,

Why do you bother?

Also, my friend is exam #1320 and has her medical on October 2. Is that exam good to go for the next class?

RIP PO Peter Figoski

DF,

Why do you bother?

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFrenchie View Post
    Pay can only be lowered for new hires. They can't lower the pay for those already OTJ. There will be a new contract soon...as in the next 2 years or earlier. The current offer from the city was laughed at by the PBA who said thanks but no thanks. It was a silly offer just so Bloomberg can say he tried to settle the labor issue and that it was the unions who didn't agree. I'm not hopeful with our incoming anti-cop mayor. I don't care if he's "pro-labor"...too many factors at hand.

Top pay will go up, as will the steps up to top pay but the issue at hand is by how much and if we get retro. I don't think the PBA will agree to anything without retro or anything that involves paying into healthcare. If they can't come to an agreement after a number of times, it will go to an arbitrator and the decision is binding. It's tricky with PD because you can't make more than the rank above you, so if the PBA membership gets a raise it will "trickle up" and the SBA and LBA will also get a raise soon after as well...depending on the numbers of course.

_DF
    Im praying that we get a raise. Our union coba does everything to miror nypd pay. So hopefully retro and a top pay exceeding 80000$ is in our near future.
    FDNY Recruit

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxicity4 View Post
    Im praying that we get a raise. Our union coba does everything to miror nypd pay. So hopefully retro and a top pay exceeding 80000$ is in our near future.
    Being that we're so underpaid compared to surrounding departments, I'm hoping it's closer to 90. $80k would only be a $4k jump.

Thanxs. Personally I see nothing wrong with a 40k+ rookie salary, as long as top pay is increased. I would probably still be alright with 35k. Anything below that is a slap in the face
    atlantis likes this.
    The few.
    The proud.
    God Bless America

Forum Member
    The pay isn't horrible, as long as you claim more than 1.

Being that we're so underpaid compared to surrounding departments, I'm hoping it's closer to 90. $80k would only be a $4k jump.
    Perhaps in comparison to surrounding departments, yes. But the pay and benefits blows almost every other city job and quite a lot of private sector jobs out of the water. I make more than most of my lawyer friends who have $200k in loans and I work half the time they do. Without any OT or night diff, top pay hovers a little under $90k right now. I suspect our new contract will bring that number closer to $95-97k. I just hope the health benefits remain the same. Our base would have to jump by almost 20% to reach $90k before everything else (longevity, holiday, etc.) is added in. Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BENREYN1 View Post
    Thanxs. Personally I see nothing wrong with a 40k+ rookie salary, as long as top pay is increased. I would probably still be alright with 35k. Anything below that is a slap in the face
    Exactly, top pay is what counts more than anything.

RIP PO Peter Figoski

DF,

Why do you bother?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFrenchie View Post
    Perhaps in comparison to surrounding departments, yes. But the pay and benefits blows almost every other city job and quite a lot of private sector jobs out of the water. I make more than most of my lawyer friends who have $200k in loans and I work half the time they do. Without any OT or night diff, top pay hovers a little under $90k right now. I suspect our new contract will bring that number closer to $95-97k. I just hope the health benefits remain the same. Our base would have to jump by almost 20% to reach $90k before everything else (longevity, holiday, etc.) is added in. Not going to happen.

Exactly, top pay is what counts more than anything.
    Can't say I disagree.

Forum Member
    got my stuff from the Nassau police liason .. everything's a go I officially have everything for my b.I. just waiting on that email back. today makes a week with no response
    MPD
    MASS PROCESSING 1/14
    BI ASSIGNED 2/14
    POLYGRAPH EXAM 1/14
    MEDICAL EXAM 3/14
    PSYCH EXAM 3/14

DONE --> THE CALL ___

BALTIMORE CITY PD
    WRITTEN PSYCH EXAM: 1/14

BACKGROUND INV. MEETING 2/14
    POLYGRAPH EXAM 3/14
    ORAL PSYCH EXAM 3/14
    MEDICAL EXAM 3/14
    DONE --> THE CALL 3/14

VIRGINIA BEACH PD

POLYGRAPH EXAM 3/14
    BACKGROUND INV MEETING 3/14

PSYCH EXAM
    MEDICAL EXAM
    DONE --> THE CALL ___

In my opinion we aren't underpaid. There's going to be a time when you'll feel like you're robbing the city. I like my department though you can make a lot of money with the ot or work 2 doubles and take 4 days off. Its going to be a ruff decision when I start the nypd process in 2 years.
    FDNY Recruit

Forum Member
    I said in comparison to surrounding departments

Forum Member
    1302 still waiting. I called my investigator and she said she hasn't heard nothing yet

Forum Member
    So is this accurate information that exam 1320 is receiving their medical letters?
    Nypd exam 2302- 7/2011
    Passed exam!
    List#- 12/2011
    Apd5- 5/2013
    Initial Medical- 01/2014
    Written and Oral Psych- 01/2014
    Meet with Investigator- 01/2014
    Jst- 03/2014

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysnight View Post
    So is this accurate information that exam 1320 is receiving their medical letters?
    yes madam.

Page 82 of 309 FirstFirst ... 32 72 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 92 132 182 ... LastLast